PDA

View Full Version : What do you like/love about yourself?

Szegedist
11-27-2013, 01:21 AM
I have noticed a lot of negative, pessimistic or even self hating thinking on this forum. People thinking that all is lost, or that they will never find love, or that they feel empty and useless.

I don't like this kind of thinking, even though I am Hungarian (and we are supposed to be a gloomy, pessimistic people), I like to think positively and optimistically (well I have to given my political views otherwise I would go insane)

So let this thread be only for positive energy. What do you like about yourself? Maybe physically, or personality trait, maybe a skill you have or something that you did.

Shah-Jehan
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
I am not vain enough to "love" myself but, I appreciate who I am like everyone should do...Maybe I like that I am supposed to be academically gifted and a lot of incidents in life that enriched it as a whole...

armenianbodyhair
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
I am somewhat intelligent,I am decent looking, I am female.

thetank
11-27-2013, 01:26 AM
I like that I am self disciplined as well as that I have a pretty good physique and I feel that I can help others

Carlito's Way
11-27-2013, 01:26 AM
that im very cool, nice, funny, outgoing, athletic, decent looking

arcticwolf
11-27-2013, 01:43 AM
I have noticed a lot of negative, pessimistic thinking on this forum. People thinking that all is lost, or that they will never find love, or that they feel empty and useless.

I don't like this kind of thinking, even though I am Hungarian (and we are supposed to be a gloomy, pessimistic people), I like to think positively and optimistically (well I have to given my political views otherwise I would go insane)

So let this thread be only for positive energy. What do you like about yourself? Maybe physically, or personality trait that you have, or maybe a skill you have or something that you did.

If you weren't Hungarian I wouldn't even bother bro.

99.99999% of the time, I am not very serious, but I will be this time. You deserve one post based on insight and wisdom.

Both optimism, and pessimism are distortions of reality, just opposite, as it's usual in duality.

Neither of the mental states is beneficial to the minds ability to discern reality correctly in the ultimate sense.

Equanimity is the ideal, most beneficial state of mind. A curious, mindful, fully aware internally and externally neutrality of the mind. you could call it a neutral observer. it's not indifference or apathy, it's active and extremelly aware in the active sense.

So my Hungarian friend, equanimity is what you should strive for.

There is one condition though, your mind has to be ready for it, and the drive has to come from within.

Are you ready my Hungarian bro for the journey to wisdom? Are you? :laugh:

rhiannon
11-27-2013, 01:56 AM
I have a very big heart....sometimes to my own peril.

With me, what you see is what you get....not a phony sort by any means. Hell, can't even troll on the internet lol

alb0zfinest
11-27-2013, 01:58 AM
I'm too kind sometimes. Even when someone has insulted me and isn't kidding, I insult him back and say I'm jk because I feel bad. So you know what fuck you, fuck you again that's going to change from now on :D

Szegedist
11-27-2013, 02:01 AM
If you weren't Hungarian I wouldn't even bother bro.

If you will go esoteric Budhist on my Hunnic ass everytime I make a post, then I will put you on my ignore list!

Joking! :laugh: I would never do that to a Lengyel brother!

arcticwolf
11-27-2013, 02:04 AM
I'm too kind sometimes. Even when someone has insulted me and isn't kidding, I insult him back and say I'm jk because I feel bad. So you know what fuck you, fuck you again that's going to change from now on :D

Don't do it dummy!

in the end, it's about you and your mind, don't let them change you.

Conquering others is nothing in comparison to conquering yourself.

Your good heart is your strength not your weakness.

You just gotta trust a wise wolf on this! :P

alb0zfinest
11-27-2013, 02:14 AM

Don't do it dummy!

in the end, it's about you and your mind, don't let them change you.

Conquering others is nothing in comparison to conquering yourself.

Your good heart is your strength not your weakness.

You just gotta trust a wise wolf on this! :P

Wise words, and I really, really mean this. Sometimes it seems i don't pay close enough attention to your words, they truly are worthy, not just to be paid attention to, but to actually be followed.

arcticwolf
11-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Wise words, and I really, really mean this. Sometimes it seems i don't pay close enough attention to your words, they truly are worthy, not just to be paid attention to, but to actually be followed.

You are truly wise beyond your age.

And thank you for stroking my ego the right I way! lol

Rudel
11-27-2013, 02:21 AM
I have two hands, which is better than one.

That's it.

Balmung
11-27-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm awesome. From the moment I was born I knew it. My mother told me I gave her the most trouble during pregnancy, too awesome to even be contained in the womb.

My favourite quality about myself is something I inherited from my father, an adventurous spirit. Wanting to explore everything the world has to offer and then some. Also my amazing taste in music.

arcticwolf
11-27-2013, 02:35 AM
I'm awesome. From the moment I was born I knew it. My mother told me I gave her the most trouble during pregnancy, too awesome to even be contained in the womb.

My favourite quality about myself is something I inherited from my father, an adventurous spirit. Wanting to explore everything the world has to offer and then some. Also my amazing taste in music.

Don't forget modesty! :laugh:

Mortimer
11-27-2013, 02:39 AM
my somewhat intelligence and that im somewhat good looking (but could improve alot by loosing weight and doing something for teeth, taking care like using baby creams and such).

Aurora
11-27-2013, 03:45 AM
I like how I am inquisitive and so I know a bit about a variety of things. I also like very much that I am sensitive and a very caring person. And I like how imaginative I can be.

blklady2013
11-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I love the fact that I enjoy being a woman and a black one to boot. Lol! According to the world, I'm supposed to be bitter, angry, ugly, lonely, nasty, unhappy or at the very least negative. And I'm really none of those things so I get to existentially throw egg in someone's face for their assumptions about my person every time I breathe. Lol!
I love life and I hope I don't experience anything that diminishes the love of life I have. I also like the fact that I have a rich emotional worldview, while still being a critical thinker. I credit that balance to the brilliant thinkers I've been blessed to learn from. (Wanna give a shout out to Dr. Cutsinger, Takahashi-sensei, Nobuyumi-sensei, my grandmother, God...)Lol!

But seriously, I love two things about myself above all: my hair and my bullshit cutter intellect. Somehow, I've always been able to find connections between even the most divergent of concepts and/or see the larger picture. This ability has been very beneficial to me not breaking down when my life gets crazy. Like the other day, while answering a call from some silly dude stressing me out, my cell phone dropped into my sink and I was promptly informed by my carrier that my cell phone insurance didn't cover water damage. And on the days in which my phone was dying a slow painful death, I also missed a call to have an interview for a position I'd been praying about. And in between all that I have a paper to write, holiday madness from family to endure and next to zero time for myself. Instead of wigging out, I take a step back and look at the big picture: I graduate this semester, I do need to spend time with my family and if I was good enough to get that interview, more will come if I continue to apply myself...and the obnoxious dude can go fuck himself. I said no sex before marriage, not every orifice except vaginal before marriage!
See? Life is good...lmao! It's all in how you look at it...lol!

Szegedist
11-27-2013, 11:08 PM
blklady2013, now thats how its done :D

Lena
11-27-2013, 11:28 PM
I am female.

I must agree, it's great to be a female. :eyes

I like my calmness in a most difficult RL situations and everyday probs, my rationality and self discipline.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2013, 01:33 AM
my somewhat intelligence and that im somewhat good looking (but could improve alot by loosing weight and doing something for teeth, taking care like using baby creams and such).

I'm very jealous of that to be honest:(