View Poll Results: Should citizens have guns?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 76.92%
  • No

11 12.09%
  • Unsure

10 10.99%
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns: Should ordinary citizens have them?

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    From simple curiosity, why is that?
    Shotguns deal the most damage in close quarter contact.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2013 @ 12:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Anarcho-Stalinist Agrarian Commienazism ★♨☭卐
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawspeaker View Post
    You don't truly believe that our voting system isn't rigged, right ?
    Not as much as you think. Most people really do vote for mainstream parties. Is that really so hard to belive?
    Of course paranoia is common in 'survivalist gun fantasists'

And - you're wrong btw. The Maquis in France and the partisans in Eastern Europe gave the Nazi war machine a very hard time.
    would have been crushed if not for USSR Govt's Red Army and US govt's army together...

The Americans and French were kicked out of Vietnam by a bunch of farmers with AK47s.
    AK47s... and soviet anti tank missiles and soviet jets and soviet tanks and....

and they were on their own land they knew, fighting an invader, not in their on land trying to do an uprising, which tend to be crushed brutally if inferior in power, plus they don't have 'home advantage' and are found out more easily by govt. intel.

THEY already have guns!

Actually, the organised criminal element do, but the more ubiquitous (and more annoying from a social point of view) feral youth crime is more about knives and just general physical intimidation. These youngsters would not be able to buy guns and ammunition, obviously, and many would not be able to afford them anyway.

Too many get stabbed and harrassed by gangs of these animals, which would be a little harder if the respectable citizens had arms (or even just the added confidence that they provide).
    LOL you are so naieve.
    You are also right, organised criminals do, but they don't go about shooting innocents like psychos. That would bring law down onto their operations. Tony Soprano no want that!

you don't think feral youth would proliferate with guns? because they are unable to buy them and couldn't afford them?
    apply this to the feral US nigger gangs 'oh they are too poor and wouldn't be sold the guns'
    feral youth would be much more able to get guns, and they are exactly the person who should be least able to get guns. more irrational, macho, dangerous.
    Not to mention 'psycho nutter introverts' who might do a public massacare - can't normally get guns (no friends) but guns for sale = cha-ching

I don't know what the feral youth are like in 'MAMVCIVM' but I am sure if gun weapons were more common there they would be like: 'I say, I am terribly sorry Mr. Jeeves sir, I did not know you had a firearm. I will desist in my attempt to deprive you of your valuables'

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas
    I think you give the voting process today too much credit. And you don't give the militia movement enough credit. Militiamen generally aren't the couch-potato kind.
    I don't give the voting system any credit for 'real change' of the sytem. I guess that is too much for you still though?
    The system 'works' for most people, they live a life more comfortable than any generations in history in the USA. Why would they rebel or change it? the vote doesn't change the system because of that. When it breaks, like in economic crisis, then 'change' happens, sometimes even by vote. But not in a well-off country like the USA. Even if you don't like the system.

yes, in the long term it is fucked. But when did the crowd ever care for the 'long term'? it can't even see the long term (long term for them is what's on TV in 2 weeks )

Yes, good like to the handfulls of militiamen in destroying the US government, I will be cheering you on as you mow down US army and topple the president

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Troll's Puzzle View Post
    Not as much as you think. Most people really do vote for mainstream parties. Is that really so hard to belive?
    Of course paranoia is common in 'survivalist gun fantasists'
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

LOL you are so naieve.
    You might learn to spell your oh-so-crushing putdowns, Pet.
    You are also right, organised criminals do, but they don't go about shooting innocents like psychos. That would bring law down onto their operations. Tony Soprano no want that!
    I'm talking about the lower tier of 'organised crime'. Where I come from they DO occasionally shoot innocents. Look up the 'Yardies' or 'Moss Side'...
    I don't know what the feral youth are like in 'MAMVCIVM' but I am sure if gun weapons were more common there bla bla bla
    Mamucium, you charmingly ignorant person, is the Latin for Manchester. In recent years my city has earned itself the charming epithet GUNchester.

But you probably thought England is full of Sherlock Holmeses and Mary Poppinses...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-04-2013 @ 08:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Australian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22

0 Not allowed!

Guns should only be allowed for soldiers at war and farmers (for the purposes of dealing with livestock/pests).

By allowing gun licenses for ordinary people, a gun becomes necessary for everyone. Bloody ridiculous state of affairs.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Too much paranoia is definately a bad thing.

Just look over your consiracy threads. People end up not believeing any of that shit, because most of it is just that, shit that is so obviously absurd.

