PDA

View Full Version : Why do you hate Christianity?

Gorštak
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Is it because it is responsible for fall of Rome and old beatiful civilisations, and people again become caveman and we had to wait for hundreds of years later to Europeans say screw you Pope and

inquisition together with your Christianity principles, from new we will only have
Christmas tree(what is actually Pagan) from Christianity, and even that is too much?

Trun
11-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Is it because it is responsible for fall of Rome and old beatiful civilisations

Rome flourished after Christianity became the official religion (under the name Byzantine Empire).

Proctor
11-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Lel, still a better religion than Islam. Even with these points your argument is weak.

Gorštak
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I wonder how many people were killed just because they didn't wanted to be Christians, or they were considered heretics.
Conquistadors were such a charismatic missionaries, "you natives no Christ?", "kill them all and burn everything, caramba".

Hoca
11-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Europe was in dark-ages, all ancient knowledge was gone, it was only because of the Arab writings about Ancient Knowledge that the Byzantines translated and brought to Rome that the enlightenment in Europe began. The middle-east never witnessed enlightenment because when the Arabs invaded Persia they burned all the books.

Óttar
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again. I have antipathy for Christianity for the same reason I condemn other Abrahamic monotheisms. Abrahamic monotheism is the origin of religious intolerance. Abrahamic religion regards the worship of other gods to be the worst crime, worse than rape and murder, and has often justified the murder of polytheists. Abrahamism stifles and strangles people's sexuality and libidinous energies, calling them sinful. Polytheistic cultures believe/d in a world full of gods and spirits, such that there were many different ways to conceive of the Divine, as masculine, feminine, neuter, anthropomorphic or otherwise. All gods may be accommodated within a polytheistic framework.

The belief that all gods are aspects of One Absolute Principle is a theological position known as Monism, which can be found as one of many possible theological positions within the framework of 'Hinduism.' Monism also existed during the Hellenistic period in Greece, Rome and Egypt. Monism should not be confused with strict monotheism.

Christianity cut us off from our classical heritage. While Charlemagne did much to revive certain aspects of classical learning, our connection to a living, unbroken tradition, and our pre-Christian gods, customs and beliefs, was irrevocably severed. With the killing off of our pre-Christian and pre-Islamic belief systems, and the rise of Abrahamic hegemony, humanity has lost something huge, and has been left with a spiritual gap which will never be filled again.

Gorštak
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
And are you aware that most of your ancestors didn't become Christians because they liked it or even understand it, a lot of them becomed Christians just because they lived in society where it was dangerous to not worship Jew Jesus.
And yes, it could be said for Muslims also, many people becomed Muslims just because they lived in part of world where it was easier to live as Muslim, not because they understood Allah's greatness.
So most of you proud Muslims and proud Christians are pathetic, your ancestors who converted probably didn't even know

in what they got involved.
Though I must say, it was much easier to live as non Muslim in Islamic world, especially if you were "People of the Book" than to live as non Christian in Christians world.
People liked to play with fire in those days, especially on heretics bodies.

StonyArabia
11-12-2013, 09:30 PM
It's the religion that made my ancestors on both sides live in a diaspora. I think that's enough to dislike it.

curupira
11-12-2013, 09:58 PM
What I don't like about it is basically the same what I don't like about Judaism and Islam: dogmatic approach, irrationality, apocalyptical way of viewing the future, etc. Christianity may lead to fanaticism, just like Judaism and Islam can. Science flourished in Western Europe and elsewhere not because of Christianity and other Semitic inspired religious influences, but in spite of them. They're basically three faces of the same thing.

noman.rasheed
11-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I love Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him)

Prisoner Of Ice
11-12-2013, 10:26 PM
People only hate christianity out of jealousy. Especially atheists. I never see them browbeating some buddhist monk....

Also
11-12-2013, 10:36 PM
This topic is full of ignorance of history and Christianity.

FaeAus
11-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Because Christianity is fake and gay.

Shah-Jehan
11-12-2013, 11:04 PM
I don't hate Christianity, I am not a Jew...

Rudel
11-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Is it because it is responsible for fall of Rome and old beatiful civilisations, and people again become caveman and we had to wait for hundreds of years later to Europeans say screw you Pope and

inquisition together with your Christianity principles, from new we will only have
Christmas tree(what is actually Pagan) from Christianity, and even that is too much?
- The fall of Rome is to be blamed on having the center of gravity of the Empire moving towards the Danube, ultimately Constantinople. Christianity has nothing to do with it.
- We didn't live in caves from 476 to 1789. You obviously have absolutely no knowledge of history whatsoever.

Europe was in dark-ages, all ancient knowledge was gone, it was only because of the Arab writings about Ancient Knowledge that the Byzantines translated and brought to Rome that the enlightenment in Europe began.
No. Absolutely no.
I won't ever go at length to explain it, because I have to do it all the time and it just sickens me out to repeat again and again and again (not necessarily on TA).
So just : no, you're wrong, you're speaking out of your ass.

It's just one of those days on which I can't take it anymore on TA. It's as everyone decided to purportedly spurt diarrhea all over the place and congratulate around it.

Methmatician
11-13-2013, 12:53 AM
'cause the Bible.