PDA

View Full Version : Kosovo's first highway to open Wednesday

KrashNick
11-26-2013, 03:12 PM
http://images.botasot.info/uploads/largea_autostrada_prishtine021351880047.jpg

As of Wednesday morning travelers in Kosovo will be able to use a brand new highway, the first in the country

The first highway, named after the first president of Kosovo Ibrahim Rugova, built in Kosovo will be open to traffic from Wednesday morning.
The construction of the highway started in 2010, and was supported by the American-Turkish consortium Bechtel & Enka GP.
The highway starts from the border with Albania in Morin, south of Kosovo, and reaches the border with Serbia in Merdare, north Kosovo.
Even though there are no official data about the costs of this highway, some experts estimate the cost to be over one billion Euro.

Geni
11-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Urime ,urime..

HellLander87
11-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Nice but it seems constructed with cheap inferior materials.I doubt if it will be passable after 2 years.But then again in kosovo there are not so many cars it may make it to 3.
Good job kosovo.:thumb001:

La Misse
11-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Urime :D

La Misse
11-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Nice but it seems constructed with cheap inferior materials.I doubt if it will be passable after 2 years.But then again in kosovo there are not so many cars it may make it to 3.

Panta me to kalo logo sto stoma eisai... Mhn mas ta prizeis kai des thn doulia sou. Toulaxiston eki kati kanoun gia to law den tous xreonoun mexrei to lemo me dania stou germanous san thn ellada :lol:

Geia sou twra!

KrashNick
11-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Blah Blah Blah...
Good job Kosovo.:thumb001:

Yeah i know :D

HellLander87
11-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Panta me to kalo logo sto stoma eisai... Mhn mas ta prizeis kai des thn doulia sou. Toulaxiston eki kati kanoun gia to law den tous xreonoun mexrei to lemo me dania stou germanous san thn ellada :lol:

Geia sou twra!
^^Greek in denial.joking is good for health:)

La Misse
11-26-2013, 03:29 PM
^^Greek in denial.joking is good for health:)

Yeah sure.

alb0zfinest
11-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Nice but it seems constructed with cheap inferior materials.I doubt if it will be pastsable after 2 years.But then again in kosovo there are not so many cars it may make it to 3.
If it cost around 1 billion euros somehow i doubt its made our of cheap material.

P.S: despite the fact Kosovo is poor a very large percentage of people in Kosovo own a car

Minesweeper
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Every improvement is good but in the case of Kosovo, is the highway worth 1 billion really necessary? It would be a perfect investment if the country was bigger and if traffic and transportation was dense. Most of the income will be coming from local population and Albanian diaspora on summer and winter holidays... or maybe not?

Szegedist
11-26-2013, 03:53 PM
If it cost around 1 billion euros somehow i doubt its made our of cheap material.

How much it "costs" on paper is often different to how much it actually costed in this part of the world.

Usually it goes like "Here is few million to build a road, we put 50% of it in our pocket and use the rest to built it".

ALSh
11-26-2013, 06:10 PM

U haven't take into account the amount that has ended in the pockets of the politicans. Anyway the highway seems to be build in more quality way than our part.
Nejse urime.

Arianiti
11-27-2013, 12:15 PM

It must be the best highway in Europe, including quality-wise. It's simply astonishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGyDT6QepCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gE7ILzFGB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm2OqQFhKgw

Drawing-slim
11-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Congrats. I want to visit Kosova one day.

Lemon Kush
11-27-2013, 12:28 PM
I guess this will make the organ trafficking business easier :lol:

Arianiti
11-27-2013, 12:29 PM

You are really going on my d.. You do not miss a single topic related to us with your shitty comments. Fuck off!

alb0zfinest
11-27-2013, 01:14 PM
How much it "costs" on paper is often different to how much it actually costed in this part of the world.

Usually it goes like "Here is few million to build a road, we put 50% of it in our pocket and use the rest to built it".

Don't worry I didn't take that out of the equation. I'm well aware how corrupt Kosovas politicians are, but even if they took 50% (which I highly doubt because that would mean 500 million) that still leaves 500 million. 500 million is still pretty expensive for a road to be of bad quality.

BrunetteAnna
11-27-2013, 01:18 PM
great job...step by step Albania seems to grow as a country!:notworth:

alb0zfinest
11-27-2013, 01:19 PM

Even when you try being nice to someone, they still seem to disappoint. Ncncn

KrashNick
11-27-2013, 02:50 PM
How did you know that :D ??
We made it to transport gypsies organs , seem like you are informed well :D

PS . Don't be scared you are far away from Kosovo :laugh:

Ushtari
11-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Every improvement is good but in the case of Kosovo, is the highway worth 1 billion really necessary? It would be a perfect investment if the country was bigger and if traffic and transportation was dense. Most of the income will be coming from local population and Albanian diaspora on summer and winter holidays... or maybe not?
Good road system is very important for a country to develop. Not only will the export/import increase but the population within the country will be much more free to travel, wich was not that "given" before considering the road conditions.

Also, in a few weeks the building of the new Prishtina - Skopje motorway will start. In my opinion the latter one is much more important because Macedonia is quite important for import/export and the existing road is very "loaded".

Its also worth mentioning that its not build all the way up to Merdar(Kosovo-Serbian border) but only to a village north of Prishtina. This is because the Serbian government has no plans in building their strech from Nis to the border. Therefor its quite unnecessary for the kosovar government to extend the motorway all the way to the border since the money can be used better of somwere els.

Also the picture in the first post dont seem to be from this motorway since it does not have 6lanes(3 on each side) as far as i know.