South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

1 Not allowed!

Default 31 Unmistakable Signs That You’re An Introvert

1. This is your inner monologue during after-work drinks.

2. You know that canceling plans is like winning the damn lottery, especially when someone else does it.

3. You’ve mastered the art of turning a day at home, doing nothing, into SOMETHING WONDERFUL.

4. People often ask, “What are you thinking about?” because they haven’t heard you speak in a while.

5. Meeting new people? Please, you already have more than enough friends.

6. If anyone ever throws you a “fun” surprise party, this is your reaction.

7. Seeing this on your Facebook timeline gives you extreme anxiety.

8. You don’t hate parties, it’s just that you don’t LOVE being around a ton of people.

9. And you’re ready to leave shortly after arriving.

10. But, if for some reason you can’t leave, you know that hiding out in the bathroom is an option.

11. You do like to go out…to get your Netflix DVD.

12. You’ve never said this before:

13. But you have most certainly said this:

14. Agreeing to a lot of nights out in a row isn’t fun. AT. ALL.

15. This would be a realistic OkCupid profile summary:

16. You’ve become that person at parties who hangs out with the food bowl, and that’s OK.

17. You know this to be absolutely true.

18. When you’ve been around people for too long, there comes a moment when you realize you need to be alone OR ELSE.

19. Other people are always ruining your carefully thought-out responses.

20. On the weekends, this is your daily battle:

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

21. You wear headphones for a reason, and it’s so that people will (hopefully) not talk to you.

22. If you’re working at a coffee shop and someone sits down at your table it’s like…NAH, PLEASE, NAH.

23. The idea of working from home, all by yourself, fills you with a kind of happiness that’s borderline giddy.

24. This looks terrifying:

25. And this looks like the only place you ever want to be forever and ever.

26. You don’t hide your lack of enthusiasm for socializing, and your friends are OK with it…mostly.

27. You wish people would just accept you instead of trying to get you out of the house more.

28. Because being an introvert means you’re a really great listener.

29. And plenty of SUPER-successful people are introverts, like Meryl and Einstein.

30. And while you may not always LOVE being in big groups…

31. You know how awesome you are in your own element.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/3...e-an-introvert

Last Online
    10-12-2016 @ 03:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portuguese.(Porto/Tomar/Viseu/Lisboa)
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 1,603

0 Not allowed!

I share a few of those.
    But I wouldn't considered myself an Introverted nor an Extroverted Person.
    With me depends a lot on the mood for the day.

SkyBurn

0 Not allowed!

3, 13, and 20. None of the other ones. I'm a total extrovert, and the only "signs" which I listed are simply a result of me often being lazy

Last Online
    09-11-2015 @ 12:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Roman
    Ethnicity
    Roman
    Ancestry
    Pontos
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Politics
    Fascist/Pan-European
    Hero
    Ioannis Metaxas & Georgios Papadopoulos
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 562

0 Not allowed!

I share some of those although I like being around people, just not too many people where it's very loud.
    Fascist Army
    "Fascism means first of all defending your nation against the dangers that threaten it. It means the destruction of these dangers and the opening of a free way to life and glory for your nation." -Corneliu Codreanu

Hormonal storm. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-29-2015 @ 08:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    UFO
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Brandenburg
    Taxonomy
    alpino atlantid
    Politics
    alle gegen alle
    Religion
    God is inside me
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 703
    Given: 539

0 Not allowed!

I'd prefer dieng than being introverted....i've been so introverted and problematic for so long, that now i'm totally the opposite...and i like it...
    I'm a peaceful warrior.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,435
    Given: 13,139

0 Not allowed!

I'm a spic. I can't be introverted.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

0 Not allowed!

He he he, every single one pretty much.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can safely say that I am every single one of these. And I am totally happy being this way!

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

7 Not allowed!

Default I’m Not Mad; I’m an Introvert

Near the end of my last two jobs, I pretty much disliked the positions and some of the people. But I especially hated those mandatory team-building exercises that involved role-play and meetings that required active participation. Lunch was the best part of those days until I was forced to participate in that, too.

“Why are you so quiet, Teronda?”

I hate that, too, by the way. I wasn’t exactly ignoring anyone. I flashed a periodic smile and added an occasional “Oh” to indicate I was listening. But I didn’t have anything new or insightful to say to such light chitchat. All I really wanted to do was eat my pepperoni pizza slices in silence so I could regain enough mental energy to make it through the afternoon without a panic attack.

I’m just wired like that. I’m an introvert and I’m not here for small talk.

Really.

My words are deliberate and rehearsed. Small talk is too impromptu but deep conversations are greatly appreciated.

Between one-third to one-half of Americans are introverts but many of us pretend to be extroverts in an attempt to escape the anti-social, depressed, mute, standoffish, inhuman, flawed, moody, mad and indifferent labels. Unfortunately we’re not actresses who can remain in character for 10-hour days. Suppressing our introversion is a second job and eventually it seeps out like a soon-to-erupt volcano. Sitting amidst nonstop noise one minute too long can be mentally exhausting, overstimulating and possibly detrimental to extroverts if they continue to push us.

I rolled my eyes every time I spotted a team of colleagues prancing toward my desk with their notebooks of three-part questions and you-are-gonna-help-me-now attitudes on figures I didn’t even calculate. Things got real, real quick when my coworkers hovered over my shoulder watching me open files and touching my computer screen launching into another series of probing questions.

I had an immediate answer alright: Back the hell up because you’ve just invaded my personal space. Better yet, open the files at your own desks, type your questions and e-mail me. I’m fluent in passive communication and writing anyway.

We’re reserved, soft-spoken, innovative thinkers who refuel and thrive in solitude within quiet environments like closed offices or our homes. In these spaces we pen our novels, compose our music and paint masterpieces. Low-walled cubicles, open work spaces and even nightclubs are to an introvert what tight elevators are to a claustrophobic. Or what solitary confinement is to an extrovert.

I recuperated from the daily firing squads immediately after work in my car with no music and again in my apartment with novels, magazines, logic problems, crossword puzzles, naps and/or a lightly-scented candle. More than likely if we’re an introvert, we’re a nerd, too.

I wore an invisible “Do Not Disturb” sign. Don’t wave at me. Don’t honk your horn. In fact, don’t even look at me because I won’t see you. Don’t knock on my door. And don’t call me, either.

My phone still rang for evening chatter before I even had a chance to recharge, though. “Why don’t you ever answer your phone?” most asked. Because I couldn’t eat my pizza in peace like I needed. But I never bothered to explain in detail any deliberate send-to-voicemails because that led to hurt feelings and confrontation. And I’m not here for that, either.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I’m rather friendly. I laugh and joke daily, throw cocktail parties periodically and plan weekend outings. (All within spaces I can somewhat control, it seems.) And when my friends need me, I perform cartwheels followed by full splits to show my support.

I’m also down for being social publicly. I do love to go out and eat and sip, watch a movie, play or comedy show or chill at a lounge or any other gathering just like an extrovert. But it’ll be short-lived like Cinderella’s presence at the ball. Please just don’t make a big fuss when introversion rolls up, taps me on the shoulder and tells me it’s time to go home.

Article at this source: http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013/...-an-introvert/

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information