PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself to the community

Sucellos
01-01-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm not good at introductions but it is the least that you would expect from someone joining a new group of discussion. So I'll try, also in deference to our hosts, the owners of these forums.

Preservation? I don't believe in preserving what is corrupted. There is no point in it. I fear that the concept of preservation is often used to defend the undeserving. I may use the word myself but most of the time in a conventional manner.

My philosophy of life is based in the fusion of two concepts that are at the roots of my own Identity and Tradition. The Ancient societies of the Gentilitas, based on continued blood family links of Clann, Lineage or Stirpes and with a strong attachment to the soil, on the one hand. (This is not to be confused with the modernist blood and soil (or blut und boden) movements, to which it is most unrelated.) On the other hand the Classic society of the Romanitas, based on extended family links, which compliments the Gentilitas adding a different spiritual level to it.

And last but not least, my own life experience and evolution through it.

On a personal level, I admire people who are honest and loathe those who are dishonest. I love and I hate, I guess like everyone else, except that I put a strong passion into any of both.

My personal life is no one's concern but mine and those who I allow them into it. I leave to the settlers of the American Continent (aka Colonials) to babble about their family, children, job, girlfriend or boyfriend, current mental health status and other such boring and uninterested accounts of those who live boring, little and uninteresting lifes.

Having said this, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the largest post that I ever made in The Apricity Forum. Much as I would like to, I don't have time to take part on many discussions outside my own forum, Stirpes (http://stirpes.net).

p.s.
If you had not guessed who I am before the last paragraph, you probably didn't know me or you should have a check on your mental agility. :)

Beorn
01-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Preservation? I don't believe in preserving what is corrupted. There is no point in it. I fear that the concept of preservation is often used to defend the undeserving. I may use the word myself but most of the time in a conventional manner.

I agree! The term preservation is a word which even myself am involved to throwing around with wanton recklessness, but like yourself, I am only interested in what is worth preserving.

On a personal level, I admire people who are honest and loathe those who are dishonest. I love and I hate, I guess like everyone else, except that I put a strong passion into any of both.

Passion is a weakness of the strong. :thumb001:

p.s.
If you had not guessed who I am before the last paragraph, you probably didn't know me or you should have a check on your mental agility. :)

I think I have an idea; perhaps narrowed down to three, but do not wish to reveal.

Anyway, that all aside, welcome to the Apricity and hope you do contribute more.

Loki
01-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Greetings Sucellos, thanks for coming to say hello to us here on Apricity. :)

Your introduction would benefit your future responders in formulating an approach. No doubt you might spot a topic or two which will interest you.

Welcome. :)

Loyalist
01-01-2009, 01:34 AM
My personal life is no one's concern but mine and those who I allow them into it. I leave to the settlers of the American Continent (aka Colonials) to babble about their family, children, job, girlfriend or boyfriend, current mental health status and other such boring and uninterested accounts of those who live boring, little and uninteresting lifes.

:rolleyes:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zl7y43.jpg

Sucellos
01-01-2009, 01:58 AM
:rolleyes:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zl7y43.jpg...and I forgot to add that, however uninteresting, meaningless and boring their lifes might be, they are still able to find a small place in the democratic sub-world of the internet and fantasy where to pretend that they matter to the rest of the world. :)

Revenant
01-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Americans aren't the only colonials.

Sucellos
01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Americans aren't the only colonials.True. And I should also add that US Americans are not the only Americans. Not even the only North Americans (Mexicans, US'ed, Canadians). However Americans (or more precisely North Americans) are the most overtly vocal (in the sense of anal –excuse the word– or, if you prefer, "intelectually cacophonic" to use a concept word). By far and away.

I notice that you are Australian. To be perfectly honest, dumping all settlers and emigrés into the derogative term of "Colonials" is not totally fair. One should be able to dissect each and every sample of the wider colonial zoo and to group them into more proper lots of classification. That's biology 101.

Australians are an interesting lot and, as a group, they deserve an analysis apart. They appear to me as far removed from much of what defines the Colonial American psyche. And also unburdened from the self-destructive British psyche. Their rudimentary style also appears to be complemented by a sense of free will and free care, which perhaps they learned from the Abos? All things considered, there is a positive something about it.

