Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turks are coming back on Balkan: Americans to handover large military base on Kosovo to Turkey

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    10-08-2013 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Turks are coming back on Balkan: Americans to handover large military base on Kosovo to Turkey

Turkey could, as part of their return to Balkan, enter American military base near Uroševac "Camp Bondsteel" which US forces are soon to depart, learns "Frankfurt news" referring to diplomatic sources.

It's about the biggest American military base built outside of US after Vietnam war.
    Departure from the base near Uroševac was announced in late March by American ambassador in Priština Christoffer Dell because of excessive finacial expenses and that caused real confusion among Serbian military theorists and analists in regard to the announcement that the base could be inherited precisely by the Turks.

Ninoslav Krstić, former commander of joint forces of security says that such scenario cannot possibly be in Serbias advantage.

"arrival of new occupants from the east would be bad for Serbia. Ankara with this base gains direct territorial link with Sandzak via Kosovo which is a road of green transversal all the way to Sarajevo" fears Krstic.

Turkey is, as he says, an American ally and that link is maybe even stronger than with EU which Turks are for years attempting to join, without success, so they even got to be known as "eternal candidates".

"America is including Turkey in this area, no longer interesting for them. Turkish interest in return is spreading onto European continent, where many Turks live, primarily in Germany and France. Russia has nothing against, considering their good relations with Ankara." Explains Krstić.

Former director of Military-security agency also fears arrival of Turkish armed forces on Kosovo.

"balkan is compensation to Turkey for German opposition to this state joining the EU. I think it is realistic that, at least within the NATO frame, Turkish contingent arrives especially as negotiations between Priština and Belgrade are nearing their end, and that is not good".
    Translated from
    http://www.dnevnik.ba/novosti/svijet...bazu-na-kosovu
    And published in all major newspapers in Bosnia, Serbia etc.

Soo, Turks misbehave towards Israel but still in return they might gain a free foothold on the Balkan they were looking for, for their neo-Ottoman plans! As I've previously said they are forgiven, because they are needed by those in control of America.
    Jews might have had squabbles with Turks recently but when it comes to working against Europe they sing the same tune.

Turks already have a contingent of 479 soldiers on Kosovo, but if this is correct it could rise dramatically.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Typical. America selling Europe to the Turks. It's almost like it was planned all along.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2015 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Neo-European
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

0 Not allowed!

Garbage.

I don't believe it's even possible for the U.S. to sell the base to Turkey. The property would devolve either to general NATO administration, if it remains open, or if it is closed it will go to the control of the Republic of Kosovo, in which case Serbia will dispute it.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroAmerican View Post
    Garbage.

I don't believe it's even possible for the U.S. to sell the base to Turkey. The property would devolve either to general NATO administration, if it remains open, or if it is closed it will go to the control of the Republic of Kosovo, in which case Serbia will dispute it.
    I'm not so sceptical, considering who our commander-in-chief is.

Really, though, this is less than relevant. Kosovo is already a Mohammedan polity and if you're worried about the Turks conquering Europe look at Germany, not the Balkans.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Is this a joke?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2015 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Neo-European
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    I'm not so sceptical, considering who our commander-in-chief is.
    Have we ever sold a military base, surrounded by the sovereign territory of one state, to another state? I don't know of any such case, although I admit I may simply be ignorant. But I do not see how it would be possible under international law, & especially given that Kosovo is not universally recognized, I highly doubt that it would be done. The most likely scenario, IMO, is that the base will fall under general NATO administration. That MAY involve the Turks, since they're NATO members, but in that case it couldn't be a unilateral move by the U.S.

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Have we ever sold a military base, surrounded by the sovereign territory of one state, to another state? I don't know of any such case, although I admit I may simply be ignorant. But I do not see how it would be possible under international law, & especially given that Kosovo is not universally recognized, I highly doubt that it would be done. The most likely scenario, IMO, is that the base will fall under general NATO administration. That MAY involve the Turks, since they're NATO members, but in that case it couldn't be a unilateral move by the U.S.
    Garbage.

I don't think it would be sold, just "given" according to these reports. And yes it might fall under NATO administration with Turks sending additional troops. What could happen after is that other countries withdraw mostly and as a compensation for that Turks increase their contingent even more, and who knows if they leave NATO one day they could move in a whole Corps there ( their 3rd corps is a rapidly deployable force even now).

Turkish general elections are in 40 days, and Edogan's AKP is expected to win. Erdogan is expected to run for president next year or in 2014, and then he can serve as president until 2022 or 2024 giving him loads of time to further islamize the Turkey, further promote Neo-Ottomanism abroad, perhaps leave NATO etc..

Last Online
    01-27-2015 @ 06:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gheg highlander
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H7
    Taxonomy
    Nordoid
    Politics
    Revolutionary conservativism/traditionalism/IRON PILL
    Religion
    Unaffiliated theist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 12

0 Not allowed!

There's a Turkish military base in Kosova already, it's located in Prizren.

Nobilicist
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ithryn
    Ethnicity
    maiar
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Horten View Post
    There's a Turkish military base in Kosova already, it's located in Prizren.
    It's a small base for their 500 strong contingent. Camp Bondsteel is much larger though.

Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 07:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dardania
    Country
    Kosovo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

While more and more are leaving kosova, turks coming there seems very unlikely.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information