View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NOT Albanian or Greek and I think there is a significant difference.

11 26.83%
  • I am NOT Albanian or Greek and I think they don't look that different.

7 17.07%
  • I am Greek and I think Albanians look different than us.

5 12.20%
  • I am Greek and I think Albanians look like us most of the time.

0 0%
  • I am Albanian and I think Greeks look different than us.

16 39.02%
  • I am Albanian and I think most Greeks look not too different than us.

2 4.88%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How different do Albanians and Greeks look?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 07:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lost Aryans
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Ancestry
    Steppe.
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Alberta
    Politics
    Honorable Extreme Right Wing
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,910

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Dusan View Post
    I don't know what that means. I'm a Serbian, and on 23andMe it shows just 3% on standard estimate for "Eastern European" and 2% for "Northern European" (which jumps to 20% and 10% respectively on speculative estimate). And I'm a slav so what does that amount to for slavic blood?
    I think you are pretty much a pure pale balkaner.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-14-2017 @ 04:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Kosovan-Albanian
    Ancestry
    Kosovo
    Country
    Kosovo
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 404
    Given: 900

0 Not allowed!

I don't think we look like Greeks in general... Arvanites yes.

Last Online
    04-06-2022 @ 04:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,989
    Given: 3,806

3 Not allowed!

Lol at twistedmind voting: "I am Albanian and I think most Greeks look not too different than us."

Twisted I know you wish to be an Albo but certain changes have to be made first

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Albanians ave poured into greece, just a fact. It's just less noticable in the larger population areas.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Kosovan-Albanian
    Ancestry
    Kosovo
    Country
    Kosovo
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    Albanians ave poured into greece, just a fact. It's just less noticable in the larger population areas.
    Some of those Albanians in Greece are actually native to Greece, such as the chams.

Last Online
    10-13-2013 @ 01:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Ethnicity
    Vogon
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Unprogressive
    Politics
    Statism and bureaucracy
    Religion
    The State - God Walking on Earth
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 360

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_Dusan View Post
    I don't know what that means. I'm a Serbian, and on 23andMe it shows just 3% on standard estimate for "Eastern European" and 2% for "Northern European" (which jumps to 20% and 10% respectively on speculative estimate). And I'm a slav so what does that amount to for slavic blood?
    I think he's talking about Y-DNA. Y-DNA and autosomal DNA are two different things. If we go by Y-DNA, Tosks do indeed have much higher rates of paternal lines that are commonly associated with South Slavs (I2a1b) and Slavs (R1a) in general. I don't think there is any such data on autosomal DNA scores.

With that aside, Albanians and Greeks look different. And as a rule Greeks look different from all other Balkanoids. Going by apperance, Albanians resemble northern Greeks, Montenegrins/southern Serbs and Bosnians and Herzegovinians the most. I've been to Greece and most of these places, so it's not like I'm just making speculative claims.

gone
    Last Online
    12-31-2013 @ 09:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    The Greatest Race Ever
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Religion
    Ultra Orthodox
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 86

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kastrioti1443 View Post
    el22,

You are wrong in that because lushnjars together with fieraks have a significant vlachic blood that has afected their phenotypes and pigmentation( there are famous vlachic settlements in Fier and Lushnja), adding here the gypsies that are there plus the roman blood.... while labs are pure epirotans with no latin infusion.

Fortunately we have genetics today that can confirm the mixing of populations and ghegs have only 7-8 % slavic blood ( at least the ones of northern albania, kosova and montenegro) while tosks have double the amount. Ghegs are the purest paleo balkaners.
    I've seen some pictures of Ghegs here that look more slavic than the average Russian (and some look like depigmented africans: lips, eyes area, cheeks). You hardly find that look among Tosks. And those (how many, 100 samples?) are insufficient to derive any conclusions, because the people who do these tests are not picked at random over the whole territory. Lushnjaret, for example, are somewhat lighter than Labs and prettier too; there are more swarthier or mixed people in south than in Myzeqe.
    I wish I was born Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas replying to "nordic" Solin View Post
    You are still thieves, nothing can change that. Also, if we ask of copyrights for using our civilization, you must give us all of your money and return back in caves from were you came out as well. You owe us much more than we owe to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas View Post
    others the perfection of the ancient Greek language that activate unexplored areas of the brain

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Kosovan-Albanian
    Ancestry
    Kosovo
    Country
    Kosovo
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vogon Poet View Post
    I think he's talking about Y-DNA. Y-DNA and autosomal DNA are two different things. If we go by Y-DNA, Tosks do indeed have much higher rates of paternal lines that are commonly associated with South Slavs (I2a1b) and Slavs (R1a) in general. I don't think there is any such data on autosomal DNA scores.

With that aside, Albanians and Greeks look different. And as a rule Greeks look different from all other Balkanoids. Going by apperance, Albanians resemble northern Greeks, Montenegrins/southern Serbs and Bosnians and Herzegovinians the most. I've been to Greece and most of these places, so it's not like I'm just making speculative claims.
    I think we Albanians out of all the Balkan countries we look closer to Montenegrins, and Croatians from south Dalmatia then any other nation around us, except that Croatians from South Dalmatia are lighter then us.

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by el22 View Post
    I've seen some pictures of Ghegs here that look more slavic than the average Russian (and some look like depigmented africans: lips, eyes area, cheeks). You hardly find that look among Tosks. And those (how many, 100 samples?) are insufficient to derive any conclusions, because the people who do these tests are not picked at random over the whole territory. Lushnjaret, for example, are somewhat lighter than Labs and prettier too; there are more swarthier or mixed people in south than in Myzeqe.
    Yet Slavs are able to distinguish us from them

So I guess we must be depigmentet Niggers(I always knew this inside me).

Banned
    Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 07:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lost Aryans
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Ancestry
    Steppe.
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Alberta
    Politics
    Honorable Extreme Right Wing
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,910

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by el22 View Post

Mate unlike you, i have been in all albania ( in 200 villages to be more specific), and i know the differences pretty well among ethnic albanians. Labs are far lighter than myzeqars who are considered the shortest and the most swarthier ethnic albanians ( for 2 main reasons, vlachis settlers there and roman blood, myzeqe itself is a roman name). While labs are far taller and lighter and more northern in phenotypes, there are for example tens of lab families who are all golden blond and light blu eyed.

As for ghegs.... there are atypical individuals everywhere, albanian mountains are not an isolated island, but these uber '' slavic'' ghegs do not exist, because to be uber slavic you need to be heavy baltid influenced, and baltid influenced ghegs I have never seen. And about those '' depigmented '' africans, maybe some old badly treated and sunburned gheg farmers might look like that...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information