(now you say 'it's not absurd!!! you're brainwashed!!!!!!!! etc )

some of it is true, or sort of true. but most of the stuff 'conspiracy theorists' post?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

(now you say 'it's not absurd!!! you're brainwashed!!!!!!!! etc )
    Took the words right out of my mouth, hunny bunny..

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You might learn to spell your oh-so-crushing putdowns, Pet.
    oh no! my entire argument is defeated because i didn't spell right, and his brain can't work on my words now

I'm talking about the lower tier of 'organised crime'. Where I come from they DO occasionally shoot innocents. Look up the 'Yardies' or 'Moss Side'...

Mamucium, you charmingly ignorant person, is the Latin for Manchester. In recent years my city has earned itself the charming epithet GUNchester.

ah yes GUNchester, this is like Liffrea's being in notting ham and having a 'very high chance of being shot in the UK'
    wow you brits are so dangerous

but... gun deaths in the UK are almost 25x less than in the US, even going by smaller differential posted by ulf. (Going by stats I posted it was more, much more, over 70x )

twenty five times... who's people were safer by gun laws then? the UK victims of yardies? or the 25 times more people shot in the USA for every one of those?

But you probably thought England is full of Sherlock Holmeses and Mary Poppinses...
    It's not?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga's Spindle View Post
    A relaxed, rural environment? Honey, I live in a "relaxed rural environment" and you still have crime, and still want to have a gun on your bedside table. People are people no matter where you are in this world, urban and rural alike. It's not as common out in the sticks, but that's just because of the lower population density. Obviously you have some fanstasies of your own to wake up from.
    LOL - you completely don't understand what I said.

You even say yourself - 'it's not as common out in the sticks'....
    thankyou, I am proven right

Also - I was only saying guns are less dangerous in that kind of environment. Not that they shouldn't be there or there is no crime at all (lol) or you won't have use for one.
    Only that it's less gun-dangerous than a modern city. Cities always have higher crime, more shootings, etc. Not jsut because of gun laws. I thought this was known by everyone.

This is a correlating factor, and not a symptom. Just because I own a gun does not mean that the gun is going to cause me bad luck like an evil charm and attract gun crime to me because of some taint.
    didn't say it was a bad luck charm. or that it's doom, or someone can't use a gun to save their lives, more than once, and live a long and happy life. It's possible.

But, you are right about correlating factors. after all you read this study which really does say people with guns = more likely to be shot.

of course the omniscient all wise lawspeaker knows this research in a professional medical journal was just 'propaganda', without even reading the full text. No bias on his part either, obviosuly

Gun crime happens, and everyone blames guns instead of the idiot who pulled the trigger. It's just like saying that because people who die of heart disease must have died from high cholesterol because hot diggity dog, they've got lots of cholesterol in their blood, and in these constricted blood vessels here!! When, the high cholesterol is not the culprit, it's a sign of the condition. Oh, there's guns in the society, blame the guns for the gun crime!
    I never understood this argument. Is it better for these nutters, the 'most violenet ever' underclass says oswiu, to have more guns or jsut knives and blunt weapons? not hard to think about here.
    why not then have m4's and tanks to the public as well? we can appear on TV after the devestation and say 'tanks don't kill people, people kill people'

Please don't tell us how to think. And go ahead and hop on down from your soap box, it's really not neccessary.

And don't lump everyone into the same pile. Just because I want to be able to defend myself doesn't mean that I'm a nutjob just waiting for some sob story about the evil government wanting to take away our liberties in order to take up arms! I want the right to defend myself from that nasty rapist that trying to crawl through my window. I wish to defend against the plausible, and what I just theorized on is much more likely to happen in my lifetime.
    fine. I already said I can understand wanting to 'protecting against the nasty rapist'. I already said that's not the same as the 'nutjobs...' bit. Did you comprehend ? (I know you must have, but it seems you wanted to talk anyway )

Now as far as militias go, I support a citizen's militia. It was the militias that won the Revolvutionary War
    yes today's world is really the same as that isn't it?
    muskets firing at a range of yards
    why not mention peasant revolts in medievel europe too. Militias were good then as well

not anymore

It is America's historical right to be able to bear arms, and the Founding Fathers placed that in the Bill of Rights because it was because of their taking up of arms that they won their country. It has been ingrained in our cultural psyche for over 200 years. You really don't get our love of our freedoms, since you were never raised with that assurance in your rights, and that point of pride. It's part of being American, that note of pride in our history. We should continue that tradition, as we may never know if they will be needed.
    yes, I know.
    semper fi

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth, hunny bunny..
    So predictable :

It's like I read your mind. Hey, do you have checked for any neurotransmitters around your house lately? I've worked for government before, you know

also try this: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information