PDA

View Full Version : Clarification

SilverFish
11-02-2009, 02:23 AM
What subrace has features such as a steep forehead and a prominent bulge from the top of the parietal lobe?

Like this? Please excuse my terrible drawings. :)

Sol Invictus
11-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Cro-Magnid.

SilverFish
11-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Cro-Magnid.

Of course it is Cro-magnid. But I was referring to what subrace? Or more specifically common...

Sol Invictus
11-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Of course it is Cro-magnid. But I was referring to what subrace? Or more specifically common...

Google Society for Nordish Physical Anthropology and look up the information they have there. It's a useful site.

SilverFish
11-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Thanks.

I looked there many times but there has been no mention of steep forehead and prominent bulge on top of parietal lobe at all.

Sol Invictus
11-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Thanks.

I looked there many times but there has been no mention of steep forehead and prominent bulge on top of parietal lobe at all.

They often have pictures attached to each of the subraces they profile. The best thing you can do, really, is look at the pictures and compare. Make your best estimation for yourself, and just do a bit more research. Barreldriver is an Anthropology student, I believe, so maybe he can help you out a bit better when he comes across this thread.

good luck.

Vulpix
11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Google Society for Nordish Physical Anthropology and look up the information they have there. It's a useful site.

Google it? There's a link down on the right-hand side :D...

Franz
11-15-2009, 04:42 AM
The depression behind bregma on the cross section of the sagittal and coronal sutures can in a way look like a bulge which is said to be found in Negroes. None of the Cro-Magnon skulls I ever saw have that trait you described. Do you have an example?

SilverFish
11-15-2009, 04:44 AM
The depression behind bregma on the cross section of the sagittal and coronal sutures can in a way look like a bulge which is said to be found in Negroes. None of the Cro-Magnon skulls I ever saw have that trait you described. Do you have an example?

Yes mine. I would like to take a picture of it one day and maybe I'll do it tonight but before I came to this board, I thought I had negro admixture.

I don't look negro at the least.

Borrebies also have this quality. They have that tentlike vault.

Franz
11-15-2009, 05:06 AM
A picture should verify it capturing your nose and jaw. Eyes would help. Are you bald?

I don't know what you mean by tent-like vault. Borrebies have large round heads with a steep forehead but not a bulge on top.

SilverFish
11-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Look at Dr. Phil, and I will pm you my pictures in 2 minutes about the bulge on top of my head.

Franz
11-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Dr. Phil's head doesn't have a bump. He is Caucasoid mostly but has oblique eyes so he is Mongliformed.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/la/brooks_and_dunn_3_050808/dr_phil_mcgraw_2010296.jpg

Franz
11-15-2009, 05:48 AM
You look like a British American. Atlanto-Mediterrianid is predominant with your long sloping head with a foetalized influence which we can call Alpino-Bruenn. Certainly you are not Negroid.

Franz
11-15-2009, 05:57 AM
To your question, Alpinid as people like to call it is noticeable by nasal concavity.