Scotland
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Default Queen 'appalled' at Church of England moves, claim Vatican moles

When Pope Benedict visits this country next year, he is expected to stay at Buckingham Palace as a guest of the Queen. The warmth of her welcome will come as no surprise to the Pontiff, if senior sources at the Vatican are to be believed.
    SOURCE

Oh dear God.. Vatican moles ! I guess those Jesuits are at it again !

On a more serious note, what do my Protestant cousins loyal to ol' Lizzie feel about this news? I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt of course, but I wouldn't be suprised if there isn't a grain of truth in there.

Regards,
    Eóin.
    [Signature Pending]

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Dr Michael Nazir-Ali, called on homosexuals to repent. He said the Church of England must stick to the Biblical teaching that marriage should only be between a man and a woman.
    Totally in Agreement with this. Where in the Bible does it say that a man can have intercourse with another man? Wasn't this one of the factors that led to the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah?

A little something people in Europe should take into consideration, which is probably in worse shape than the U.S, but no less innocent of such things..

in The Catholic Herald, the Queen has "grown increasingly sympathetic" to the Catholic Church over the years while being "appalled", along with the Prince of Wales, at developments in the Church of England.
    I don't understand this too much. Can you elaborate on this?
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Well, I know a Church of England clergyman who prefers to read 'The Tablet' to the 'Church Times'.

Last Online
    02-27-2012 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    I don't understand this too much. Can you elaborate on this?
    Well, the Catholic Church has stayed firm and loyal to Christian truth on questions like the immorality of homosexuality, whereas many protestants in Europe are simply puppies of the times, and accept homosexuality as
    acceptable and even have homosexual clergy.

Though it isn't a surprise; the protestant reformation itself was instigated by secular interests, and ever since the protestant reformation, church matters have been dominated and trumphed by temporal rulers to the disgrace today that the Danish parliament decides church policy (they introduced female priests this way) for the Danish Lutheran church; whereas the Catholic Church maintains a very high degree of selfruling in its ecclesiastical hierarchy.
    A man who fights for a cause thereby affirms the cause of the fight.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lutiferre View Post
    whereas many protestants in Europe are simply puppies of the times, and accept homosexuality as
    That's simply all it is. It's has never been accepted protestant doctrine to accept sexual immorality within the church, anywhere. Both Protestant Christians and Roman Christians have been under assault and infiltrated for the past several decades by satanic elements of this earth. Christianity is their ultimate enemy and their ultimate threat, so it must be destroyed. And the best way to do that is to destroy it from the inside out.
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's simply all it is. It's has never been accepted protestant doctrine to accept sexual immorality within the church, anywhere.
    Of course not. But the emergence of protestantism itself in secular and temporal rulers and protestantisms rejection of a strong Church structure capable of self-governing, makes it historically logical what has happened in modern times.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Well, the Catholic Church has stayed firm and loyal to Christian truth on questions like the immorality of homosexuality, whereas many protestants in Europe are simply puppies of the times, and accept homosexuality as
    Erm, both the Catholic and the Protestant church have homosexual clergy - the differences being is that Protestants are much more open about it, whereas it's more cloak and dagger within the catholic church. To say that it doesn't go on within the catholic church is nonsense.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
    Erm, both the Catholic and the Protestant church have homosexual clergy - the differences being is that Protestants are much more open about it, whereas it's more cloak and dagger within the catholic church. To say that it doesn't go on within the catholic church is nonsense.
    That's not my point. I was talking about priests living lifestyles radically incompatible with traditional Christianity - homosexual being an example. Whether one lives such a lifestyle depends on whether one considers it acceptable for a Christian, which obviously mainstream Protestants here nowadays consider almost anything acceptable.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Of course not. But the emergence of protestantism itself in secular and temporal rulers and protestantisms rejection of a strong Church structure capable of self-governing, makes it historically logical what has happened in modern times.
    I don't want to really discuss that to be honest with you because it will go on and on and on without end until it gets personal and I don't want to get personal with a fellow Christian. I have chosen a faith that I believe is correct, and true, and consistent with the Bible. Christians shouldn't be fighting other Christians over what they think is right and what they think is wrong about their beliefs, instead, working together towards a better and brighter future for our Children built upon sound moral values and love.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't want to really discuss that to be honest with you because it will go on and on and on without end until it gets personal and I don't want to get personal with a fellow Christian. I have chosen a faith that I believe is correct, and true, and consistent with the Bible. Christians shouldn't be fighting other Christians over what they think is right and what they think is wrong about their beliefs, instead, working together towards a better and brighter future for our Children built upon sound moral values and love.
    There isn't much to discuss either, since it's simply historical fact.

I wasn't trying to start a debate about, just mentioned it because of it's relevance to history in modern times.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information