Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,084
    Given: 223

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios Chiotis View Post
    good one. please spare us your high school history lesson. I can also just post what my grandmother taught me, but it wouldnt add much to the conversation.
    Please enlighten me on the ocassion of Turkish attack on Turkey, post - independence
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
    Really? Then why you brought up the ''Oh~ You started the Greco-Turkish war'' shit?

We were talking about destruction to the land. And Germany was far more destroyed than Greece.

So much you know. The first Balkan wars, was Greece,Serbia and Bulgaria AGAINST the occupier, aka Ottomans. See : liberation
    The 2nd Balkan wars was because of Bulgaria.
    You don't know even the basics?
    I know quite a lot. The problem is it doesnt go well with your interpretations. First Balkan war is a land grab between independent post ottoman countries. And second one was there because the land was "unjustly divided"
    A source about the working battalions in Pontus, of Turks, if you mind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sarikamish
    And many other battles
    So Bosnia's problem isn't how incapable you are but the war? That's new, it only applies to Greeks, it seems.
    Its hard to run a country when all 3 presidents of the country have to agree.

There is a list of wars I mentioned,but you stuck up in the one of the asslicking country of yours, aka Turkey.
    Actualy I am just looking neutraly at the situation. My European heritage and Islamic religion enable me to do that. Unlike you.
    No, you are confused. The Byzantine empire there is a reason that is considered a DIFFERENT empire than the Roman one.
    If this was the case, historians would talk about one damn long Roman empire, where a part of it just died, just after the split.
    But it wasn't one damn long empire.
    The orientation, the culture, the language, the area, everything was different from the Roman empire , and there is a reason for this.
    It wasn't called also Imperium Graecorum for fun.
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petros Houhoulis View Post
    Well, this was exactly the problem with the Greeks before the population exchanges in the early 20th century bozohead. Large portions of Epirus, Macedonia, Thrace, the Aegean coastline of modern Turkey and Pontus were full of Greeks who had to choose between "fight, convert or die". This practically ended with the population exchanges between Greece and Bulgarian (treaty of Neuilly-sur-Seine) and between Greece and Turkey (Treaty of Lausanne)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populat...ece_and_Turkey

http://books.google.gr/books?id=RS_H...change&f=false

~100.000 Bulgarians fled Greece and ~50.000 Greeks fled Bulgaria because of the treaty of Neuilly-sur-Seine.

It was not exactly a "Greedy run" as long as large and compact populations of Greeks lived in Macedonia and Thrace and even within Bulgaria itself... Although exact statistics by ethnicity do not exist, the statistics by religion are quite revealing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...atistical_data

Do you get it gook? We were hundreds of thousands of Greeks in Macedonia. We were under unjust Ottoman rule. Get that into your shitty head!

Of course, liberation was something important for us, because it allowed us to advance past the Ottoman empire and Turkey. For you, the perennial Ottoman slaves and occasional cannon fodder of the Ottoman army, it was a disaster. Nevertheless, you little shit shall eventually receive your punishment for being Muslims arselickers.

Spot the garbage:

Yeah, that's YOU!!! Yeah, taking it in the arse from the Serbs was probably the best thing that could possibly happen to you, but it didn't. Thank Alija for your misery now...
    Someone is butthurt arent you?47% Muslims of Macedonia... where are they? What hapened to them? Or will you skip over that?
    I see how you advanced, still running all "medieval style".
    Dont worry, I am a free man and freedom is more valuable than money. But not for you aparently.
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, the Balkans turned backwater after the Slavic and other invasions during the Middle Ages. Still, some places like Thessaloniki, Ragusa and even my native Serres maintained a high level of culture. Just because Bosnia was the butthole of the Balkans for the 200% of Balkan history insofar, it does not mean that the rest of the Balkans were the same...
    It is YOU who invited and brought the slavs here. Your fault for turning it into a shithole.
    Ragusa mantained its specialness because it retained its dalmato-latin culture and language.

And as far as history goes, something can only be 100% something. Learn the bloody math
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, when people get too civilized they find others to play cannon fodder for them. I am surprised that you mentioned the "Norsemen" and forgot your own people who played cannon fodder during the most of their history for some more advanced people. Don't forget that the Illyrians composed a sizeable portion of the Roman army and gave many of it's emperors too (Justinian e.t.c.) but those came from the more civilized parts of Illyria. You in Bosnia were only worth to be cannon fodder.This is what happens when Atheism and Hellenism are banned.In WWI Greece avoided to fight until 1917 even though the Bulgarians had occupied large swathes of Greek territory in Macedonia since 1914-15. Don't tell us how to evade war, Greece and Turkey came to the brink of war three times during the last 40 years, but you fucked up Yugoslavia in the first chance, and yes, you could simply demand from Alija to put his pants down, take it in the arse from the Serbs and evade war, but you didn't. If you did you would be almost inside the E.U. by now, like Croatia, but instead you shall keep taking it in the arse from the Serbs in eternity...Actually we suffered much more than the Germans and almost as much as the Soviets, plus we had a Civil war after WWII courtesy of the Communists who thought that the Soviet Union would back them up when it explicitly told them that it wouldn't.Nearly everybody in the neighborhood is "warmongering", except from us and a few others who have avoided war since WWII. You were killing each other in Yugoslavia, the Turks are killing the Kurds and burning their villages all the time...Turkey never stopped killing people, Greece has stopped killing people long ago. Turkey threatened Greece with war if Greece was to apply international law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegean_...itorial_waters

