PDA

View Full Version : Your Parents Are Perverts!!!!!111!!!

Beorn
11-01-2009, 03:49 AM
...Or so this report suggests. Apparently the glorious Labour Government deems us parents to justify our reasoning for attending children's playgrounds with our children, or face the consequences of being thought a nonce.

Row over parents playground ban

A council in Hertfordshire has banned parents from two council-run adventure playgrounds because they have not been Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checked.

Watford Borough Council wrote to parents and carers saying adults without a CRB check would have to be supervised by vetted playworkers.
The letter said it had no option but to ban all adults including parents and carers from the two sites.
It said this was no different to other groups like brownies and cubs.

'Sick joke'

The Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate for Watford said the decision was "ludicrous".
Richard Harrington said: "The council has made the decision that parents are no longer allowed to play with their children in the play areas and that children will be cared for by 'qualified and police vetted play rangers'.
"It's a sick joke. This is a case of creating problems where there are none."
The council said the restriction only applies to its Harwoods and Harebreaks adventure playgrounds.

'Risky and challenging'

The elected mayor of Watford Dorothy Thornhill said the authority has faced criticism from a dozen or so parents.
She added: "The letter from a senior community playworker to parents was a bit like a sledgehammer to crack a nut but councils are in the front line and vilified if they don't take these sorts of measures."
Ms Thornhill said of the two adventure playgrounds where the parents had been asked to leave: "This is not a playground we're talking about but a unique gated and fenced facility where quite risky and challenging activities take place."

She said the Harebreaks playground had never allowed adults to stay and the Harwood site had had a core of half a dozen parents who insisted on staying with their children.
It had distracted staff from adequately supervising the children leading to a series of incidents, Ms Thornhill said.
A council statement said: "We are aware that there may be circumstances where there is a need for a parent or carer to stay on site.
"If parents aren't happy leaving their children - there are lots of other options open to them."

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8331446.stm)

Loxias
11-01-2009, 04:05 AM
It sounds like a joke, I can't believe paranoia has reached such high levels. The only thing this kind of thing does is instil fear of the adult as an aggressor in children. When they should see the adult as an help to grow up, imo.
I wonder how that generation will end up...

Beorn
11-01-2009, 04:13 AM
The generation will grow up cowed and obedient; scared and nullified to the greater danger perceived to be present in society.

A perfect example of this I experienced today. A friend of my partner came round early to my house to pick her children up. I invited her in and we got chatting. I asked her if she was going to go Trick or Treating with her children tonight, or indeed let her children go out and enjoy the communal activities that are usually on. she replied that she was too scared to let her children out of her sight. They may be snatched by nonces and perverts, and she may never see them again.

No ounce of sense or elder experience would dissuade her from this mindset, and this is the parent of a future generation!!

Britain is becoming 1984 quicker than one could possibly imagine.

Loxias
11-01-2009, 04:15 AM
That's quite terrible indeed, ranges in the same fucked up category as people walking their children on a leash. :(