I find it unfair the by now classical accusation against Australians of descending from deported criminals, without giving it any further consideration and analysis. While at the same time it is taken for granted that Colonial Americans are of a better stock without analysing the rotten and trash roots of puritanism, presbyterianism and other calvinistic sects of fanatics.

Considering the unjust system under which Britain forced into the misery of industrial Capitalism to millions of peoples from the British and Irish Islands, and which unjustly singled out as criminals to many who were only struggling in order to survive or who were rebelling against the inherent unjustice of Britain's industrialism. And while those who had a free spirit were deported, those others who had a submissive and subservient and slavish spirit were rewarded with a status near to that of a sheep, either in Britain or in the American Colonies.

So yes, a generic "colonial" encompasses many more people than just "Americans". But when used with a derogative tinge of scorn and loathe, one must be able to distinguish between the peoples and their roots, and how the latter have marked their character and identity.

Fortis in Arduis
01-01-2009, 12:48 PM
...and I forgot to add that, however uninteresting, meaningless and boring their lifes might be, they are still able to find a small place in the democratic sub-world of the internet and fantasy where to pretend that they matter to the rest of the world. :)

That is not very nice. No welcome from me.

You like being a bitch? Very clever.

the rotten and trash roots of puritanism, presbyterianism and other calvinistic sects of fanatics.

Stuff off!

Lady L
01-01-2009, 01:32 PM
leave to the settlers of the American Continent (aka Colonials) to babble about their family, children, job, girlfriend or boyfriend, current mental health status and other such boring and uninterested accounts of those who live boring, little and uninteresting lifes.

I am not sure which planet you are from but down here on earth having a family and children and a job are far from living boring, meaningless lives.

Didn't you know. ;)

Stormraaf
01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
...and I forgot to add that, however uninteresting, meaningless and boring their lifes might be, they are still able to find a small place in the democratic sub-world of the internet and fantasy where to pretend that they matter to the rest of the world.

Since that is an insulting generalisation of a people of European descent, I'm disappointed that the moderators are not speaking against it.

Loki
01-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Since that is an insulting generalisation of a people of European descent, I'm disappointed that the moderators are not speaking against it.

In sharp contrast with some other Germanic or European preservationist fora, the Apricity believes it is right and necessary to uphold freedom of expression. Therefore, you will not see staff here editing members' posts, closing threads unnecessarily, or ban members for minor issues. Some other well-known fora have this disturbing habit, and hence they are declining in numbers, popularity and relevance.

Whilst you may have to put up with some ideas and generalizations that are unpalatable, you will have the comfort of knowing that mods are not going to chase after you by airing your views, or just being yourself.

You are welcome to write any rebuttal you like to Sucellos' introduction -- if he dishes it out, he should be able to take it as well. ;)

Æmeric
01-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Aren't you the individual more commonly known as Moornydd or Myhymydd?:)

Revenant
01-01-2009, 05:22 PM
True. And I should also add that US Americans are not the only Americans. Not even the only North Americans (Mexicans, US'ed, Canadians). However Americans (or more precisely North Americans) are the most overtly vocal (in the sense of anal –excuse the word– or, if you prefer, "intelectually cacophonic" to use a concept word). By far and away.

I notice that you are Australian. To be perfectly honest, dumping all settlers and emigrés into the derogative term of "Colonials" is not totally fair.

Personally, I don't mind at all. You might find some who differ on that but not me.

One should be able to dissect each and every sample of the wider colonial zoo and to group them into more proper lots of classification. That's biology 101.

Seems kind of a strange (superior?) take on things....

Australians are an interesting lot and, as a group, they deserve an analysis apart. They appear to me as far removed from much of what defines the Colonial American psyche. And also unburdened from the self-destructive British psyche. Their rudimentary style also appears to be complemented by a sense of free will and free care, which perhaps they learned from the Abos? All things considered, there is a positive something about it.

Well I'd like to hear your analysis when you come around to defing that "positive something". Here's a hot tip, It sure doesn't have anything to do with the poor old Abo. We are like many European and Euro descended people, self destructive. I wouldn't call that trait exclusively British. I'm not at all sure what the definition of the "Colonial American psyche" is.

