PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Kim Kardashian Obsessed With Wearing White?!

Loki
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Why Is Kim Kardashian Obsessed With Wearing White?! (http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/why-kim-kardashian-obsessed-wearing-white-185411890.html)

http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/omgcelebnews/22e8e8ed-86d9-4112-98ac-7e0d7ee6de73_KimKardashian1_110113.jpg

We know Kim Kardashian loves being a bride — at 33, she's gearing up for her third trip down the aisle — but she also seems to love dressing like one.

Since Kanye West popped the question on Oct. 21, the reality TV star has worn white for every big appearance she's made — and then some. For those in need of a klothing rekap (sorry, couldn't resist), that would be her "The Tonight Show" chit-chat on Wednesday, Las Vegas birthday party on Oct. 25, and the Dream for Future Africa Foundation gala one day earlier. Plus, while out and about in L.A. yesterday, she wore this mini from the family's line for Lipsy.

Now that's a whole lotta sexy white outfits in a short amount of time, so we wondered: Is she trying to send the world some type of message? And if so, what the heck is it?

"For me, it's like she's saying, 'I'm back and I'm not going anywhere,'" celebrity stylist Jason Bolden tells omg!. "'Now that I have a baby, I want everybody to see this body. I want everybody to see this silhouette. Furthermore, this is my third time [getting married] and I think this time is right.'"

He continues, "So her statement is: 'Who says you can't wear white again? Not only am I going to wear it — I'm going to wear it every day."

Bolden says the color also conveys a message of extravagance — fitting for one half of a Hollywood powercouple.

"Here's the thing with white: It screams luxury," he says. "It screams wealth. If someone wears that color, they have to have some kind of disposable income and not really care what's going to happen to it, because you know it's not going to be white after you wear it."

As for what fiancé Kanye may have to do with all her white outfits? "Everything," says Bolden. "Everyone can see the transition she's made since they got together until now — what her style evolution has been. She's definitely more designer driven. More that that, she's created a point a view — a high fashion point of view. And he is obviously the guru in the relationship."

Just because Kim, perhaps at Kanye's urging, is wearing white non-stop since she became betrothed, don't expect this to be a trend with all brides-to-be.

"By and large, brides do not flock to stores to buy white uniforms to wear for the next six to 12 months of their life," laughs Harmony Walton, founder of the wedding concierge service The Bridal Bar. "However, there may be times you find them in white over the course of their wedding planning — at an engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding, and post-wedding day brunch. So there are reasons for the bride to go out and buy more white outfits than they typically do, but there's no trend taking shape that brides-to-be are going to start wearing white five days a week to the office, that's for sure."

As for whether it's tacky for Kim, who has been married twice before, to wear the color while celebrating her engagement (interestingly, she also wore white when stepping out for the first time after getting engaged to Kris Humphries in May 2011), the answer, as far as wedding etiquette goes, is no. And she has a green light to wear the hue on her big day as well.

"Originally a bride wore white on her wedding day to symbolize purity and feminine wholeness, but once people started having premarital sex, that went out the window," says Walton. "Now we even see women wearing color for their first wedding or white at their second wedding, that's totally acceptable."

But expect Kim's dress to be different than the princess Vera Wang gown she wore when she married Kris. According to reports, she'll go with a different designer — likely one selected by Kanye — for the wedding, which she has hinted will be a destination wedding, perhaps in Europe, next summer.

"Kanye is so fashion intense, I could see him having a small role in the design of the dress and getting a very different look than what she would typically wear," says Walton. "In order to honor him and his input, we're going to see something very different. But still really big, very over-the-top with her style. But still a showstopper because, at the end of the day, that seems to be what Kim Kardashian wants to be."

That's the truth: the future Mrs. Kim Kardashian West is an expert at getting attention ... no matter what color she wears.

