PDA

View Full Version : Do girls here find Nikola Tesla atractive? :D

kvarc
11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
188cm tall....in his time it was something like 2m today :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/9124/xaey.png

Sisak
11-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Yes, I do. This phenotype, together with the nordids those who have a square head are the most attractive in live.

armenianbodyhair
11-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I am not sure I'm on the fence about this one...but it's a strange thing to think about since he is dead.

Proctor
11-18-2013, 12:26 AM
He was a true legend, he apparently rejected women so he could focus on his work xD.

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 12:28 AM
188cm tall....in his time it was something like 2m today :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/9124/xaey.png

Albo in denial look at those pants :rolleyes:

Aerin
11-18-2013, 12:32 AM
No. Weird face.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Tesla_circa_1890.jpeg

Proctor
11-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Him younger:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Tesla_young_adjusted.JPG

gregorius
11-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Yes banggeableoid

Stefan_Dusan
11-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Albo in denial look at those pants :rolleyes:

Those are common Serb pants as well. From Croatia to Kosovo, whereas I doubt Tosks where them.

iNird
11-18-2013, 12:38 AM
I am not sure I'm on the fence about this one...but it's a strange thing to think about since he is dead.

Admit it, he looks good in the traditional Albanian pants.

;)

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Those are common Serb pants as well. From Croatia to Kosovo, whereas I doubt Tosks where them.
Ok whateve stop jacking our style :D

alb0zfinest
11-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Ok whateve stop jacking our style :D

Tosks wear them too. It is just more common for tosks to wear the fustanella, then that.

iNird
11-18-2013, 12:42 AM

This has been discussed here before but I will just say these pants are worn by 90% of Ghegs. While the amount of Serbs, Croats, Macedonians that wear them are in the minority.

Stefan_Dusan
11-18-2013, 12:44 AM
This has been discussed here before but I will just say these pants are worn by 90% of Ghegs. While the amount of Serbs, Croats, Macedonians that wear them are in the minority.

What do you mean by 90% of Ghegs? You mean as traditional costumes? In that case you will see these pants appear in all Serbian regional styles. See this old paint of Serb migration:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Menekulo_szerbek.JPG

iNird
11-18-2013, 12:47 AM
What do you mean by 90% of Ghegs? You mean as traditional costumes? In that case you will see these pants appear in all Serbian regional styles. See this old paint of Serb migration:

Meaning 90% of ghegs have traditionally worn them (the number might be a bit exagerated.)

What you posted is a picture based on the painter's interpretation of Slavic Migration. No offense but I find it hard to imagine slavic hordes dressed like that.

:D

alb0zfinest
11-18-2013, 12:47 AM

The guy in the front looks like a real gheg highlander that was Serbanized. Even with the mustache, the clothes (not just the pants).

Colonel Frank Grimes
11-18-2013, 12:52 AM
From Tesla to fashion... that was quick.

iNird
11-18-2013, 12:53 AM

Welcome to the balkans. Next there will be an argument on his ethnicity.

Tesla was a Croat.

alb0zfinest
11-18-2013, 12:54 AM

We balkanians may act tough, but when it comes to fashion, its really important :D

Stefan_Dusan
11-18-2013, 12:55 AM
The guy in the front looks like a real gheg highlander that was Serbanized. Even with the mustache, the clothes (not just the pants).

What about the clothes? He is wool cape, and wool hat which is very common in Serbian regional costume far away from Albanian contacts. As to moustache, it was common style back then across everyone, just look at the guy on the horse to the left (red).

alb0zfinest
11-18-2013, 12:56 AM
What about the clothes? He is wool cape, and wool hat which is very common in Serbian regional costume far away from Albanian contacts. As to moustache, it was common style back then across everyone, just look at the guy on the horse to the left (red).

The wool cape is quite common too. The hat though, yeah that isn't worn.

Stefan_Dusan
11-18-2013, 02:43 AM
What you posted is a picture based on the painter's interpretation of Slavic Migration. No offense but I find it hard to imagine slavic hordes dressed like that.

:D

Well first it's a Serb migration not a "Slavic" Migration. Serbs are a specific group and we have our own costumes that other slavs don't have. You expect Slavs from Macedonia to Russia to all have same traditional costumes :D But someone here posted Polish Gorals and they weirdly had similar pants. But in reality this is probably a fashion introduced during Ottoman times. You won't find pictures of it before Ottomans came.

Anyways, back to topic, I remember reading in his biography that Tesla was considered very attractive back in the day and had many woman admirers from famous families seeking his attention. In the end, he was too shy, too uncaring, and too awkward to develop relationship. I also don't see anything wrong with pics posted in this thread. For current standards, he'd be average at worse and probably considered good looking.

Atlantic Islander
11-18-2013, 02:52 AM
I do.

Alenka
11-18-2013, 03:17 AM
Yes. :amour101:

I heard he wasn't interested in matters of flesh and love though. Too bad.

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Yes. :amour101:

I heard he wasn't interested in matters of flesh and love though. Too bad. did he die a virgin?