I find it unfair the by now classical accusation against Australians of descending from deported criminals, without giving it any further consideration and analysis.

I had no idea that's classic, where do you get that from?. The only types of people that presently use "convict" as a insult are our muslim population having convict ancestors myself it doesn't bother me, certainy not coming from muslims. If you're talking about the barmy army that's in good jest. The only others in I can think of in recent times were hitlerites, hitler himself said something about it. Of course before the war we were Germanic aryans.

While at the same time it is taken for granted that Colonial Americans are of a better stock without analysing the rotten and trash roots of puritanism, presbyterianism and other calvinistic sects of fanatics.

Well I know for sure were definitely not as religious as Americans. I wouldn't say we're much different stock-wise. It seems you think about America quite a bit.

Considering the unjust system under which Britain forced into the misery of industrial Capitalism to millions of peoples from the British and Irish Islands, and which unjustly singled out as criminals to many who were only struggling in order to survive or who were rebelling against the inherent unjustice of Britain's industrialism. And while those who had a free spirit were deported, those others who had a submissive and subservient and slavish spirit were rewarded with a status near to that of a sheep, either in Britain or in the American Colonies.

Hard times all over back then and yes, many convicts sent down here had criminal records like stealing garments or loaves of bread. I think we were less rebellious British subjects when compared to Americans especially considering we were much more of a penal colony so I think you could be a bit off there, we did have some nasty punishments back then so maybe that explains it, but I doubt it.

So yes, a generic "colonial" encompasses many more people than just "Americans". But when used with a derogative tinge of scorn and loathe, one must be able to distinguish between the peoples and their roots, and how the latter have marked their character and identity.

Well I see it as somebody of the (Euro) colonies. I certainly identify with it. Nothing about Australias colonial past I am sorry about or ashamed of. If I was American I am sure I would feel the same.

Aemma
01-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not good at introductions...

Well let's just say that I'll reserve my judgment regarding the accuracy of your statement for the end ;)

Let's just also say that I haven't had the dubious pleasure for I am a member of the former category you see. ;)

Ah a shared appreciation of an honourable virtue it seems. Of course not that you were asking, but I would add that I also harbour a love-hate relationship when it comes to arrogance. Yet as time goes on I've become more appreciative of its comedic value especially with respect to the world of cyberspace.

My philosophy of life is based in the fusion of two concepts that are at the roots of my own Identity and Tradition. The Ancient societies of the Gentilitas, based on continued blood family links of Clann, Lineage or Stirpes and with a strong attachment to the soil, on the one hand. (This is not to be confused with the modernist blood and soil (or blut und boden) movements, to which it is most unrelated.) On the other hand the Classic society of the Romanitas, based on extended family links, which compliments the Gentilitas adding a different spiritual level to it.

Having said this, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the largest post that I ever made in The Apricity Forum.

Much as I would like to, I don't have time to take part on many discussions outside my own forum, Stirpes (http://stirpes.net).

Hmm as for the rest, well it's an interesting choice of bait, not novel mind you but interesting nonetheless. But I shan't bite. I've no interest in it to be quite honest. I myself find it to be, to echo your own words, uninteresting, little and boring.

So in terms of assessing the accuracy of your first statement, you being good or not at introductions, I would say that in the main, I've read better, but I've also read worse. In the end, it's left me feeling a bit, how shall I say, "meh!"

Despite all of this, welcome to The Apricity, Sucellos. Please do look around and feel free to post at your leisure. I hope you find our home pleasing.

Aemma...the Canadian :eek:

Ivory
01-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Well I know for sure were definitely not as religious as Americans. I wouldn't say we're much different stock-wise.
You need to think again on that count, mate. Compare and contrast our very different histories, often very different sources of mass immigration, different social conditions for those immigrants on arrival in Australia, different demographics of British/Irish settlers etc etc, and I think that you will find "stock-wise" we are... well... very different. ;)

Absinthe
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi there!

You and Phleggy must be the *most* misunderstood people of our small online meeting places, ever.

