I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    Haha that favourite punctuation thing is, entirely, correct, indeed.

Last Online
    12-03-2023 @ 11:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    Ancestry
    Africa
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,716
    Given: 1,709

2 Not allowed!

I'm just weird. Interacting with people can be like going to the gym. You don't feel like doing it, but once you're there, it can be a lotta fun and make you feel better. I have a great appreciation for both aspects of life. I enjoy spending time with friends and family. But they also know I crave metime too. I need the balance of both. Because I realize that people can be so tiresome, but people can also save your life.

But I don't like meaningless small talk either.
    In fact, that's why I hate cellphones so much. It's a cheap and tawdry replacement for real life face to face interaction with people. My friends can't understand why I'd rather write them letters or why I don't call as often. I can't tell them that hearing their voices but not being able to be with them actually makes me sad. Because I don't want to talk to you over the phone or text you. I wanna see your face and laugh with you until my stomach hurts and my cheeks hurt. Or hang out and figure the mysteries of the world over dinner and drinks...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    08-29-2014 @ 08:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Wood elf + pixie and nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,112
    Given: 2,045

3 Not allowed!

21 Things Introverts Love

1. A long stretch of weekend time with no official plans.

2. When parties are canceled.

3. Hanging out all day with only your pet.

4. The relief you feel when you don’t have any plans after work.

(Ha! funny)

5. When you can email or IM a company for customer service instead of calling.

6. Going to the beach by yourself.

7. Ignoring your phone for awhile. ( I don't have a phone to ignore)

8. …but pretending to text during awkward alone moments at parties. ( Is that what I see everyone doing while I'm out and about? )

9. When your school project isn’t a group one.

(lol)

10. Having the hobbies and bedtime of a senior citizen. (lmao)

11. Shopping alone. (is the best)

12. Having a quiet drink at home with your partner instead of going to a loud bar.

13. Driving solo for long periods of time.

14. Recharging after a long stretch of socializing.

15. Wishing you could actually say this to everyone.

Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    08-29-2014 @ 08:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Wood elf + pixie and nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,112
    Given: 2,045

2 Not allowed!

16. Turning down annoying invitations.

17. Actively avoiding icebreaker games, because they’re the WORST.

18. Meeting someone else who hates small talk.

19. Writing.

20. Cherishing your small group of close friends, as opposed to trying to maintain a huge circle of acquaintances.

21. Being patient with your own thoughts.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic / Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Taxonomy
    West Baltid
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,591
    Given: 16,990

3 Not allowed!

Default 47 Things Only Introverts Understand

47 Things Only Introverts Understand

1. Not understanding the concept of boredom because you are so content with your own company.

2. “Get in and get out” is your mantra.

3. Immature hatred towards people who interrupt you when you’re speaking.

4. Feeling like your ears are being raped by loud talkers – which is most people speaking most of the time.

5. Weekends filled with social obligations feeling like work.

6. The awkwardness of having to make conversation with an old acquaintance who’s name escapes you.

7. Being exhausted by days with zero alone time.

8. Aggravation when big plans change.

9. Feelings of irrational contempt for your phone when it rings during your downtime.

10. Sussing people out before opening up.

11. Feeling guilty for requesting a premature home time from your partner at a social event.

12. Sending out telepathic death-rays to pushy sales assistants who try to involve themselves in your shopping experience.

13. Wanting to spontaneously combust when an unexpected guest pops over after work and you were planning on doing your nails.

