Hero
    danishmend
    Religion
    is a private matter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,250
    Given: 19,152

1 Not allowed!

Did I read this wrong or is he saying that right of return should be granted? The cyrillic thing is definitely an issue, but he's kind of right about one thing, now that Croatia is in the EU they can do whatever they want unless it is very bad because they are already in. The EU seems not to care about these kind of things in candidate countries and member countries unless it's in their political interest to do so. I think it's sort of true that Croatia hasn't really been held accountable like they should be but actually I think it is more important to move forward. I doubt the EU is going to try and push legal things now that they are in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dralos View Post
    nobody speaks about rights of minority in serbia who dont have any right atall
    Context Dralos, Serbia is not yet in the EU. The point he's making is that since Croatia is in the EU this issue should now be brought to the forefront because that is something the EU (supposedly) cares about.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

1 Not allowed!

The time to talk to rights for Croatian Serbs was before 1995. Now it's as expression goes "A cooked stew".

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2018 @ 05:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,569
    Given: 2,482

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Solin View Post

Dear lord aren't you nuts! They are not Serbs! .
    THey are Vlachs

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,166
    Given: 13,531

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TypicalMonGurl View Post
    Did I read this wrong or is he saying that right of return should be granted? The cyrillic thing is definitely an issue, but he's kind of right about one thing, now that Croatia is in the EU they can do whatever they want unless it is very bad because they are already in. The EU seems not to care about these kind of things in candidate countries and member countries unless it's in their political interest to do so. I think it's sort of true that Croatia hasn't really been held accountable like they should be but actually I think it is more important to move forward. I doubt the EU is going to try and push legal things now that they are in anyway.
    Ah my dear Mon girl. I don't know who is annoying me more, you or Scarlett. The cyrillic thing is not an issue anymore (as of these days if I am not mistaken) since the law has been changed and no cyrillic signs will be put there since by the new law Vukovar will be considered as a special place, a sole exception when it comes to this things. Since 1990s Vukovar became a symbol since the war started there during 1990s and that is where people got hurt the most and that is where the people suffered the most in Croatia during 1990s. In places around Vukovar where Serbs are majority or where is more than 30% (as the law states) of them, the cyrillic signs are present.

Just for an info there is a theory that because of the Lex Perkovic case which was on the scene around the same time our stupid, traitor and pawn of the government brought this to attention as a diversion so it is still questionable how many Serbs are there in Vukovar and especially as if the actions for a new census are blocked by itself which are becoming everything except starting to get implemented. People from Vukovar swear that a good number of Serbs don't even live in Vukovar who only have papers from there and many actually live in Serbia, but are getting their income or pensions from Croatia.

I can't find it right now, but I posted in a similar discussion with you a list of Serbs which came to the light because of these events who work in Vukovar or a surrounding area, have nice jobs, many work in police, nobody complains, but who joined the Serbian forces during 1990s and many are suspected of committing murders of Croatian people during 1990 and some of them even live in Serbia, but work here. How about those rights of Serbs in Croatia!?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ironic
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Country
    Georgia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    wasted to care
    Taxonomy
    MUH TEBID
    Politics
    are the problem
    Hero
    danishmend
    Religion
    is a private matter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,250
    Given: 19,152

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Solin View Post
    I can't find it right now, but I posted in a similar discussion with you a list of Serbs which came to the light because of these events who work in Vukovar or a surrounding area, have nice jobs, many work in police, nobody complains, but who joined the Serbian forces during 1990s and many are suspected of committing murders of Croatian people during 1990 and some of them even live in Serbia, but work here. How about those rights of Serbs in Croatia!?
    I think you have me confused with someone else because I have absolutely no recollection of any such list.

I think all people should be held accountable for their actions during the war, regardless of their ethnicity and those who were affected should get appropriate compensation or at least see justice served.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,166
    Given: 13,531

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TypicalMonGurl View Post
    I think you have me confused with someone else because I have absolutely no recollection of any such list.
    There was a discussion about these cyrillic sings in some thread which I can't remember this summer, mostly between you and me, but it may seem that I didn't post it specifically to you which may be the reason why you can't remember.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Viktator View Post
    Former Czechoslovakia:
    http://www.politics.hu/20131107/offi...benes-decrees/

We tried to take this to EU courts, however naturally it resulted in nothing.

Not to mention:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bene%C5...ical_relations
    The only difference is that those decrees were signed AFTER WWII and BEFORE the universal declaration of human rights by the U.N. Beyond that, one of the reasons WWII was ignited was because Hitler used the Sudeten minority as an excuse to destroy Czechoslovakia... and then Europe followed.

Of course Milosevic tried to do the same as Hitler. Nevertheless, Croatia was saved by their European allies, and it is only an irony to accuse Europe of undermining Croatia, when Croatia would have probably lost much of its' territories to Serbia satellites without German support. Meanwhile, Serbia is not part of the E.U. and as such Europe cannot impose anything to Serbia. Nevertheless, Serbia is courting the E.U.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2018 @ 05:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,569
    Given: 2,482

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petros Houhoulis View Post
    The only difference is that those decrees were signed AFTER WWII and BEFORE the universal declaration of human rights by the U.N
    The so called Pontic Greek genocide also happened before the delcaration of human rights was passed. By your logic that makes it ok?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alien
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    J2b1>PH4306>Y22066>?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,042
    Given: 1,392

0 Not allowed!

They all pretend to be Croats

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    The so called Pontic Greek genocide also happened before the delcaration of human rights was passed. By your logic that makes it ok?
    Did you see me anywhere asking for Pontus to be returned to Greece? Or did you see me claiming the properties of the Pontic Greeks to be returned to them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information