From PAFOA

I wanted to write an article to inform anybody who is deluded about Britain now being the land of milk of honey since the 1997 gun ban.

For all those who don't know me, my name is Dan but I go under the pseudonym of buster2209. I'm an English guy who moved to PA several months ago as my wife is American.

I didn't have much experience with firearms until I joined the British Army in 2000 and have been an avid gun enthusiast ever since. I also have combat experience as I served in Iraq in 2003.

For all those people who don't know, the 1997 gun ban came into effect largely because of the public outrage at the 1996 Dunblane Massacre which was, essentially, some nutjob blowing a load of little kids away. After this tragic event, the government propaganda machine went into overdrive with adverts such as;

[YOUTUBE]KnVkHHLbb9Y[/YOUTUBE] and [YOUTUBE]M7jr0S1frWM[/YOUTUBE]

So, like good little subjects of the crown, we handed our guns in and here we are 12 years later. So, is Britain a safer place?

In a word, no.

The home office, (the British government department responsible for immigration control, security and order - the Brit version of DHS) has a vested interest in having statistics that show gun crime is going down in order to keep the public happy in the knowledge that gun control is working. There latest figures actually show gun crime is UP 4%.

There's also articles, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Please note that these articles span over 7 years.

But anybody can find out this stuff via the internet, but what it is really like in Britain?

From my own personal view, the police are armed more than ever. It is now common place to see police officers with guns as opposed to pre-1997. Why would the cops have more guns if making the private ownership of firearms illegal actually reduces gun crime?

<-- Today and Pre-1997 -->

So, I think I have safely established that gun crime has risen since the gun ban came into effect in 1997. It is asinine to think that banning the legal ownership of firearms will prevent the illegal possession of firearms.

But that isn't the end of the story. After the gun ban, there was a vacuum left in the choice of murder weapons so something had to fill it and the trusty old knife did.

Since the gun ban, the government have been introducing even stricter knife control laws as people are now being stabbed instead of shot.

The last figures released by the government show that knife crime is at it's highest in 3 decades!!

See, here, here, and especially here.

If you read the article here, you will see that David Cameron (a high chance he will be the next Prime Minister of Britain) states;
Quote:
"...that people caught carrying a knife without a reasonable excuse should expect to go to jail.

In an interview with the Sun, Cameron said the current policy, which involves an automatic presumption that people carrying knives will be prosecuted, did not go far enough".
So there you have it, since the British gun ban came into effect, gun crime is up, knife crime has gone through the roof, and the average person can't do squat to protect themselves or the people they love.

The next logical stab is that the British Government bans all knives except anti-stab knives.

An 'anti-stab' knife

Remember;

"When the government fears you, you are a citizen. When you fear the government, you are a subject".
The personal ownership of firearms is a major firewall between being a citizen or being a subject.