Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Can a Kurdistan stabilize the Middle East?

Last Online
    04-29-2024 @ 07:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 551

0 Not allowed!

What a fun dreamland for loosers

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-15-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,971
    Given: 7,963

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    No it wouldn't. The middle east is much too big.

But it doesn't matter. An independent Kurdistan will happen, and then real progress for Kurds can occur. Minorities of Kurdistan, such as Assyrians, will finally be able to live in peace without fear of being killed or targeted by jihadists. An independent Kurdistan will stabilize Kurdistan, but not the entire Middle East.

We will still have the Israel Palestine conflict for example.
    http://aranews.net/2015/05/yezidi-ma...mands-justice/
    Dohuk, Iraqi Kurdistan – A Yezidi organization said in a statement on Tuesday that the Yezidi citizen Musa Temmo was stoned and then shot dead in the city of Sulaymaniyah in the Iraqi Kurdistan last Sunday.

The victim was working as a guard in a construction company in Sulaymaniyah.

The movement of “Yezidis Across the World” issued a statement, of which ARA News received a copy, saying: “Obviously the heinous crime was carried out against Temmo on religious basis, and perpetrators are most likely co-workers, for the location is under security protection and cannot be penetrated easily unless someone passes through the checkpoints.”

The statement called on the judicial authorities in the Kurdistan Region to arrest the perpetrators as soon as possible to be tried publicly in sessions open to the media.

The movement’s statement also demanded to hold responsible all the Salafist clerics and imams who call for hatred and extremism in the Kurdistan Region. “Some clerics describe the Yezidis and Christians as apostates, demanding their killing,” according to the statement.

Speaking to ARA News, the writer and human rights activist and member of the movement, Dr. Saeed Seydo, said that the crime was carried out Sunday in a place that is well-fenced and can’t be easily accessed.

“According to M.N. (victim’s friend), the victim (Temmo) was threatened, humiliated and demanded to convert to Islam,” Seydo added, pointing out that the Yezidi young man was intending to leave his work next week.

“It’s not the first time that Yezidi workers are insulted, beaten, and even killed. There are many cases that took place in previous years in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region, but this crime exceeded the brutality of all other crimes, as the perpetrators stoned the victim with rocks and one of them shot the victim in the mouth,” Seydo said.

The source pointed out that the company, where the incident took place, is trying to prevent media from approaching the scene of the crime.

In the meantime, the MP in the Iraqi Parliament for the Yezidi community, Vian Dakhil, demanded on Tuesday the local authorities in the city of Sulaymaniyah in the Kurdistan Region to carry out an immediate investigation on the killing of the Yezidi man and uncover the circumstances of the incident to the public.

“We sadly received the news of the young Yezidi man’s death who was working as a guard for a company near the headquarters of a prominent political figure in the city of Sulaymaniyah. He was killed after being mercilessly rocked,” the MP said in a statement posted online.

“As we trust the judicial system in the Kurdistan Region, we stress the importance of punishing all those involved in this heinous crime, whether perpetrators or instigators, compensating the victim’s family in accordance with the laws,” she added.

Dozens of Yezidis demonstrated in the refugee camp of Issia in the city of Dohuk on Monday in protest against the killing of the young man Musa Temmo.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    There is a big motherfucking problem in the way of any ideas like that and its called the big ass Turkish army.

Turks have one of the most powerful armies in NATO and THE most powerful army in the middle east.And its not just numbers,its also technology.I myself am pretty happy to have them on our side.

I also had a big laugh at a picture posted in the first page about how Greece has 50% of Turkey's territory.Without foreign intervention,the Turkish army can annex Greece in less than 24 hours.
    Dont destroy people's dreams man.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2017 @ 07:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Taxonomy
    Who cares?
    Politics
    Non-aligned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,266
    Given: 1,491

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    How many what, Persian immigrants?

Defectors, silly people, they left because they don't like it, those who like it stay.

