PDA

View Full Version : Best calculators and tools/programs

Sizzo
11-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Which ones are the best for a clear determination of our ancestry? Is 23&Me the best labo?

Gospodine
11-26-2013, 12:11 PM
I think most people would say: get started with 23andme; then take your raw data to Professor McDonald and GEDMatch to make more sense of your results. FTDNA/DNA Tribes are somewhat dubious.

Sizzo
11-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I think most people would say: get started with 23andme; then take your raw data to Professor McDonald and GEDMatch to make more sense of your results. FTDNA/DNA Tribes are somewhat dubious.

Yes, already done. Is McDonald the most reliable?

MfA_
11-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Yes, already done. Is McDonald the most reliable?

There is no the most, the best, like many things in life.. At the end It is relative for each individuals..I assume you are already overwhelmed by all the results you have from various tests, give it a time and digest it in time.. You'll get a clearer image in time.. Tools are tools and you need the information and knowledge of what to do with it and make reason..

Sizzo
11-26-2013, 12:36 PM
There is no the most, the best, like many things in life.. At the end It is relative for each individuals..I assume you are already overwhelmed by all the results you have from various tests, give it a time and digest it in time.. You'll get a clearer image in time..

Well these results look conflicting sometimes but of course give a general idea about the subject. It's normal asking about the most reliable tool for ancestry.

Jackson
11-26-2013, 12:42 PM

FTDNA is reliable, although more focused on lineages than autosomal ancestry - You can upload FTDNA data to GEDmatch so that's fine.