Who is the warmongering?
    Finally you grasped it: While there were Greeks under Ottoman oppression, we had to save them. If there are no more, we have no reason to fight... We only defend our rights under international law nowadays...
    I see how advanced you were when your empire got sacked by a bunch of crusaders and then defeated by a turkish warlord originaly owning 3 vilages.

Well, too bad for you, we dont attack but we wont give up our land and religion.

How-yes-no, greeks suffered in WW2 LOL

And I can only imagine how you care about Kurds
    I can only imagine XD
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Turkey, which is a compact state, is still no better than the average Balkan state. The fact that Turkey is better than Bosnia has more to do with the fact that Bosnia was always the shithole of the Balkans. From our perspective, being outside of the Ottoman world was a positive development.
    I see, explain to me why is Anatolia who was ruled by Ottomans for longer in better shape than Turkey
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Neither the Hungarians nor the Eastern Romans were bad for anybody, they didn't turn the killing of innocent civilians into a sport and they are not famous for their genocides.Neither Greece and much of the Balkans had wars for centuries under Roman and East Roman occupation. Why would you prefer the Ottomans over the Romans or the East Romans? Just because they were stupid Muslims like you are?Actually, there was relative peace before you Slavic people arrived in the Balkans, but you wouldn't know it because you were not in here...

The East Romans were slowly declining, but they never turned savages like the Ottomans or the Crusaders. Get used to it.
    Butthurt, really butthurt you are
    Hi everyone!

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bosnia is in its' current state because the international community did not learn from its' past mistakes. Is the Yankees and especially the Germans were grown up, they would not rush to recognize the independence of the former Yugoslav states but demand to have a plebiscite all over Yugoslavia where people would be asked in which country they wished to live and settle whatever problem with population exchanges BEFORE a war and not afterwards.

Of course when some day the Europeans shall burn the Jihadists of Bosnia and much of Bosnia itself to the ground, it would be because Alija achieved his dream of "strengthening his ties" with the Islamic world even before the collapse of Yugoslavia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alija_I...t_and_activist

Congratulations Alija, you screwed Bosnia in the arse. Now you Bosnians should seek for friends only in the Muslim world... Europe won't give a shit if you get blown up...
    Butthurt
    Hi everyone!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

We were talking about destruction to the land. And Germany was far more destroyed than Greece.
    We were talking about economic destruction, and no it isn't the same. [quote]
    I know quite a lot. The problem is it doesnt go well with your interpretations. First Balkan war is a land grab between independent post ottoman countries. And second one was there because the land was "unjustly divided"[quote]
    It was to liberate themselves from the opressor. Unless, and I say it again, the Bosnian war was to grab land between post Yugoslavian times.
    Dafuq is that shit? Are you stoned?
    I want a source that Turks were sent to working camps to starved to death.
    Not source of Turks dying because they engaged in a war with Russians
    Its hard to run a country when all 3 presidents of the country have to agree.
    And its hard to ran a country after 6 wars and 1 junta (2, if we include Metaxas), all in less than 70 years, but whatever.
    Actualy I am just looking neutraly at the situation. My European heritage and Islamic religion enable me to do that. Unlike you.
    If you are neutral then I m Angelina Jolie. Together with her 6 kids
    There is nothing neutral in you . LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Queen B;1827510]We were talking about economic destruction, and no it isn't the same. [quote]
    I know quite a lot. The problem is it doesnt go well with your interpretations. First Balkan war is a land grab between independent post ottoman countries. And second one was there because the land was "unjustly divided"
    It was to liberate themselves from the opressor. Unless, and I say it again, the Bosnian war was to grab land between post Yugoslavian times.

Dafuq is that shit? Are you stoned?
    I want a source that Turks were sent to working camps to starved to death.
    Not source of Turks dying because they engaged in a war with Russians

And its hard to ran a country after 6 wars and 1 junta (2, if we include Metaxas), all in less than 70 years, but whatever.

If you are neutral then I m Angelina Jolie. Together with her 6 kids
    There is nothing neutral in you . LOL
    If it was liberation it would be macedonians rising up and you would be suporting them. It was a land grab, you can glorify it as you want.

No one was sent to camps to starve to death, provide me the sources
    Hi everyone!

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information