PDA

View Full Version : Folkstorm album out now!

Laudanum
11-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Psychonaut asked me to make this thread, so I did.:P

My first album is out now on digipack!

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/48/l_1d6c880f3e7e4e109e47a6d5144d8977.jpg

And here's a flyer:
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/60/l_5b476e49b0c64ca189086889af26526d.jpg

Get it at www.myspace.com/thornlaceration !
www.myspace.com/folkstorm14

Tabiti
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I know another Folkstorm:
J7xfprxPbAI. However, it's not the same genre as you, so you're not going to be accused of stealing their name;)

As for your project is it single project only. The drums are programmed as I hear.
Is it your debut work? Color digipack is a great beginning;)

Laudanum
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I know another Folkstorm:
J7xfprxPbAI. However, it's not the same genre as you, so you're not going to be accused of stealing their name;)

Yes I know that Folkstorm.;)

Absinthe
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Yes, I was going to say that...maybe you ought to revise your name in order to avoid confusion? :)

Svarog
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Awesome, I'll buy a copy, looks as if you're a one man band, anyhow if not, if you wanna do a gig together mail me, we'll do a mini tour soon in Europe, can hook you up - maybe, don't wanna promise anything

Laudanum
11-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Awesome, I'll buy a copy, looks as if you're a one man band, anyhow if not, if you wanna do a gig together mail me, we'll do a mini tour soon in Europe, can hook you up - maybe, don't wanna promise anything

Folkstorm doesn't play live, thanks anyway. ;)

Yes, I was going to say that...maybe you ought to revise your name in order to avoid confusion? :)

NO, I have tried many bandnames, and there will always be a band which has a similar name or the same name, I don't care anymore.:p

Tabiti
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Better don't spend much money for BM gigs in that part of the world. I have some experience with that :D

Svarog
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Folkstorm doesn't play live, thanks anyway. ;)

Ah, Bathory syndrome :(

Well, good luck :thumb001:

Svarog
11-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Better don't spend much money for BM gigs in that part of the world. I have some experience with that :D

Tell me about it - I payed 40 euros for Night Conquer's Day - The First Snowfall BUT it is a pretty rare copy, I see they go expensive even now on ebay!! :eek:

Tabiti
11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Tell me about it - I payed 40 euros for Night Conquer's Day - The First Snowfall BUT it is a pretty rare copy, I see they go expensive even now on ebay!! :eek:
I have friends who organized BM gigs here (well known Underground bands) but no fans at all. People prefer Dimmu Borgir, Marduk, Gorgoroth and similar stuff and pay double money to see them. So, if you're going to organize any more Underground gig look for something cheaper;)

Svarog
11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
So, this is offtopic but it does keeps his thread on top so people don't miss it

We did a festival, pretty much an 'elite' of European UG, tickets were cheap, spent loads of money on everything, bought a public space for two days, stage equipment, all of that shit, around 1 000 people show up, there were plenty of Romanians and Bulgarians too, but, bands like Ancient and Belphegor were headliners - friend had to sell his car to cover the costs - 1 000 people - that is a disgrace, tickets were literally worth 5 packs of cigarettes and 5 beers - story of HellHammer fest it is.

Humanophage
11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Not bad at all, fine atmospheric and depressive BM; somewhat more diverse than usual. Reminds me a bit of Vinterriket, Troglodytic, A Winter Lost, et al.

I like these bands, but a question arises about the lack of distinctive characteristics exclusive to the music of a particular band. It's not fun when one struggles to separate songs by different bands from one another.

I think that some sort of a distinguishing element is needed. For instance, I've always found the vocal style used by Rundagor (http://www.myspace.com/rundagor) (largely clean, but with great echo effects making them unintelligible) unusual and pleasing; perhaps you would be interested in incorporating something like that in your songs? There's no point in originality for its own sake, but I'm sure you have plenty of ideas - don't be afraid to experiment.