Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

1 Not allowed!

Once again I see a lot of borrebyism, sentimentality and "pan-European racial unity" bullshit in this thread. Most White Brazilians would look more-or-less like these Sicilians, who themselves can only pass in a limited range of European countries:

Last Online
    02-03-2022 @ 10:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Divine
    Ethnicity
    Unknown
    Ancestry
    Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian and probably some other that I don't know of
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Alpine + SubNordid (?) (so I was told by some people here)
    Religion
    Umbanda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 522
    Given: 809

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ÁGUIA View Post
    Haha, Curiosity you are european looking or white (white is such a meaningless term btw, it was invented by spaniards during colonialism) by Brazil and European standards, even if you have non-european blood, it not appears in your phenotype.
    P.s. real life different from the apricity, don´t take it to serious!
    Haha I don't take it serious, I was kidding about the existential crisis. But I actually was curious about that. Though it was only curiosity, I wouldn't mind being mixed. I have nothing against any races, and I love brazilian people, mixed as it is. I think it makes us really special. Of course when I say that I don't mean special as better than anyone, because I don't even believe in this superiority thing. I think every nation have something that makes them special. For us, being a mix of races and cultures is a part of it.
    I'm trying to improve my english, so if you see me making any mistakes and you feel like it, you can please correct me. Thanks!

Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,371
    Given: 2,411

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lucastoth19 View Post
    I don't agree with them, but alright, let's not enter in this field. What i meant is that everyone consider themselves all "mixed up" around here. Even if they are not. It became a cultural thing for us.
    For example, my girlfriend is blonde, if you ask her if she consider herself white or european, she'll say "no, cause obviuosly we are in brazil, and everyone is mixed up", and will probably think you're a racist.
    I second this,plenty of people here say they are a ''mix of everything'' even if they are not.Talking about ancestry is not worth a conversation here,people are ignorant about it and fall to stupid stereotypes when talking about it and shwing scientifical genetic data won't change their minds...argh,so annoying.

Last Online
    02-03-2022 @ 10:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Divine
    Ethnicity
    Unknown
    Ancestry
    Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian and probably some other that I don't know of
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Alpine + SubNordid (?) (so I was told by some people here)
    Religion
    Umbanda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 522
    Given: 809

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LESM View Post
    I second this,plenty of people here say they are a ''mix of everything'' even if they are not.Talking about ancestry is not worth a conversation here,people are ignorant about it and fall to stupid stereotypes when talking about it and shwing scientifical genetic data won't change their minds...argh,so annoying.
    Here in Petropolis it is a little different. You know that a lot of people here like to talk about their ancestry? Especially those of German ancestry. But a lot of people is like me, only know something about a part of their ancestors, not about all of them.

About the data, can you show me? I have never seen any.
    I'm trying to improve my english, so if you see me making any mistakes and you feel like it, you can please correct me. Thanks!

Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,371
    Given: 2,411

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Here in Petropolis it is a little different. You know that a lot of people here like to talk about their ancestry? Especially those of German ancestry. But a lot of people is like me, only know something about a part of their ancestors, not about all of them.

About the data, can you show me? I have never seen any.
    Many people of italian ancestry here like to talk about their italian ancestry too,but these people don't produce interesting conversations regrading this subject.Many are only part italian,yet they ONLY talk about their italian ancestry,sometimes it gets annoying...it's very rare to find people talking about their portuguese,spanish,amerindian or african ancstry...as for the data,I was referring to this study: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...tudy-on-Brazil

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 02:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Diverse
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid-Iranid-Faelid
    Politics
    Pragmathic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,154
    Given: 1,061

0 Not allowed!

Fuck out European Union flag.

We also have ukranian and russian derivatives here.

And in the future greeks and britishs.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,478
    Given: 5,059

1 Not allowed!

Haha I don't take it serious, I was kidding about the existential crisis. But I actually was curious about that. Though it was only curiosity, I wouldn't mind being mixed. I have nothing against any races, and I love brazilian people, mixed as it is. I think it makes us really special. Of course when I say that I don't mean special as better than anyone, because I don't even believe in this superiority thing. I think every nation have something that makes them special. For us, being a mix of races and cultures is a part of it.
    I totaly agree with you, I knew you were kidding about your existencial crisis haha

Banned
    Last Online
    09-26-2015 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    iberian and levantine
    Ancestry
    Portugal,Spain,Lebanon and possible Sephardi
    Country
    Brasil
    Taxonomy
    mediterranean
    Religion
    christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,614
    Given: 1,554

0 Not allowed!

white brazilian typical

Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese and German.
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

I wouldn't know how to answer this question either lol. I mean, by brazilian standards, I always thought as myself as white. In here, I'm white, and I think I don't agree with your girlfriend because even If I'm mixed up, I look white, I have never suffered any prejudice caused by my skin color. So in here, there is black/white. Actually I was always mocked by my friends for being too pale, if comparing to them. I don't know if you agree with me, but here in Brazil most people will consider one white or not mostly by the color of their skin, right? But since I came across Apricity, I don't know if I would be considered white by european standards, even though I have light eyes and hair, because I know very little of my ancestry, and I may have non-european blood, I don't know what I am. Maybe I'm mixed. Existential crisis moment, lol.
    I agree with you, our "european concept" is different from theirs. We do not carry any political or nationalist sense, they do. My hair is dark blonde and my eyes are light brown, so even if your entire family is european, they'll think you're not in fact european after all, because you're from Brasil.
    Well, i consider myself mixed up, i have italian, portuguese, hungarian and german blood. I have very few information about them either, but i'm pretty sure there's no native americans or african blood in my family (which i think is bad, i'd like to have some swarthy blood).
    Hahahaha, besides all the mocking, being too light around here is a bad thing, brazilian sun is cruel to us.

Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese and German.
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LESM View Post
    yeah, some people are boring, they take everything to political and nationalist side. But whatever man, you just forget about them and keep cool.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread Information