Baldur
11-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Why does anyone even care about her enough to write such an article about her?

larali
11-02-2013, 10:15 PM
It's a color that looks good on her. It shows off her tan and makes her look more "exotic".

But who cares about KK??? :p

Loki
11-02-2013, 10:18 PM

She's hot.

rashka
11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
It's a color that looks good on her. It shows off her tan and makes her look more "exotic".

That is the worst color for her and clashes with her skin tone. She should be wearing beige or natural colors.
This would be a better choice
http://www.trbimg.com/img-521cf4e9/turbine/os-wedding-dresses-through-the-years-pictures-019/600/377x600

Paluga
11-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Well, she's become 33 years old. A new cycle of life has begun for her and her life changed. Maybe she's aware of it or not.

Sisak
11-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Because white is a status symbol of wealthy women, at least this is so in Croatia. "Lady in the white coat".

Baluarte
11-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Quite ironic if you consider that white wedding dresses where supposed to represent purity and innocence from the young girl about to become a woman.
Meh, it's just how things are in the world.

Krampus
11-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Why are the Kardashians in general obsessed with fucking blacks?

Hadouken
11-03-2013, 01:51 AM
because she likes everything thats white

oh wait

Pjeter Pan
11-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Why aren't you is the question

KidMulat
11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
White brings out her highlight/contouring in her make up it also shows her curves and does well in pictures (makes her stand out in groups, its her new trademark, trendsetting, etc....)

Minel
12-06-2013, 06:43 PM
I thought Kanye dresses her/tells her what to wear. Because he is fashion-obsessed.

Rambo07
02-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Because she has had more hip hop stars inside her than an ipod.

Nehellenia
02-13-2014, 07:39 AM
I thought Kanye dresses her/tells her what to wear. Because he is fashion-obsessed.

That's what i heard, she's the co-dependent type.. monochrome colours since she's been with him, pretty much.

asingh
02-13-2014, 08:28 AM
because she likes everything thats white

oh wait

She would..why not. She is white..!

Hierarchalist
02-13-2014, 08:51 AM
That's cauz Kim Kardashian is a Hobbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9smdYoN2jQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBzuNF2RJM

Chieftain
03-01-2014, 04:33 PM

They look like light skinned African Americans to me.

She's ugly as it can get though, an abomination that makes me vomit when I see her.

Rêveur
05-12-2014, 06:12 PM
I agree, it looks rather good on her.

Lusos
05-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Why Is Kim Kardashian Obsessed With Wearing White?! (and with fucking niggaz).

I get you Loki.(The hot part that Is)
But her and her Family disgust me men.

Lusos
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Actually.If ones puts a beard on her.I think she will look like the one who won the Eurovision.(He/she/Him/Her ...Whatever)

Vorpal
05-18-2014, 09:43 PM
cuz she's fucking dumb

Prisoner Of Ice
05-18-2014, 09:45 PM
To show off her swartiness.

Prisoner Of Ice
05-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Damn she's fugly, btw.

roro4721
05-18-2014, 09:47 PM
To appear sophisticated and show off her fake tan?

randomguy1235
05-18-2014, 09:49 PM
She really needs to dye her hair back to black and stop tanning. She used to be much more attractive.

cally
05-18-2014, 10:03 PM
She has totally ruined her face with surgery. She used to look pretty and middle Eastern now she looks weird.

1stLightHorse
05-18-2014, 10:14 PM
What do people see in this woman?

Her head looks misshaped like a fucking canoe.

LightHouse89
05-18-2014, 10:16 PM
shes a skank and a mud shark.

Ivan Kramskoï
05-18-2014, 10:16 PM
She is ugly, not my type at all.
And she is also stupid, if the world was fair she would be noting.

Vorpal
05-18-2014, 10:28 PM
She is ugly, not my type at all.
And she is also stupid, if the world was fair she would be noting.

hard to disagree

PolishAmerican190
05-18-2014, 10:32 PM
It isn't slimming for sure