You should go to Iran and talk to the locals about it. You'll find all kinds... some who won't speak evil of it, but among the young members of the working/middle classes in particular (who essentially make up the majority of the population) you won't hear too many positive words. That was my experience, admittedly limited but consistent with what you can learn on the internet. The people tend to be united by nationalist fervour against external threats but that doesn't mean they are particularly fond of the government. Mind you, I don't have too many positive words to say about Australian politics, but I have some respect for the system; at least I can publicly criticise it without being locked up - I hope.

To suggest that everyone who dislikes their government will leave the country is removed from reality... it's also one of many rubbish lines peddled by the Iranian government. With high unemployment, low wages and unwelcome passport credentials, average Iranians aren't exactly well equipped to leave their homeland even if they want to.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2017 @ 07:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Taxonomy
    Who cares?
    Politics
    Non-aligned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,266
    Given: 1,491

0 Not allowed!

There is a big motherfucking problem in the way of any ideas like that and its called the big ass Turkish army.

The stateless Kurds are a useful tool for the empire in its effort to rule through manipulation and destabilisation. The US and allies can offer and withdraw support for the Kurds at will, as they have done in the past, leading to a tragic cycle of uprisings and massacres. Would a Kurdish state offer more benefits to the empire than the leverage the stateless Kurds currently provide? A Kurdish state could be part of the long term plan. If that Kurdish state happens to include a chunk of Turkish territory, I wonder what might happen. Given their close ties to the US and NATO, I'm not sure the Turks would be in a great position to stop it. That's a tough one. Maybe it wouldn't include the entire Kurdish area, just parts of Syria and Iraq. There's also the Iranian Kurdish region, which could be another hurdle - or an opportunity, i.e. part of the same long-term plan to tighten the imperial grip on the region.

Veteran Member i'llseeyouinhell's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 10:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Caucasus Mountains and Anatolia
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano Pontid + Robust Iranid (Irano Cromagnid)
    Religion
    Alevism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 302

0 Not allowed!

Turks have one of the most powerful armies in NATO and THE most powerful army in the middle east.And its not just numbers,its also technology.I myself am pretty happy to have them on our side.

I also had a big laugh at a picture posted in the first page about how Greece has 50% of Turkey's territory.Without foreign intervention,the Turkish army can annex Greece in less than 24 hours.
    Thanks man whatever you beileve someone has a brain there

Veteran Member i'llseeyouinhell's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 10:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Caucasus Mountains and Anatolia
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano Pontid + Robust Iranid (Irano Cromagnid)
    Religion
    Alevism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 302

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    I'm sure the Kurds and Greeks will be kind rulers!
    You make me laugh sis oww kurds right what a great race can you tell me one kurdish empire or state from the history? fucking donkey and aunt fuckers

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by N1019 View Post
    The stateless Kurds are a useful tool for the empire in its effort to rule through manipulation and destabilisation. The US and allies can offer and withdraw support for the Kurds at will, as they have done in the past, leading to a tragic cycle of uprisings and massacres. Would a Kurdish state offer more benefits to the empire than the leverage the stateless Kurds currently provide? A Kurdish state could be part of the long term plan. If that Kurdish state happens to include a chunk of Turkish territory, I wonder what might happen. Given their close ties to the US and NATO, I'm not sure the Turks would be in a great position to stop it. That's a tough one. Maybe it wouldn't include the entire Kurdish area, just parts of Syria and Iraq. There's also the Iranian Kurdish region, which could be another hurdle - or an opportunity, i.e. part of the same long-term plan to tighten the imperial grip on the region.
    Kurds are claiming everything from nothing, from antep to kars, like a joke. They spread like bugs to cities and claim them. None kurdish country existed in history, yet they want to have 1/4 of Turkey, like a joke. Do you know which cities are biggest kurdish cities? Istanbul and Izmir probably. How long we will wait until they claim these cities too?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Kurds are communist btw. Communist state in Middle East. This is something world didnt see yet rofl

Last Online
    09-24-2015 @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanist
    Ethnicity
    50% Albanian 50% Turkish
    Country
    Kosovo
    Religion
    Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 30

0 Not allowed!

See the lastest level Kurdish borders, with high fertity it is going to have bigger area
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information