14. Prioritising tasks over making pleasantries.

15. Thinking that people who talk over the top of one another are vulgar.

16. Quality takes preference over quantity when speaking.

17. Blushing profusely ten times a day.

18. The overwhelming appeal of staying in instead of going out on a Saturday night.

19. Mixed feelings of mortification and elation at receiving praise.

20. Social occasions lacking structure or purpose agitate you.

21. Small talk being the bane of your existence.

22. Experiencing extreme anxiety when audience participation is requested at a live show.

23. Not realising that your facial expressions reveal your inner thoughts (disapproval).

24. Deleting 95% of Facebook event invites before reading them.

25. Lack of enthusiasm for social events that don’t serve alcohol.

26. Secretly liking that people sometimes find you aloof so therefore leave you alone.

27. When interrupted by someone saying “whatcha reading?” you hate them with the fire of a thousand suns.

28. When given the choice, texting wins over making a phone call.

29. You feel like you’ve had the life sucked out of you after a holiday away with a bunch of people.

30. You need to get in the zone and wind down when heading to bed because other peoples energy kills your vibe.

31. Working alone enables you to be creative and productive.

33. The joy of helping somebody by being a good listener.

34. Being called “weird” is a compliment because you interpret the word as meaning “unique”.

35. Disbelief as to how some people don’t realise how loud they’re eating and/or breathing.

36. Your comfy “home” clothes have a far higher rotation than your nice going-out clothes.

37. Preferring to pay a $50 cab fare than staying overnight at a friend’s house.

38. Turning down party invitations because you already had plans to watch TV and eat a giant cookie.

39. Occasionally feeling like you’ve used up your daily word quota before the days out.

40. Often enjoying after parties more than the main event because they’re more intimate.

41. Disapproving of oversharers, so you pretend to listen while thinking about things of greater consequence.

42. Preferring to exercise alone because your threshold for chit-chat reduces significantly when sweating.

43. Becoming paranoid that your house guests will never leave (even though they’ve only been there for half an hour).

44. Internalising serious problems to first work them out in your head before sharing them with those close to you.

45. Laughing out loud is a sometimes thing.

46. Sometimes thinking that the answer couldn’t possibly be that simple, so hold your tongue, and later regret it.

47. Frustration towards people who feel the need to share the inconsequential and mundane details about their lives.

Source: http://thoughtcatalog.com/alexandra-...ts-understand/

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic / Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Taxonomy
    West Baltid
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,591
    Given: 16,990

3 Not allowed!

Default 7 Positives Only Introverts Would Understand

7 Positives Only Introverts Would Understand

There’s an avalanche of information about introverts on the web. The great thing about it is that it helps a lot of people realize their own introverted tendencies. Many introverts are beginning to understand why situations commonly perceived as problems by many are, well, simply non-problems for them. Here are some of those positives only introverts would understand.

1. They love cancelled parties.

Introverts love cancelled parties. Okay, maybe love is too strong a word. But an introvert really wouldn’t mind if a big party he was invited to suddenly got cancelled or postponed.

Partying with a big group of people for a long period of time zaps an introvert’s energy. To expend less energy, introverts enjoy one-on-one conversations instead of group activities. You may know someone who’s dubbed as a “kill joy” because he wants to leave a party early. Stop the name-calling and consider that maybe that person is just tired and needs to recharge by spending some time by himself. He could be an introvert.

2. They’re cool with shutting up.

Society has a funny perception of silence. It’s as if something is terribly wrong if someone just wants to sit quietly by himself.

Remember that there is such a thing as companionable silence. It’s when two people are so relaxed and comfortable with each other that no words need to be spoken. And there’s solitude too, which is the creative’s refuge.

Introverts like silence and solitude because it’s during quiet times that many people, not just introverts, produce billion-dollar ideas, relax their minds, and recharge their bodies to face another day.

3. They get high (with energy) on being alone.

No invites on a Friday night? No problem!

While most people would be horrified and perhaps acutely depressed at the thought of spending the weekend minus social activities, your typical introvert is already getting started on his reading or movie list. That, or he’s already out hiking, hanging out at a bookshop, gardening, or writing weird poetry at the cafe.

But remember that being alone doesn’t equate to loneliness. The thing is, introverts need “alone time” for them to conserve their energy. This doesn’t mean that they’re alone all the time. Balance is key as Marti Olsen Laney explains in her book, The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World, “Introverts need to balance their alone time with outside time, or they can lose other perspectives and connections.”

4. They’re comfortable with eating alone.

Dining alone has such a bad reputation, doesn’t it? Heaven forbid you eat a meal without a living human body next to you!

For most introverts, solo dining is a relaxing experience and a good opportunity to truly enjoy a meal in peace. Bear in mind that introverts have a low threshold for stimulation and are easily distracted. It’s a good thing people are starting to realize the value of dining in peace, like this restaurant.

5. They just like to watch.

As funny as that may sound, they do.

Introverts are observant by nature. They’re the quiet ones who prefer to sit at the sidelines and observe those around them. And no, they’re not judging people when they do this. This also doesn’t mean that introverts are wallflowers. They can talk your ear off if the topic is something they’re passionate or know a lot about. They simply don’t feel the need nor have the energy to be social butterflies.

As Susan Cain puts it, “We’re not anti-social; we’re just differently social.”

6. They have few friends.

More than anyone else, introverts are masters at prioritizing quality over quantity, especially when it comes to friends. They form fewer but deeper relationships with people. Amazingly though, many introverts thrive in the online world. Perhaps because online communication and networking gives them more time to think and reflect about how to express their responses as compared to real-world conversations.

7. They take it slow.

Most of the time, taking things slow is seen as a weakness and the ability to “think on your feet” is favored over the ability to reflect. But introverts prefer to do things little by little and think carefully before making big decisions. The innate gifts of slowing down and tuning into their inner world and reflecting on experiences and situations allow them to better understand other people and empathize.

Introverts are good at unsettling extroverts without even trying. They can appear mysterious and don’t show much reaction or facial expression. So take the time to get to know someone and learn what makes them tick. Do this especially when your personality leans toward extroversion. Pretty soon these positives may hold true for you as well.

Source: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/com...nderstand.html

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information