I fucking incinerate your heroes.
    Religion
    I am religion.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,687
    Given: 1,192

1 Not allowed!

I'd also like to add:

I hate pointless Monday meetings, various grandstanding techniques at meetings, office attention whores, contractors who don't know their place and feel they know everything from shit to shine-ola, and various other small talk time wasters as well. It seems like since the advent of Facebook, narcism has dramatically increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmey Gorynych View Post
    Turan is not a one day/night passion. Time can not change the hearts and minds of tr00 Turan followers because Turan is limitless in time and space. Turan is not merely a racial classification, Turan is a state of mind, it is the path of the righteous and the doom of the wicked.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-24-2017 @ 01:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Faroes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 124

2 Not allowed!

I can't stand extroverts. They get bored because nothing goes on in their heads so they have to talk about nothing all day.

To be successful as an introvert you need to embrace your introversion and focus on your strengths rather than trying to appear extroverted.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

0 Not allowed!

I'm introvert big time, I think most people who frequent sites on the net are. Extroverts are annoying as hell.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Doggerlander
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,164
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I wonder why us introverts are prone to having panic attacks. Extroverts are really some of the most shallow empty people imaginable generally but their extroverted nature makes people easy deceived that they are somehow more interesting than they truly are. I think humans in general aren't very keen on subtly and intrigue.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,731
    Given: 17,040

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post
    I can't stand extroverts. They get bored because nothing goes on in their heads so they have to talk about nothing all day.

To be successful as an introvert you need to embrace your introversion and focus on your strengths rather than trying to appear extroverted.
    This is so hard.

Luckily I have a job where I work from 7pm-7am. I don't need to see anyone or speak to anyone during that time. The problem is getting accepted to a job, and then trying to convince everyone that you really DO like working night shift, and really DON'T want to work day shift.

Each month I dread finding that the shifts have been made out in such a way that I am on day shift. I fear people resigning because it might mean I have to fill their spot on day shift. I HATE having to talk all day long, appear all happy and relaxed, pretend I just LOVE all this personal interaction when everything inside me is screaming at those people to go away. I feel like I'm living an act and am losing myself in the process. I really wish people would just leave me alone and get on with my job.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I wonder why us introverts are prone to having panic attacks. Extroverts are really some of the most shallow empty people imaginable generally but their extroverted nature makes people easy deceived that they are somehow more interesting than they truly are. I think humans in general aren't very keen on subtly and intrigue.
    Robert I know you are not gonna listen to me, but I'm gonna tell you anyhow even though you don't wanna hear it.

Depression is a blessing, that's right I have not made a mistake and I am only moderately crazy LOL

Here is why, (from my own experience), when you are in depression your illusions start falling off, the deeper you fall into depression the more layers of illusion (self created BS, like I'm this or that) fall off the shell one builds around oneself to protect oneself from it all. There comes a moment when there are no more illusions left, all there is is reality, and it's scary as hell, because there is nothing left to hold on to, absolutely nothing. At that moment realization comes that there are basically two choices: dig the hole deeper and never get out of the hole or stop digging. After you stop digging you have two choices again, build a new shield (I'm assertive, I'm strong and this and that or stay with the calm and quiet state of mind that comes after the realization that reality without the shield is not that scary once you look at it calmly with a clear mind.

Robert depression is a state of mind. Your mind creates it and your mind can put an end to it. If you want a permanent solution, you can't just use the sheer will power, it will work short term, but it will never solve the problem. The only way to solve this problem is through understanding the mechanics of how the mind works. In other words understanding reality, the way it works. You will never have to suffer again to the same degree. Once you start understanding reality the life becomes a flow and not a struggle, the mind transforms itself and the whole view of reality changes, and it will never go back to the previous state.

Dude, give this a go http://www.urbandharma.org/pdf/mindf...in_english.pdf If it does not speak to you after reading the first two chapters I'll never bug you again.

To me this is the best book there is. If I was to read just one my entire lifetime this is it.
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

2 Not allowed!

I am an extrovert, I can handle any situation, and I am usually shameless.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

I'm definitely an introvert.

My husband said he has noticed that I never greet the neighbours and asked me why. I said, "If you make eye contact they might decide to visit." He laughs his ass off every time we see neighbours and I become very interested in something in the opposite direction.

Last Online
    09-16-2016 @ 07:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    Palaeolithic + Neolithic mix.
    Politics
    anticommunist+anti-globalism+ anticapitalist
    Hero
    Turanids
    Religion
    Catholic + Ancient pagan + Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,211
    Given: 1,469

0 Not allowed!

I'm introvert. I do not like very extrovert.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Introverts Explained: Why We Love You But Need to Get Away From You

I am told our desire to get away from everyone every now and again and again is perplexing and sometimes painful to extroverts. They don’t understand how we could enjoy being alone, period. Even more confusing, we sometimes choose to be away from people we really like.

The truth is we see all people as stimulation and potential energy sucks. Sorry. It doesn’t matter if you make us laugh until we wet our pants or we find you so attractive we agree to make babies with you (or at least practice). We will need a break from you. We even need a break from other introverts, but speaking only for myself, not as often.

What Happens If We Don’t Get Our Space?
    The other day I heard a fun-loving morning show radio host say she needs to be in the house alone often in order to be civil. Having someone in another room of the same house isn’t good enough. She can feel them there. I loved that she said that because I am the same way. Also, she’s a highly visible and outgoing personality, yet she still requires time to herself (completely) in order to carry on as a decent human being. Introverts are not all recluses hanging out in dusty homes with cats and classic books (not that there’s anything wrong with cats and classic books. We get out and rock it, but then we need to withdraw from that buzz because if we don’t we will feel like an overdone steak, no life, no juice. Our minds will be zapped and cottony. Our speech may come out slowly with pauses between words. There may be tears or swearing or both.

We Don’t Mean to Hurt Your Feelings. We Just Can’t Stand You Sometimes.

I’ve heard from readers and experienced it in my own life, extroverts miss us and feel lonely and rejected when we pull back from them. It’s like we take away their light.

It’s especially difficult for children. I’ve seen my daughter’s friends question her relentlessly when she says she is going to play with her dolls after school instead of playing at the friend’s house. You mean you’d rather play alone than play with me?

School is highly stimulating. Downtime afterwards energizes introverted kids. My daughter is primarily an extrovert but she is sensitive and needs quiet time as well. She jabbers and narrates as she writes, plays on her iPod Touch, and fixes herself a bagel. She thinks out loud. Sometimes I ask her to think in her head (so that I don’t lose my mind). I ask her very gently but I still see the hurt in her eyes.

That hurt is there in adults’ eyes too. They don’t understand how one day we can spend every waking moment with them working, conversing, giggling, lightinsidewomanbywatercreating, smooching, etc. and the next we want to watch Downton Abbey by ourselves. They want more of the high-energy or deep listening us, but unfortunately that fun dear girl or guy can grow fangs or grow weepy if pushed to be out-going and devoted for too long.

Our brains process everything so deeply it’s tiring. We need time to live in our inner world. We need to recoup bubbly energy by visiting our thoughts, creativity and feelings. We need to go internal in order to express ourselves generously externally. Solitude expands us (and everyone really). It makes space within us so that we can take in more from the outside.

It’s Not You. It’s Us.

My best advice, don’t take it personally. It is most likely not about you (if you’ve been approved as a friend and we’ve shared at least one deep and meaningful late night talk). All we ask is that you don’t make us feel bad for needing space. If we work up the courage to ask for it, please respect our request. It is vital to our well-being.

Source: http://space2live.net/2013/03/22/int...away-from-you/

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information