Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,537
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Sub-Saharan to be more exact. Thing is that my country doesn't have 10% of Muslim population. The next time be more careful while kicking Historical Knowlege and well-proven Demographic Facts™, mmkay?

Your trolling is way too crass given that you are a female, I have yet to see a decent post of yours.

I'm not joking.
    She does have a point. To become Greek during the founding of the Greek state it was only required that you be Christian and live in Greece. This was enshrined in the Constitution. No other requirements were levied. This eventually led to easy integration of thousands of Anatolian Christians who most likely had little to do with Balkan Greeks genetically. Greece expelled Muslims of Greece during the population exchange even though they were Greek in blood.
    The convention affected the populations as follows: almost all Greek Orthodox Christians (Greek- or Turkish-speaking) of Asia Minor including a Turkish-speaking Greek Orthodox population from middle Anatolia (Karamanlides), the Ionia region (e.g. Smyrna, Aivali), the Pontus region (e.g. Trapezunda, Sampsunta), the former Russian Caucasus province of Kars (Kars Oblast), Prusa (Bursa), the Bithynia region (e.g., Nicomedia (İzmit), Chalcedon (Kadıköy), East Thrace, and other regions were either expelled or formally denaturalized from Turkish territory.
    About 500,000 people were expelled from Greece, predominantly Greek Muslims, and others including Turks, Muslim Roma, Pomaks, Cham Albanians, Megleno-Romanians, and the Dönmeh.
    The population exchange all in all... was a disaster for Greece as it absorbed a lot of foreign Christians. Greece tossed out its ethnic Greeks just because they followed a different denomination of the Abrahamic religion. It's akin to exchanging Bosnian Muslims for Turkish/Anatolian Christians.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-20-2022 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Super sayan
    Country
    Greenland
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,961
    Given: 2,131

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hajduk View Post
    Виждал съм как в Сандански гръцки бизнесмени често ходят само заради курвите, или гръцки педали да ебат млади циганчета.
    abe grcite samo s ciganske kurvi moje da ebat v bulgaria

Last Online
    03-31-2012 @ 12:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Josip Broz Tito View Post
    She does have a point. To become Greek during the founding of the Greek state it was only required that you be Christian and live in Greece. This was enshrined in the Constitution. No other requirements were levied. This eventually led to easy integration of thousands of Anatolian Christians who most likely had little to do with Balkan Greeks genetically. Greece expelled Muslims of Greece during the population exchange even though they were Greek in blood.

The population exchange all in all... was a disaster for Greece as it absorbed a lot of foreign Christians. Greece tossed out its ethnic Greeks just because they followed a different denomination of the Abrahamic religion. It's akin to exchanging Bosnian Muslims for Turkish/Anatolian Christians.
    indeed, however, the 'thousands of Anatolian Christians' that no one can exactly define how many they were, pale in front of the 11 mil Greeks she so easily generalized, esp. when she knows well that her country is facing the same demographic problem. I don't recall any Greek here chimping out blaming neighbouring countries in their tongue btw. since some of you actually want to talk about prostitution in the Balkans go English and let the others participate, too. I translated some of the post made in previous pages and they made me sick.
    Last edited by Wanderlust; 02-24-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: dyslexi@

Last Online
    12-26-2012 @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Bulgarian
    Taxonomy
    Adriatid/Pontid/Borreby CM
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

I was talking about myself, my genes. I am genetically similar to other exYus, don't know about others but I'd reckon my family is in the same boat and my family isn't a small one neither...

I don't really care about old ethnographic maps, they're just that... old. Bulgarians lost the Balkan wars, the World Wars, and as a result our cultural union was severed. Bulgarians and Macedonians haven't lived in the same country for 99 years and counting.

We may share historical roots but we're more Yugoslav and related to Serbs and Croats than to Bulgarians. I've never been to Bulgaria but the country seems very foreign to me compared to Serbia or other exYu countries where I feel familiar.
    I wasn't talking about ethographic maps,but DNA-haplogroup maps.I don't understand why you Macedonians get so upset when somebody speaks about Bulgaria.I never said anything about Macedonia being Bulgarian,Creek or Serbian. There is one thing you should understand.Look alike and being one are two different things let alone "feel like". DNA cannot be wiped off like it or not.Of course a Bulgarian,Serb,Macedon...or any other person could feel himself whoever he likes but in fact DNA wise he could be from absolutely different area,respectevly belong to a different sub-race.
    "Човек дори и добре да живее умира и друг се ражда, но оставя това което е съградил."

