11-15-2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah, somewhat.

Rudel
11-15-2013, 12:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JR0WC61.png

Yes.

Krystal Meth
11-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Haven't played the newest one (my PC is probably too crappy for it) but I enjoy EUIII. I'm not particularly great though, usually play as the bigger countries...

Rudel
11-15-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm not particularly great though, usually play as the bigger countries...
Playing France, Burgundy, Austria and the likes is just cheating, really.

Methmatician
11-15-2013, 12:56 PM
I cheat regardless. For the first year I had EU3 I didn't know you could change the settings and that there were cheats so I played honestly and I never accomplished much :(

RandoBloom
11-17-2013, 07:25 AM
I am doing the Granada challenge for last few days, any tips?

armenianbodyhair
11-17-2013, 07:42 AM
No, I know people that play it, what do you think of it, Hrulj, is it worth playing? The people who I know who do it are pretty obsessed.

Methmatician
11-17-2013, 07:44 AM
The people who I know who do it are pretty obsessed.

If you're in to strategy it's usually inevitable.

armenianbodyhair
11-17-2013, 07:48 AM
If you're in to strategy it's usually inevitable.

I am. Should I start with the fourth version or are the other ones easier to learn on.

RandoBloom
11-17-2013, 07:49 AM
No, I know people that play it, what do you think of it, Hrulj, is it worth playing? The people who I know who do it are pretty obsessed.

If you like strategies Paradox games are the best for that.
The fourth one is the best so far

Methmatician
11-17-2013, 07:59 AM
I am. Should I start with the fourth version or are the other ones easier to learn on.

I think they're all quite complicated at first. It took me longer than usual to be able to play with a decent amount of proficiency. But that's just me. I guess you should just get the newest unless you have a special preference for any of the others.

Rudel
11-17-2013, 02:51 PM
EU IV is easier.

Peyrol
11-17-2013, 02:58 PM
EU4 sucks.

EU3 Divine Wind with many MODS (Magna Mundi, Terra Universalis, Markenos Mod) was 10000 times better than eu4.

Rudel
11-17-2013, 03:02 PM
EU4 sucks.

EU3 Divine Wind with many MODS (Magna Mundi, Terra Universalis, Markenos Mod) was 10000 times better than eu4.

EU3 with so much mods is an unplayable clusterfuck.

RandoBloom
11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
EU4 sucks.

Those arent mods, that can be classified as separate games with same engine :D
Mods suck

Belenos
11-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Should I start with the fourth version or are the other ones easier to learn on.[/QUOTE]

This one is easier to understand and enjoy. The tutorial is better than the others and the gameplay has been reworked to be more dynamic.

Prisoner Of Ice
11-22-2013, 06:18 AM

In divine wind it's a lot like cheating, but playing burgundy before then was a pretty good challenge. France would be on your ass constantly and regenerating stability and war exhaustion and manpower was hard.

Moscovy was good, too. Now those two are the most broken, and the changes in IV will look to continue the same lousy path.

Rudel
11-22-2013, 06:56 AM
In divine wind it's a lot like cheating, but playing burgundy before then was a pretty good challenge. France would be on your ass constantly and regenerating stability and war exhaustion and manpower was hard.

Moscovy was good, too. Now those two are the most broken, and the changes in IV will look to continue the same lousy path.
As I remember EU3 before DW (I think I started playing back when In Nomine was the last expansion), Burgundy could become a power house as long as you managed to catch France earlier on. After that, yeah, you doomed to die to the blob.
Anyway, you can always correct the dynamics of individual countries with mods and tweaking. I think that the overall engine and gameplay of EU4 is still a better platform than EU3.
I haven't played much since the launch of the game though, I was waiting to see the modding teams get their shit together. I should go back to it sometime.
I've been playing much more CKII, honestly (the Old Gods DLC allowing you to start during the IXth century, it is absolutely awesome if you play a Carolingian. A shitload of opportunities).