Luke Reilly of Otherkin performing in Ireland. The band have called out men who harass women at gigs, saying it has no place in live music

Members of an Irish rock band have called for sexual harassment to be stamped out of live music after a fan was left in tears when she was groped in the most pit at their concert in Camden, North London.

Otherkin took to Twitter after the gig to lend their support to #safegigsforwomen, after seeing their fan distressed and worried she was ruining their night by mentioning the incident.

Describing it as 'f***** heartbreaking in a strongly worded statement, Luke, Conor, David and Rob said that people should never take advantage of the crowded environment of a mosh pit 'to force yourself upon someone trying to enjoy themself'.

They advised the individual to 'f*** back to the basement you came from' and asked other female fans to always alert them to such behaviour.

The band released a strongly worded statement saying that there's never any excuse for a man to try to force himself on a woman in the mosh pit

The statement won praise from Twitter fans who have liked the post 1,600 times.

'Sad this needs to be done, but thanks for taking a stand,' one wrote, while a female fan thanked the boys for 'standing up for us'.

In August this year, Sam Carter of the British band Architects stopped the show at the Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands to berate a man who he'd spotted groping a woman's breast.

'I'm not going to f***ing point the piece of s*** out who did it, but I saw you f***ing grab at her boob, I saw it and it's f***ing disgusting and there is no f***ing place for that s***,' he said in a strongly-worded rant.

'It is not your f***ing body, it is NOT your f***ing body, and you do not f***ing grab at someone. Not at my f***ing show.'

And earlier this months university students cheered as rapper Loyle Carner demanded that a fan be removed from a gig in Norwich for shouting sexist slurs at his female support act.

The Mercury Prize-shortlisted artist was performing at the Nick Rayns LCR at the University of East Anglia when he stopped after his first song to tell a male audience member to leave.

The man is said to have shouted from the crowd 'you have big t**s', during a set by Elisa & Srigala ahead of Carner's performance.

Camera phone footage filmed by fans captured the 22-year-old rapper addressing the culprit over the microphone, saying: 'I'm sorry man, but you've got to learn a lesson my young man.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz4xAfcGpby