PDA

View Full Version : Classify Albanian-American journalist/media director, delegate

Chieftain
11-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Frank Shkreli, Albanian-American journalist for a decade(1974-1984) of 'Voice of America' later to be promoted as high counselor of the European division of 'Voice of America' for five years(1985-1990) whilst in the forwarding 4 year period(1990-1994) he served as the right hand of the director of the Eurasian division which spectated the events that lead to the end of the USSR, in the next decade(1994-2004) he was one of the first delegates of the US government in Albania, plus he was promoted as director of the european division of 'Voice of America'.

After retiring from his successful career, Frank Shkreli has been working in close ties with other albanian-americans in a non-profit organisation in the US that promotes albanian interests in the Balkans along with the well-known republican politicians Joseph Dioguardi and attorney Peter Lumaj(Italian-American and Albanian-American).

http://tribunashqiptare.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/frank_shkreli_tsh.jpg

http://gazetatelegraf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/franku-1.jpg

Frank's ancestors are originally from Shkrel, one of the 12 regions of the north-western highlands.

Chieftain
11-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Also, where could he fit except for Albania(Southern Europe) and Balkans(South-Eastern Europe)?

Drawing-slim
11-10-2013, 12:17 PM
He looks more like Austrian to me.
I tell you, all the people from shkreli (and I'm only assuming he has something to do with shkreli based on his last name) seem to be very intelligent, nice guys, and very successful. I know at least four people who originate from there and they all are very successful and intelligent.
A good example is Lumaj, during communist era all the odds in the world were stacked against him and he somehow managed to go to university study graduate risked his life jumping the border and ran for US senate seat.

Chieftain
11-10-2013, 12:29 PM
He looks more like Austrian to me.
I tell you, all the people from shkreli (and I'm only assuming he has something to do with shkreli based on his last name) seem to be very intelligent, nice guys, and very successful. I know at least four people who originate from there and they all are very successful and intelligent.
A good example is Lumaj, during communist era all the odds in the world were stacked against him and he somehow managed to go to university study graduate risked his life jumping the border and ran for US senate seat.

He does look Central European to me too, he seems South German, Austrian and Czech to me(considering that a good part of Czech people claim partial or full german ancestry).

Indeed he is from Shkrel as his surname suggests, and I know many other Albanian-Americans from Shkrel who have managed to be successful in their lives, some in politics, some in arts and some in other paths of life.

Peter was born and raised in Shkrel(I know him somehow since he originates from a nearby village to mine) and left for the US when he was around 24 years old, managed to graduate in a high quality college(Law) and became an attorney, than became even a politician, but as they say anything is possible in this world, even the world impossible is a bit controversary(IM POSSIBLE).

Drawing-slim
11-10-2013, 12:45 PM
He does look Central European to me too, he seems South German, Austrian and Czech to me(considering that a good part of Czech people claim partial or full german ancestry).

Indeed he is from Shkrel as his surname suggests, and I know many other Albanian-Americans from Shkrel who have managed to be successful in their lives, some in politics, some in arts and some in other paths of life.

Peter was born and raised in Shkrel(I know him somehow since he originates from a nearby village to mine) and left for the US when he was around 24 years old, managed to graduate in a high quality college(Law) and became an attorney, than became even a politician, but as they say anything is possible in this world, even the world impossible is a bit controversary(IM POSSIBLE).
Lumaj's story is much more impressive during those 24 years of his life in Albania. He was a genius student while in Albania, and most people here or even inside Albania can't comprehend what this guy had to go through and where shkreli is located or how difficult it was for him to peruse studies in Tirana, and how difficult it was just to move around from shkreli considering there were no buses and private cars and whatnot.
These shkreli people are true iron race. Im very very impressed by them. And Lumaj is not only an intelligent educated guy, but a very tough guy as well.

Kastrioti1443
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Dinarid with some CM. Balkanic , nothing central european, it is a common face everywhere in northern albania.

Drawing-slim
11-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Dinarid with some CM. Balkanic , nothing central european, it is a common face everywhere in northern albania.

In the first picture at older age he definitely could fit in Austria IMO.

Kastrioti1443
11-10-2013, 02:28 PM
In the first picture at older age he definitely could fit in Austria IMO.

I am not saying he can not fit in austria, i was saying that he looks what he is, he doesn't look germanic.