Statism and bureaucracy
    Religion
    The State - God Walking on Earth
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 360

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I think it is more likely a reaction to outside perception. Extroverts look down on introverts, so we say 'hey we are happy how we are' and then we get accused of boasting. Not entirely fair but hey that's how the world works.
    Blaming others is essentially what an extrovert would do since they generally are extrospective instead of introspective.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2014 @ 04:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Colombia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,628
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

I am an extrovert/introvert bastard

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vogon Poet View Post
    Blaming others is essentially what an extrovert would do since they generally are extrospective instead of introspective.
    Introverts are perfectly capable of blame. We are also fully functional human beings.

Btw nice name/profile. 42

Last Online
    10-13-2013 @ 01:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Unprogressive
    Politics
    Statism and bureaucracy
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Introverts are perfectly capable of blame. We are also fully functional human beings.

Btw nice name/profile. 42
    Sure, but as a rule they look for internal problems rathern than external, being introverts.

Thanks!

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

1 Not allowed!

Sure, but as a rule they look for internal problems rathern than external, being introverts.

Thanks!
    No, not at all. The difference between introverts and extroverts is where they get their energy from (introverts=withing, extroverts=from outside).

The only reason you hear extroverts complaining more about it is because they tell everyone about it and make sure the world knows what ails them. Introverts keep it to themselves because they don't like the drama and consequences that come with complaining to everyone. The fundamental difference is the mode of expression.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Unprogressive
    Politics
    Statism and bureaucracy
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    No, not at all. The difference between introverts and extroverts is where they get their energy from (introverts=withing, extroverts=from outside).

The only reason you hear extroverts complaining more about it is because they tell everyone about it and make sure the world knows what ails them. Introverts keep it to themselves because they don't like the drama and consequences that come with complaining to everyone. The fundamental difference is the mode of expression.
    I'm pretty sure none of this contradicts what I said.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

2 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure none of this contradicts what I said.
    Perhaps I misunderstood you.

I thought that you were saying that when there is a problem introverts blame themselves whereas extroverts blame everyone else. Which is why I said there is no different regarding feeling wronged, only that an introvert doesn't express it as vocally as an extrovert would.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Unprogressive
    Politics
    Statism and bureaucracy
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood you.

I thought that you were saying that when there is a problem introverts blame themselves whereas extroverts blame everyone else. Which is why I said there is no different regarding feeling wronged, only that an introvert doesn't express it as vocally as an extrovert would.
    That was not my contention. What I said was basically that introverts tend to introspect while extroverts extrospect, meaning that extroverts will more often look outside and blame others. What I want to point out is that when you told me what makes an introvert an introvert and what makes an extrovert an extrovert, it didn't contradict anything I had said. The expression of feelings is also part of it, although many introverts are more prone to express their feelings than many extroverts are.

What my point was from the start of is that for a guy who has read everything from Jung to Keirsey to Nardi, I can say that people seem to lack knowledge on the subject and appeal to stereotypes which are not true, among other things. It's rather common. Annoying, too.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-17-2017 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bell Beaker ish
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    29/32 English, 2/32 Welsh, 1/32 Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1b4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,954
    Given: 11,022

3 Not allowed!

Indeed. Quite honestly at least from my perspective i find it hard to focus on people talking to me if my brain regards it as non-essential information. On the other hand when something as regard as essential or important information and it interests me, it is extremely difficult to remove my attention from it, and if i do manage to i usually end up in a period of what i could describe as social numbness, because that other thing (and it can just be one thing) will be the only thing i think about. Like in regards to short term things i can get into a good book and spend every second possible reading it, sometimes forgetting to eat or other essential things unless i have no other choice. Over a more longer timescale my attention seems to be focused usually on one or a small number of particular things for anywhere from a couple of weeks or so to a number of months. But instead of managing multiple interests over a long periods of time, it is rather that i will focus intensely on one thing, forsaking everything else unless it is absolutely neccessary. But then one day i can get up and i suddenly have no interest in it and may not touch it again for months. For example using like any subject - I could gorge my interest for it in every spare minute i have for a month or two and then it's just like a switch goes off somewhere, and you would have to physically force me to do it again, and i wouldn't be able to maintain any form of cohesion or interest for more than a couple of minutes.

Like as an example the last 5 days or so, apart from eating food (as quickly as possible and choosing 'easy' food), using the toilet and cleaning i have spent every waking moment investigating the current political situation, or posting about it on here and other forums. It's almost like a selective obsession, you get to the point where you exhaust all sources of information and so wait impatiently for the next bit to pop up. Probably in a week or so i will just lose interest completely as something else takes over, i don't know what though.

You don't really have much choice though, if i am not doing what my current obsession is then i get irritable, impatient and tend to be unable to think clearly both inside and outside social situations. It's almost like your brain is holding your body at gunpoint and telling you to do things you are really interested in and enjoy. It's great when you are doing it, but really uncomfortable when you aren't.

Sometimes i find you get short periods (maybe a day or less) where you are between obsessions and feel completely lost and hopeless. Like you start doing things and then stop just as you start, and can do this many times. Like you can go through many books or games or whatever and stop within a couple of minutes or before you even start reading the first page.

I'm pretty sure both extroverts and introverts have this but it's more pronounced in introverts.

Last Online
    03-08-2017 @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dinaric
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Conservative/Classical Liberal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,199
    Given: 1,401

0 Not allowed!

I'm a borderline case and have both introvert and extrovert traits. Can't say which is more dominant, it comes in phases I'd say.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information