Much as I don't always agree with your viewpoint, I can't help but attribute cult dimensions to your unique sarcasm and politically incorrect sense of humor...especially Phleggy's - I am more of a Phleggy fan, no offence :D

I also understand that much of your dismay has stemmed from the fact that you have been wrongly accused, used as a scapegoat and gossiped about once to many, by newbies who don't even know who you are, and just spell out your name like it is synonymous to the Devil's name :p

Anyway, my dealings with you in the past have been fair and straight forward and I consider you to be a honest person.
That been said, I don't always agree (or should I say, almost never :p) with your attitude towards perceived as well as real enemys. :)

Welcome. I am looking forward to some heated debates ;)

:writing_thinking:

Loki
01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Anyway, my dealings with you in the past have been fair and straight forward and I consider you to be a honest person.

I can say the same.

The Lawspeaker
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I just looked at your introduction. Nah.. no welcome from me.

Vulpix
02-08-2010, 09:01 AM

Now that's pretty rude :.......

Welcome Sucellos!

The Lawspeaker
02-08-2010, 09:03 AM
No more rude then his introduction was. Have you read it ? It was pretty insulting.

Hrimskegg
02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
No more rude then his introduction was. Have you read it ? It was pretty insulting.

Indeed. I would concur with him when he says he isn't very good at introductions, i.e. the art of making a good impression. On the other hand, I hope he finds this forum engaging and productive and hopefully he'll come to see that it's not just Americans who casually share their lives here on the forum. In the future perhaps it would be advantageous for him to not be so demeaning in his rhetoric. Furthermore, I would counsel that in order to make friends and engender a frithful community that users on this forum should open up and share themselves with each other to strengthen the bonds we have here and to make the experience of this forum something that enriches all of our lives. To do otherwise is counterproductive and asinine.

Murphy
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Shame Menydh doesn't post here more often. There's always a lot of bitching against him, but 99% of the time, it is just bitching with no substance.

Regards,
The Papist.

Bridie
02-08-2010, 11:28 AM
No more rude then his introduction was. Have you read it ? It was pretty insulting.There's such a fine line between "insulting" and "enlightening" though, isn't there? :D

The Lawspeaker
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
There's such a fine line between "insulting" and "enlightening" though, isn't there? :D
:D Yap.. and his post crossed it.

Bridie
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
:D Yap.. and his post crossed it.Nah. I actually thought he did quite well to hold back to such a degree. He must have been trying to be diplomatic. :)

The Lawspeaker
02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
If that's diplomatic in his little world then I wonder what he would be like when he gets really obnoxious.

Rachel
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm not good at introductions but it is the least that you would expect from someone joining a new group of discussion. So I'll try, also in deference to our hosts, the owners of these forums.

Having said this, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the largest post that I ever made in The Apricity Forum. Much as I would like to, I don't have time to take part on many discussions outside my own forum, Stirpes (http://stirpes.net).

p.s.

Welcome, while i do not know you nor agree with your inital statements i ask that you look around and be a little open minded ( as we americans say! ) and try to be meaningful in your endevors here at the Apricity, i think you'll find your views change if you look at things from a diffren angle.

just my 0.02
Rachel

The Ripper
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Welcome, while i do not know you

i think you'll find your views change if you look at things from a diffren angle.

:D

While it is a pity Sucellos has not been more active here, his presence is comforting nonetheless. ;)

Murphy
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome, while i do not know you nor agree with your inital statements i ask that you look around and be a little open minded ( as we americans say! ) and try to be meaningful in your endevors here at the Apricity, i think you'll find your views change if you look at things from a diffren angle.

just my 0.02
Rachel

This is of course working under the assumption that his views are in need of change.

Regards,
The Papist.

Rachel
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
This is of course working under the assumption that his views are in need of change.

Regards,
The Papist.

Hmm, i know my views have changed since joining and at first i did not think my views needed changing. Then again i am a stubborn American:thumb001:
And i think i am right 99.99% of the time. All the time.

Murphy
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Hmm, i know my views have changed since joining and at first i did not think my views needed changing. Then again i am a stubborn American:thumb001:
And i think i am right 99.99% of the time. All the time.

But you're not Sucellos.

Anyway, I agree with Sucellos on most things, except of course our opinions on Germanics. He thinks Germanics are spawned from a union between Adam and Satan, where as I think Germanics are spawned from a union between Eve and Satan.

It's quite divisive really, but we have a working relationship where we can see past this ;)!

