PDA

View Full Version : People of levant came from europe?

Prisoner Of Ice
11-05-2013, 04:55 PM
http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2013/11/european-pigs-replacing-near-eastern.html

Near Eastern wild boars possess a characteristic DNA signature. Unexpectedly, wild boars from Israel have the DNA sequences of European wild boars and domestic pigs. To understand how this anomaly evolved, we sequenced DNA from ancient and modern pigs from Israel. Pigs from Late Bronze Age (until ca. 1150 BCE) in Israel shared haplotypes of modern and ancient Near Eastern pigs. European haplotypes became dominant only during the Iron Age (ca. 900 BCE). This raises the possibility that European pigs were brought to the region by the Sea Peoples who migrated to the Levant at that time. Then, a complete genetic turnover took place, most likely because of repeated admixture between local and introduced European domestic pigs that went feral. Severe population bottlenecks likely accelerated this process. Introductions by humans have strongly affected the phylogeography of wild animals, and interpretations of phylogeography based on modern DNA alone should be taken with caution.

Ancient Israeli pigs come from europe, not near east. Sea People, Canaanites, 10 tribes, jews came from further north, blah. Not any big surprise but good to have confirmation.

StonyArabia
11-05-2013, 04:58 PM
The pigs might have come from Europe, but I doubt the Levantines have come from there.

Prisoner Of Ice
11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Then you don't know much about history, I guess.

StonyArabia
11-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Then you don't know much about history, I guess.

No it's the other way it's Levantines that migrated to Europe, especially Southern Europe which gave the neolithic like admixture in them.

MarkyMark
11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
The pigs might have come from Europe, but I doubt the Levantines have come from there.

I bet you they did, but only to one group: the Arameans.

Smeagol
11-07-2013, 10:40 PM
No it's the other way it's Levantines that migrated to Europe, especially Southern Europe which gave the neolithic like admixture in them.

The Neolithic revolution came from Anatolia.

Sikeliot
11-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Europeans have Levantine in them more than the other way around.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-04-2014, 04:05 AM
I would not be surprised if this was due to phoenicians.