Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so many English people against Poles?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Velecik View Post
    As far as I know, English people dislike Poles for a certain number of reasons:

1) Polish people often tend to compete the locals in the employment field, therefore taking many of the jobs that the local could be employed in, also they are stressed by the fact that the Poles send their money back home. So, basically, they earn a lot and send it back home, having a negative impact in the british economy.

2) It has to do with numbers, and their influence. There are approximately 800.000-1 million polish people in the United Kingdom, and they have influenced a lot the life in England. Polish is the second most spoken language in the UK, and many areas nowadays tend to have a great Polish influence, which is of course disliked by the Brits.

3)It might have to do with the fact that many polish people still prefer the UK nowadays, and their numbers are growing every day, which is irritating for the brits. Polish, romanian and bulgarian immigrants tend to make a negative impact for other eastern europeans,that are stereotyped as criminals, thiefs, and first class murderers.

4) It has to do with the difference in race and culture. As we know, Brits are mostly of anglo-saxon(germanic tribes) ancestry mixed with celtic, whilst Poles are slavic, and it is a known fact that English and Germans are not very keen on slavic people. Another big difference has to do with their language and their customs, which tend to be sometimes very different from British customs.

These reasons are based on several conversations I've had with british people, and several experiences I've encountered.
    It's mostly one and two - numbers and competition for jobs. Poles in this respect are no different from other immigrants.
    I don't think anti-Polish sentiment is as strong as it was when Poles first started coming once Poland joined the EU. Back then the Poles were still a distinct minority and people didn't know what to expect. Poles are mostly integrated now though, it's ironic but probably not surprising that they've assimilated better into British society than a 50 year old Pakistani minority.

I don't think many people still hate Poles though. The few that do are like the Poles that hate Lithuanians and Russians.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,707
    Given: 5,850

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Capelli View Post
    Both Poles and Irish are catholics. That's that.
    England isn't like that. Only the Northern Irish, & a minority of Scots Orange lodgers are.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Northern Italy, Lithuania, Scotland
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + CM
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,173
    Given: 7,962

0 Not allowed!

Because many Poles immigrated to Britain, and immigrants are never liked. But it's mostly the English, the Welsh have nothing against them.

Last Online
    04-06-2023 @ 09:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swenglish
    Ancestry
    Ostergotland Sweden, Lombardy Italy, Norfolk England
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Washington
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,908
    Given: 535

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    They are sexy, nice, intelligent... Oh you mean, English people dislike the Poles out of jealousy? That makes sense. Thanks a lot man for your input to this thread, your theory probably is the most sensible one right now and perhaps out of all!
    What do English people have to be jealous about Poles over? or anyone else in Europe for the matter. France & England were two of the major powers with two of the richiest histories of innovation & achievement.
    Send me dms asking me to classify you, i'll have Barbarianna of Barbaria here put a few holes in you. Then I'll take this guitar and smash it over your head.

Chieftain

0 Not allowed!

R.I.P Anglo-Saxons.

Last Online
    08-14-2015 @ 05:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Poland
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Velecik View Post
    As far as I know, English people dislike Poles for a certain number of reasons:
    Some people just hate for no reason whatsoever. I don't really consider any of your opinions as 'valid' reasons in all honesty and the last one is nonsense.

1) Polish people often tend to compete the locals in the employment field, therefore taking many of the jobs that the local could be employed in, also they are stressed by the fact that the Poles send their money back home. So, basically, they earn a lot and send it back home, having a negative impact in the british economy.
    We get just as much chance in employment as the British do, in fact many British are even emigrating to Poland now since the economy is gradually picking up. Whilst it is true that some Poles do send money back to their native home country, I am sure that British by birth abroad in say Germany or France are also doing the same, we do not all do this. Poles are not "taking the jobs", there has been several documentaries on this and it has been shown that many British are somewhat lazy and will not do jobs such as picking vegetables from a field for 10 hours a day at £8 an hour yet Eastern Europeans like Poles, Czechs, etc etc... will do it. What is the problem?

2) It has to do with numbers, and their influence. There are approximately 800.000-1 million polish people in the United Kingdom, and they have influenced a lot the life in England. Polish is the second most spoken language in the UK, and many areas nowadays tend to have a great Polish influence, which is of course disliked by the Brits.
    The influence of Poles in the UK is very little in all fairness apart from the obvious foreign language some shops, it's completely different compared to say Asians who are Muslims come over here. There is a few little towns that has a notable amount of Poles and some big cities do have a big population of Poles but spread all over the UK, we are very few. 1 million might sound a lot but if you work it out that is roughly 100,000 a year which might again come across as a big amount but it only represents 1% of the British population. Polish is indeed the second language of England (not UK) but this is somewhat biased as there is so many Asians here who have different languages/dialects yet Poland is obviously just Polish.

3)It might have to do with the fact that many polish people still prefer the UK nowadays, and their numbers are growing every day, which is irritating for the brits. Polish, romanian and bulgarian immigrants tend to make a negative impact for other eastern europeans,that are stereotyped as criminals, thiefs, and first class murderers.
    Again, the numbers are not growing as they can't even be an actual figure it is all just estimated and they are not even recorded as such, many also go back home.

4) It has to do with the difference in race and culture. As we know, Brits are mostly of anglo-saxon(germanic tribes) ancestry mixed with celtic, whilst Poles are slavic, and it is a known fact that English and Germans are not very keen on slavic people. Another big difference has to do with their language and their customs, which tend to be sometimes very different from British customs.
    In terms of race there is no difference between a British and Polish person. I don't know about that since the only English who moan are either 1) unemployed themselves and blame all migrants for taking the jobs 2) hate anyone who is not English 3) scumbags, also considering even the German Nazis still considered Slavs to be "Aryans" (as they are), I don't know how you can say that when the anti-Slavic propaganda used by the Nazis was politically not racially motivated for 1) living space for Germans/Germanics 2) fighting against Bolshevism, which in the Nazis eyes was a Jewish ideology and the masses of Slavs were being ruled by Jews and supporting them, they never once called Slavs "untermensch" (subhuman), despite what some sources like to say and the Nuremberg Laws or racial shame laws did not effect Slavs neither (although in the later years of the war when foreign Eastern European/Slavs were brought to Germany for labour they were not allowed to have sexual intercourse and neither was anyone including other 'Germanic' people as all "foreign blood" was seen as 'dangerous'). The language is somewhat true, even the English hate listening to Scottish and Welsh.

These reasons are based on several conversations I've had with british people, and several experiences I've encountered.
    What type of British people were these?

Are you Polish yourself?

Oi you lots
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Country
    Jamaica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,132
    Given: 4,897

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    Are you Polish yourself?
    He is sheeptard/Albo.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,707
    Given: 5,850

0 Not allowed!

Don't buy into the Poles taking jobs thing. The Polish have migrated into areas with healthy employment statistics.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

0 Not allowed!

So that's why you Brits hate me! That, and because I am a Buddhist! I knew it, I knew it! LOL

Wait, I've never been to Western Europe! Never mind, continue.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information