PDA

View Full Version : Mea Shearim Israeli

curupira
11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I was surfing the net looking at pictures of the ultra-orthodox neighbourhood of Mea Shearim, in Jerusalem, and I stumbled upon this Israeli. Can he pass for anything else other than "Semitic"?

Mea Shearim (Hebrew: מאה שערים‎, lit. "hundred gates") is one of the oldest Jewish neighborhoods in Jerusalem, Israel. It is populated mainly by Haredi Jews and was built by the original settlers of the Yishuv haYashan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mea_Shearim

http://i43.tinypic.com/11ug96u.jpg

curupira
11-22-2013, 11:16 AM
bump

The funny thing is... Jesus Christ himself could have looked like that! :) Certainly it is much more likely he looked like that than the "aryan" found all over European churches! :)

YeshAtid
11-22-2013, 11:17 AM
East med-armenoid.

StonyArabia
11-22-2013, 11:19 AM
He can pass as Semite only maybe something from the South of Caucasus, but that's pushing it. Of course Jesus would have looked similar to the Semites from the Levant than the Aryan proto-type. Some say he was blond and even so it does not mean much imao.

Smeagol
11-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Semitic predominantly with East Mediterranid influence.

Mehmet
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
bump

The funny thing is... Jesus Christ himself could have looked like that! :) Certainly it is much more likely he looked like that than the "aryan" found all over European churches! :)

No. Jesus has brown-red-blond mixed hair and green-gray mixed eyes.
Fair skin.
That's how Muslim sources describe him. Very European looking man.

Chosen men tend to be white looking.

e.g. The Prophet (Muhammed) was a white Arab. When he used to stand among people; he was recognized and sorted out through his lighter skin tone; uncovered parts of his body was olive (like his face or arms), covered parts of his body were white and pink. His physical appearance is explained in details in Hadith books.

curupira
11-22-2013, 10:36 PM
No. Jesus has brown-red-blond mixed hair and green-gray mixed eyes.
Fair skin.

Jesus was Jewish, and he lived in Israel. It is far more likely that he would resemble that Israeli from Mea Shearim (an exaggerated distinctive Near Eastern/Jewish type) than the depictions we see of him in European churches.