PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Swimsuit in Europe and Burkini - Page 6

View Poll Results: Classical swimsuit or Burkini in Europe ?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burkini, women should cover totally their bodies even if they are not muslim.

1 5.00%
  • Decent covering with feminine clothes is enough, muslim should not force european women to wear Burkini.

7 35.00%
  • Classical swimsuit and bikinis, women should show their bodies !

10 50.00%
  • None.

2 10.00%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Swimsuit in Europe and Burkini

Last Online
    04-08-2017 @ 10:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 966
    Given: 452

1 Not allowed!

I don't understand women who wear pareos and kimonos to the beach...it would be too hot for me I think a bikini or a one-piece swimsuit is modest enough. For me personally I draw the line at toplessness - meaning that's something I myself wouldn't feel comfortable doing on a public beach.

As for burkini, I think the most hardcore Muslim women wouldn't "undress" in that fashion at all (or go to the beach). I wouldn't wear it nor like it to be a trend but I think it's good that they at least get out and enjoy life like regular citizens and aren't just walled up at home.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-28-2018 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Samhället
    Country
    Sweden
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 572

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    You are Albanian, that's your ethnicity. Welcome to the real world.
    In the real world I'd be able to sue you for racism and receive financial compensation. If you'd said that in Sweden Swedes would rally to support me, not you.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bari View Post
    In the real world I'd be able to sue you for racism and receive financial compensation. If you'd said that in Sweden Swedes would rally to support me, not you.
    Of course, that's because of the people in power in Sweden and the current climate being such there. Doesn't have to stay like that forever, though. And I'm not a Swedish citizen, so I can say the truth to you without fear of getting extorted as you described.

The reason you believe what you believe is because you're an immigrant, nothing else. You're culturally foreign. A sane response would be to call you out on it if you're too arrogant about it. This is how it happens in the majority of countries worldwide.
    Last edited by Dandelion; 02-22-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-01-2022 @ 08:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,458
    Given: 6,396

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Of course, that's because of the people in power in Sweden and the current climate being such there. Doesn't have to stay like that forever, though. And I'm not a Swedish citizen, so I can say the truth to you without fear of getting extorted as you described.

The reason you believe what you believe is because you're an immigrant, nothing else. You're culturally foreign. A sane response would be to call your out on it if you're too arrogant about it. This is how it happens in the majority of countries worldwide.
    I should add yesterday 3 riots led by immigrants happened in Sweden near to Stockholm just after the Prime Minister said there is NO PROBLEM with immigration in Sweden

If you are nearly naked you are inviting comments, so you can't complain. Its playing with fire as its completely natural to be aroused by it. Westerners are in such denial about the nature of man.

The burkini doesn't do much good as its too tight fitting. The beach isn't really a good place for Muslims to be unless there is a dress code being followed there according to proper Islamic laws. The burkini is haraam also.

Scholars mentioned the description of the woman's dress that it should be long, thick, not transparent, baggy, not tight or showing the details of the body. The burkini swimsuit shows the details of the woman's body and when she swims and the suit becomes wet, it shows the body details more. Therefore, it is not permissible for the woman to wear this type of clothes before her Mahram relatives, let alone non-Mahram men. The sin is further aggravated and the prohibition is emphasized when a woman wears the burkini on public beaches.
    Only in a dream world can women run around naked and not get stared at. If you dress provocative you will get stares, I think what you don't appreciate is that some who stare are not the ones you want attention from. But thats too bad because nature of man is what it is. Its only wishful thinking that revealing clothing will not attract stares and arousal. Its completely natural.

Time to wipe away the crocodile tears.
    Don't agree with you because if I'm "nearly naked" for all my life in France I've never been annoyed by french people like this. The only pervs to annoy women on beaches and swimming pool here and behave like familiar savages are arabs, I'm sorry to point it out. I don't mean they are all like this but your post suggest that is it quite normal to be bothered if wearing a swimming suit on beach. Maybe it is for your culture and your people but here it has never been normal and Norman men behave and are respectful towards women. They don't stare at undress bodies on beaches because they get used to respect this habit since they are children and there is no problem with that here.

If arabs and muslims are not able to be this is not the fault of women. Don't reverse things because it worked like this here for a century and it is changing now because of non wanted people on our ground. If I'm moving in another country I would respect customs in there. For example Germans are very open minded and respectful about body appearance of others. They can swim half naked they would not give a shit if someone is looking or not. I would not come in their beaches to insult them and their women, never. I would not go naked neither but they are AT HOME and they do WHAT THEY WANT. It is not from strangers to make the laws in the welcoming country. If you don't like it just GO AWAY.

I guess our point of view about society and our worlds are too different to be compatible. This is why people should think twice about immigration and who you allow to enter. American way of controling immigration is better than french one for this. Some cultures and peoples just can't get along together because chock between them is socially too important.
    Last edited by Ilma; 02-23-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

1 Not allowed!

Only in a dream world can women run around naked and not get stared at. If you dress provocative you will get stares, I think what you don't appreciate is that some who stare are not the ones you want attention from. But thats too bad because nature of man is what it is. Its only wishful thinking that revealing clothing will not attract stares and arousal. Its completely natural.

Time to wipe away the crocodile tears.
    what u think is wrong then. i don't need anyone's appreciation cose i know my value already. i don't need confirmation from meaningless people. the attention i need is from one person only...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

Europe needs to decide what it wants to be. You seem to want to be three things simultaneously: a free society (in this case, freedom of dress), a European one, and one that takes in anyone and everyone. The three cannot coexist. You must either choose to ban burkinis (i.e. be European, but limit Moslems' freedom), allow them (but give up your identity), or limit immigration.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 998
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Europe needs to decide what it wants to be. You seem to want to be three things simultaneously: a free society (in this case, freedom of dress), a European one, and one that takes in anyone and everyone. The three cannot coexist. You must either choose to ban burkinis (i.e. be European, but limit Moslems' freedom), allow them (but give up your identity), or limit immigration.
    What about Christian ladies wanting to wear clothes like Burqa, Burkini ? They should forbid them too?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adsız View Post
    What about Christian ladies wanting to wear clothes like Burqa, Burkini ? They should forbid them too?
    I've never known a Christian who wore burkinis - very conservative swimsuits, sure, but not burkinis. Even so, such people are an infinitesimal minority, even in America. I'm sure they're practically nonexistent in Europe. Regardless, a few Europeans with quirky fashion preferences aren't comparable to an avalanche of foreigners.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,956
    Given: 11,667

0 Not allowed!

I've never known a Christian who wore burkinis - very conservative swimsuits, sure, but not burkinis. Even so, such people are an infinitesimal minority, even in America. I'm sure they're practically nonexistent in Europe. Regardless, a few Europeans with quirky fashion preferences aren't comparable to an avalanche of foreigners.
    There is just one such member here. One. Lives in Sweden and is an ethnic Russian. She's not that conservative at all though.

By banning the burkini the few christian women choosing to wear it (virtually none) should just suck it up and deal with it.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 998
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

You did not answer to my question.

What if a christian lady wants to wear Burqa? Should she be forbidden to wear it in public or free ?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information