Regards,
The Papist.

Bridie
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
^ Can you get rid of that sig Papist!! :( It's freaking me out. :icon_cry:

Murphy
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
^ Can you get rid of that sig Papist!! :( It's freaking me out. :(

But The Papist is no more, I am now Teh Kitteh Kat is Loki ever changes my name :D!

Regards,
The Papist.

Bridie
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Ah ok. :) Just don't bugger off on us. ;)

Druantia
03-09-2010, 10:46 PM

this is rather negitive, it makes me not want to introduce myself for fear of mockery. we are only trying to immerse ourselves within a already well established community, and that quite honestly can be a bit daunting and make us quite nervous, so yes we may babble as you so nicely put it because let's face it first impressions really do count and non of us newcomers want bad opinions thrown are way before we've even got one foot through the door. we're only trying to be open and honest about ourselves to prove that we're friends not foe, and your there belittling us for it "charming, truly charming".
this all from a man that is obviously well known within the cyber forum community and seems to have quite high standing within it, with friends more or less at the top of this hierarchical structured cyber society, with the pleasure of knowing you'll be excepted and valued as a member whether you give a good intro or not.
the view must be truly marvelous for you up there upon your high horse

Don
03-09-2010, 11:29 PM

Sabía que serías tú, no necesitaba leer más. Es más, no esperaba que lo desvelaras.

I knew who you were at that point.

Me honra tu presencia, por afinidad, no solo racial, sino en cuestión de principios y respeto a la virtudes, algo que, en estos tiempos, a pocos nos honra. Lamentablemente.

I'm honored to meet you again, Caballero.

Don
03-09-2010, 11:45 PM

Forgive-understand him/us.
He is Spaniard as me and, despite our impetus, we are noble and Europe wouldn't be the same -glorious, free (until recently) and magic- land for all of us if we, the Spaniards, wouldn't be an important part of that, who acted as expanders and protectors as the very same time. As elder brother, sometimes quite rude, I admit.
Forget Antwerpen and all that. Trust and understand us.

Beorn
03-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Europe wouldn't be the same -glorious, free (until recently) and magic- land for all of us if we, the Spaniards, wouldn't be an important part of that, who acted as expanders and protectors as the very same time.

I consider us British Islanders to have discovered the Americas first amongst the Europeans, but that fact aside, I would charge to wonder where Spain was when the battle of Tours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours) or the siege of Vienna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Vienna) was being fought? :D

Don
03-10-2010, 12:10 AM
;)
I consider us British Islanders to have discovered the Americas first amongst the Europeans, but that fact aside, I would charge to wonder where Spain was when the battle of Tours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours) or the siege of Vienna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Vienna) was being fought? :D
In the first one, regrouping in the mountains, preparing the reconquista while the old natives worshiped the stones and nature forces, as they always did, for the last time. 700 years of continuous fights of very few and ever-rebel men against the hordes of invaders from mauritania, arabia, mesopotamia, siria, nubia, algeria... that forged our identity and joined forever the swords to the arms of those borning conquerors of worlds.

And in the second one, Spain was everywhere, because in these times, everywhere was Spain ;)

About the discoveries of the british... seems they have some problems discovering things, even after being exposed recurrently to the lesson, like the dangerous and painful that are the Spaniard when enters into rage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cartagena_de_Indias

Poltergeist
03-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I see, two Capitanes Matamoros understand each other perfectly.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pDF7mqtAzNY/SoJVTf6sxFI/AAAAAAAAALE/QnxhOjoF69I/s400/Capit%C3%A1n+Matamoros.jpg

http://italophiles.com/images/comart25.jpg

Krampus
11-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Welcome

Prisoner Of Ice
11-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Wow, what a cunt.

Chieftain
11-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Welcome

...Did you just bump a three year old thread...?

Krampus
11-11-2013, 12:26 AM
...Did you just bump a three year old thread...?

:laugh: 5 year old thread actually

Svipdag
11-11-2013, 12:42 AM
You have started by making yourself obnoxious and adversarial. Where do you go from here ?

Svipdag
11-11-2013, 12:51 AM

Allow me to second that. I, for one, can do without your rudeness and boorishness, Sucellos.
UNWELCOME !