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    indeed, however, the 'thousands of Anatolian Christians' that noone can exactly define how many they were pale in front of the 11 mil Greeks she so easily generalized, esp. when she knows well that her country is facing the same demographic problem. I don't recall any Greek here chimping out blaming neighbouring countries in their tongue btw. since some of you actually want to talk about prostitution in the Balkans go English and let the others participate, too. I translated some of the post made in previous pages and they made me sick.
    Greece's population in the 1800s was around 4-5 million in Balkan Greece. The total of deported Anatolian Greeks/Christians was around 1.3 million and official estimates put Greeks of Balkans and Anatolia around 6 million by 1800. So, it's quite reasonable those Anatolians make up a significant part of the Greek genepool today.

I don't really believe Anatolian Greeks who were only Greek by virtue of Church, not by their tongue or blood were the same as Balkan Greeks who are similar to us genetically (even Greece got its infusion of Slavs but were quickly Hellenized by Byzantines). Anatolian Greeks were really just Hellenized (by way of religion) Anatolians similar to Cypriot Greeks.

The irony in all this is Greece exchanged their Dehellenized Greeks for Hellenized non-Greeks.

I agree with you about the recent posts made against Greek women. They were quite disgusting and untrue. No one should stereotype a people, we've got all our bad seeds, the Bulgarians are not without theirs and neither are the Greeks nor any other people.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa View Post
    I wasn't talking about ethographic maps,but DNA-haplogroup maps.I don't understand why you Macedonians get so upset when somebody speaks about Bulgaria.I never said anything about Macedonia being Bulgarian,Creek or Serbian. There is one thing you should understand.Look alike and being one are two different things let alone "feel like". DNA cannot be wiped off like it or not.Of course a Bulgarian,Serb,Macedon...or any other person could feel himself whoever he likes but in fact DNA wise he could be from absolutely different area,respectevly belong to a different sub-race.
    Haplogroup maps? We can't define ethnicity by haplogroups.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Europa View Post
    I totaly agree with you Mordid.
    agreed my arse.

Last Online
    03-31-2012 @ 12:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77

0 Not allowed!

I don't really believe Anatolian Greeks who were only Greek by virtue of Church, not by their tongue or blood were the same as Balkan Greeks who are similar to us genetically (even Greece got its infusion of Slavs but were quickly Hellenized by Byzantines). Anatolian Greeks were really just Hellenized (by way of religion) Anatolians similar to Cypriot Greeks.
    well, that's debatable, judging from what the Turkish members occasionally say, they might have been even more European than you and me.

I'm not talking about these posts btw, but thanks anyway.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,097
    Given: 5,253

0 Not allowed!

Because of some slight arguments about who are more beautiful between two ethnicites, this is my opinion about the problem:

About men: Greek men are trying to resemble the Italian men from what I've seen: hair waxed with olive oil, thick beard, "fancier" behaviour. I don't know how successful are they, I have heard only Italian men to have a good reputation among the Western women. Good luck for Greeks.
    On the other hand, Bulgarian men have been known as the machos of the Eastern (now ex) bloc. Adventures with Russian, Czech, Polish, Swedish women under the hot sun on the Wog sea coast...
    I can't say who are more handsome because I'm straight, lol.

About women: I don't think there is a comparison, though Greek women are hawt too. Bulgarian women have been considered as the hottest for hundreds of years by different peoples They have mostly dark hair (though one can find enough light haired girls as well), Slavic influenced faces but more gracile bodies and features than other Slavic women. In a nutshell, our women combine the best features of the two kinds of most beautiful women in the world - Slavic and Mediterranean women.

Kretschmonaut Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-22-2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    българин
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Discordianism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,090
    Given: 4,184

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by feuerfrei View Post
    Because of some slight arguments about who are more beautiful between two ethnicites, this is my opinion about the problem:

About men: Greek men are trying to resemble the Italian men from what I've seen: hair waxed with olive oil, thick beard, "fancier" behaviour. I don't know how successful are they, I have heard only Italian men to have a good reputation among the Western women. Good luck for Greeks.
    On the other hand, Bulgarian men have been known as the machos of the Eastern (now ex) bloc. Adventures with Russian, Czech, Polish, Swedish women under the hot sun on the Wog sea coast...
    I can't say who are more handsome because I'm straight, lol.

About women: I don't think there is a comparison, though Greek women are hawt too. Bulgarian women have been considered as the hottest for hundreds of years by different peoples They have mostly dark hair (though one can find enough light haired girls as well), Slavic influenced faces but more gracile bodies and features than other Slavic women. In a nutshell, our women combine the best features of the two kinds of most beautiful women in the world - Slavic and Mediterranean women.
    Source or GTFO!

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread Information