Sarmatian
11-18-2013, 03:39 AM

If not taking pants into account the guy at the front could be Zaporojian Cossack or some Polish nobleman. Take your highlander claims on something else :rolleyes:

rhiannon
11-18-2013, 03:45 AM
He's alright.

alb0zfinest
11-18-2013, 03:52 AM
If not taking pants into account the guy at the front could be Zaporojian Cossack or some Polish nobleman. Take your highlander claims on something else :rolleyes:

Well the pants, made quite the difference, but he does look like a typical gheg highlander. When I said he was Serbianized I was just kidding, so calm your balkan mentality.

meralodem
11-18-2013, 04:27 AM
I kinda fall in love with guys who fall in love with me, so dont know how this legendary nerd could spare time to fall in love with me :D

Stefan_Dusan
11-18-2013, 12:25 PM

I read that many Serbian customes, and even military tradition has strange similarities to Cossacks. For example the Serbian tradition of fighting from horseback (huszar,guszar) is very similar to that of Cossacks and no one else. I'm not sure if Cossacks existed back in 600s, but I have read that Serbs as people might have been "Cossacks." For what it's worth, Serbs (and Hrvats) were the only slavic people to come to Byzantine on invitation and with already established identity. The mass of slavic people who fled into Byzantine after their existing lords were killed by Huns/Avars fled to safer land so they could resume farming. Serbs however were invited by Byzantines to rule these slavs, defend against Huns/Avars. As it were Serbs were distinguished as they were warriors in military tradition when they set up mini-kingdoms in Balkans. Later these mini-kingdoms would unite, subdue the Bulgarian empire and destroy the Byzantine Empire before Ottoman Empire finally absorbed the fragments of these kingdoms, weakened from internal fighting. But again, Serbs were the first people of Balkan to rebel and get their freedom from Ottoman.

The hussars reportedly originated in bands of mostly Serbian warriors [10] crossing into southern Hungary after the Turkish invasion of Serbia at the end of the 14th century. The Governor of Hungary, John Hunyadi, created mounted units inspired by his enemy the Ottoman Turks. His son, Matthias Corvinus, later king of Hungary, is unanimously accepted as the creator of these troops. Initially they fought in small bands, but were reorganised into larger, trained, formations during the reign of King Matthias Corvinus.[11][12]
So the first hussar regiments were the light cavalry of the Black Army of Hungary. Under his command the hussars took part in the war against the Ottoman Empire in 1485 and proved successful against the Turkish Spahis as well as against Bohemians and Poles. After the king's death in 1490, hussars remained the preferred form of cavalry in Hungary. The Habsburg emperors hired Hungarian hussars as mercenaries to serve against the Ottoman Empire and on various battlefields throughout Western Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussar

Both Hungarians and Turks made use of these Serb cavalry. And both proved critical in battle (unfortunately when it was on side of Turks), for example Serbian cavalry saved the sultanate ruling family from Tamerlane who remarked: Serbs fight like lions.

Shkembe Chorba
11-24-2013, 08:08 PM
No problemo, Balkan sis, you can adore his Bulgarian-turbo-folk-artist-identical-twin uncle Milko Kalaidjiev:

http://stmost.info/images/stories/2010/33snimki/milko.jpg

And his evergreen hit-song "Chickens, come to the big brother":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_gp3jSqBOk

And he is alive as fuck!

dralos
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
No problemo, Balkan sis, you can adore his Bulgarian-turbo-folk-artist-identical-twin uncle Mitko Kalaidjiev:

http://stmost.info/images/stories/2010/33snimki/milko.jpg

And his evergreen hit-song "Chickens, come to the big brother":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_gp3jSqBOk

And he is alive as fuck!
ahahaahah one of the best comment

Trun
11-24-2013, 08:17 PM
No problemo, Balkan sis, you can adore his Bulgarian-turbo-folk-artist-identical-twin uncle Mitko Kalaidjiev:

OMG YOU MISTOOK THE NAME OF THE LEGEND!

Now a Turkish hairy male belly dancer will visit you at midnight! :scared::icon_eyes:

Shkembe Chorba
11-24-2013, 08:22 PM
OMG YOU MISTOOK THE NAME OF THE LEGEND!

Now a Turkish hairy male belly dancer will visit you at midnight! :scared::icon_eyes:
Ops, will fix it.

Mistaking the name of The Republic's moustache, should be criminalized.

Shkembe Chorba
11-24-2013, 08:23 PM
double post.

Lemminkäinen
11-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Why girls would like about something with girls' first name and car's name as last name? I dont understand.

TheMaestro
11-12-2021, 12:59 PM
Why girls would like about something with girls' first name and car's name as last name? I dont understand.

Lemminkäinen Moskvitch would get you alot of girls or Lemminkäinen Lada.

Lemminkäinen
11-12-2021, 01:23 PM
Lemminkäinen Moskvitch would get you alot of girls or Lemminkäinen Lada.

Are Alfa Romeo and Man too toxic today? 🤔

TheMaestro
11-12-2021, 01:55 PM
Are Alfa Romeo and Man too toxic today? ��

So an Italian beauty unreliable car and a Truck? You have a truck? XD I love MAN's. Alfa Romeo made a nice 124 spider recently.

Lemminkäinen
11-12-2021, 02:28 PM
So an Italian beauty unreliable car and a Truck? You have a truck? XD I love MAN's. Alfa Romeo made a nice 124 spider recently.

Yet I don't understand why Nikola Tesla is so popular in America. His inventions were stupid and not applicable. Tesla was doomed to fail. His doomday's device proved that he didn't understand principles, rather searched experiences without understanding.