Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,035
    Given: 1,735

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Latinos aren't much European it seems. it was obvious anyway. if I were Latino I would praise the Native American side, not the shitty Iberian ancestry, i.e. the people that ruined the Americas, slaughtered the locals, destroyed Aztec and Inca empires and so on. if I were Latino I would go as far as banning Spanish language and sending Spanish-looking people to Spain and only allow Native-looking people on the American continent - which, of course, would be renamed, since America name is so colonial and shitty
    Dont be a racist.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    How many are in the samples you are using for the USA Cubans and Argentines? Because we have a couple of threads here with several pages of 23andme results on each and like half of them are in the 95%-99% Euro range. Where are these types on the box plot? I only see the range up to maybe 92% for them on the plot.
    I dont pay that much attention to 23andme. I mean its great to analyze certain things but obviously its not perfectly representative when you are paying USD 100-300 to get tested. I used this tests for Cuban Americans and Argentina

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    youre that retarded argentine triracial with black amerindian mena and euro, nigga you lame, i bet you have a big hook nose

this is what the average argentine is, there are also other studies that puts them with high SSA ancestry, i can post them soon, genetic studies do not lie, and they are not cherry picked at all
    in fact later, probably tomorrow i will use Geno's Argentine average among other ones that puts you guys with a high SSA for my next Latin American average graph
    i will post them on black forums, they also believe Argentines have a lot of SSA due to their very curly hair that according to them, when they traveled to Argentina, they saw many with black texture hair hahaha

Bro, why are going loco on these guys? It ain't that serious to get all loco on them like that. If the Argentine guy has a 99% Euro DNA result, that's his result, he's white. No big deal. Why post an average when one third of those that were added to the sample could have been like him in the 90's? There are plenty of them here in TA on a thread. Also, I know 23andme has a good study, but why go loco about it if they didn't use it? It's not that serious, chacho.

Be cool, bro.

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    I dont pay that much attention to 23andme. I mean its great to analyze certain things but obviously its not perfectly representative when you are paying USD 100-300 to get tested. I used this tests for Cuban Americans and Argentina

Why is 23andme not representative? They have one of the most accurate personal tests around. If there are studies using 23andme data and method, I think it's fair to say it could be representative. If you chose to use different results from another study, that's fine. But if we are to get a small snap shot using the 23andme results we have here, why not take them seriously? They seem to be of the more accurate tests around.

Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 09:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 313

1 Not allowed!

You should post more genetic studies about Mexicans using only samples from the north.. where no one lives.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

For comparison, my chilean boxplot vs a chilean study

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms7472

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    Those are fake numbers put out by the Castro government. The CIA has numbers that are more real, if I remember it was 36% and that was several years ago. The Castro government wants the island to seem whiter than it is. Look at that picture, did that pic full of people seem pretty white to you?

What I meant by my comment about DR, is that Cuba will be a mulatto island. There are still many blacks on the island also.
    Bro, i think the Cuban white % are not "fake numbers". Look at this

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...-control_study

Methods Setting and Study design
    A one phase cross-sectional catchment area survey of allthose aged 65 years and over living in five catchmentareas in Ciudad Havana, Cuba (Lisa, Luyano, Marianao,Playa, and Plaza); and one catchment area in Matanzas(Milanes), a city 120 kilometres east from Havana, and anested case-control comparison of admixture.

According to interviewer perceptions, 1677 (72%) were considered to be 'white', while 394 (17%) were considered 'mixed' and 261 (11%) 'black'. For the case-control sub-sample (n = 584), the mean individual admixture proportions (after weighting back) were European 81.2% (95% confidence intervals 79.1-83.3%), African 16.2% (14.1-18.3%), and Native American 2.6% (2.3-3.0%). The mean African admixture proportion for the three ethnic groups was 5.8% (5.1-6.6%) for 'white', 28.6% (24.0-33.2%) for 'mixed' and 49.6% (44.8-55.4%) for 'black'. However, all three groups were substantially admixed with considerable overlap between the three ethnic identities, pure African or European ancestry being the exception (see Figure 1). A small proportion of those defined as 'white' had marked African ancestry and most of those defined as 'black' had inherited much of their genome from European ancestors.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...-control_study

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,492
    Given: 5,740

0 Not allowed!

Do you know any good pca with all south America? I ve seen a few bad ones with only a few countries.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    Do you know any good pca with all south America? I ve seen a few bad ones with only a few countries.
    You mean something like this?

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0034695

1st and 2nd Multidimensional components of samples from the cities of Buenos Aires, Mexico and San Juan, including European, African and Indigenous American ancestrals (black triangles). Samples from Buenos Aires are in gold, samples from Mexico are in light blue and samples from Puerto Rico are in purple.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petalpusher View Post
    The problem with latin america is that we are so diverse, and there is millons of us. Lets say you make a study with 1000 samples in Salvador de Bahia. The result will be mulatto. Then you make one in south Brazil. The result is Castizo. Then you make one in Coastal Colombia. The result is Black. Then you make one in Paisa region in Colombia. The result is Harnizo.

You have to take A LOT of samples, tests A LOT of regions and take into account the importance of each region.

For example you can take 200 samples of Salta and you will reach the conclusion that Argentina is like Bolivia. But Salta only has 3% of the Argentine population. Making studies in latin america is VERY HARD thats why i prefer to make my own boxplots with the studies i find reasonable. I doubt we will see 1 study with several countries, several regions, several social classes being tested and thats the only way to reach a reasonable result.

This is all from Argentina. Biuenos Aires (50% of the population) in central region and Salta (3% of the population) in the northwest. Its like 2 different countries.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information