PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite ethnic groups?

Loki
11-28-2013, 12:41 PM
List them here and give reasons.

For me, within Europe:

Northern Irish
Dutch
Finnswedes
I love all the Balkan peoples

Outside of Europe:

I currently like the Chinese very much

In summary, I like most people ... as far as individuals are concerned.

Szegedist
11-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Do you mean politically, or else (eg personally)?

Rudel
11-28-2013, 12:52 PM
The French (duh), and the ethnic French around (Belgium, Switzerland or Québec).
All our little cousins in Iberia and Italia (and eventually their own colonials). Sorry Romanians, I don't know any of you.

Outside our family and in Europe I'd say the Poles, Serbians, Hungarians and Greeks.

I don't have enough contact with the rest of the world to say. But based on experience with immigrants, people from our former Indochina, which are of a lot of various ethnic groups (Tai, Kmer, Hmong, Viet etc.) are pretty straight.

Stimpy
11-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Within Europe I like Scandinavian(Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, Icelanders, Faroese) and Finno-ugric people(Finns, Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians) the most.
Outside of Europe I would probably have to say Samoan people.

Szegedist
11-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Within Europe I like Scandinavian(Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, Icelanders, Faroese) and Finno-ugric people(Finns, Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians) the most.
Outside of Europe I would probably have to say Samoan people.

Latvians and Lithuanians arent Finno Ugric...

Jackson
11-28-2013, 01:05 PM
English
Other British Islanders (Scots, Welsh, Irish)

I haven't met many other people of other nationalities in real life, but French, Germans and Scandinavians all seem like pretty decent people, and some eastern Europeans.

Smaug
11-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Welsh, Scottish, Irish, English, Manx, Cornish, Italian, Portuguese, French, Spanish, Germans and Scandinavians. Russians and other Balto-Slavs are cool. For non-Europeans I like some Asians.

Stimpy
11-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Latvians and Lithuanians arent Finno Ugric...
They are partially even though not as much as Finns or Estonians. I still like them.

Loki
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
I forgot to mention the English. I love the English people, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Loki
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Do you mean politically, or else (eg personally)?

In all aspects.

Jackson
11-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Actually i should add the Dutch too, although i've not really known any for any length of time in real life, i got to know quite a few online some years back.

WOOHP
11-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Latvians, Lithuanians and Czech people.

Obviously the French aswell.

arcticwolf
11-28-2013, 01:48 PM
I forgot to mention the English. I love the English people, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

LOL

It's ok boss, they know they are only an after thought on your mind, and you are just covering your rear end now!

Too late, the cat is out of the bag already! Nice try though! :laugh:

alb0zfinest
11-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Outside of my own: Swedes, English, Egyptian, Germans, Greeks I'm fairly fond of their past culture (not the orthodox stuff now).

Loki
11-28-2013, 01:50 PM
LOL

It's ok boss, they know they are only an after thought on your mind, and you are just covering your rear end now!

Too late, the cat is out of the bag already! Nice try though! :laugh:

No, they are not an afterthought. I wanted to mention them in the OP but accidentally omitted it, then my computer crashed.

English people are GREAT. Best nation on earth, really.

Proctor
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
The English/Welsh/Scottish, French, Italians, and definitely Germans. as for non-Euros I'd say Native hawaiians/ Rapa nui people and some native tribes here (very friendly people).

arcticwolf
11-28-2013, 02:01 PM
No, they are not an afterthought. I wanted to mention them in the OP but accidentally omitted it, then my computer crashed.

Calm down boss, English are civilized, they are not gonna deport you for this tiny "misunderstanding" LOL

I like your cover up story, pretty sweet. LOL It happens to me all the time in sticky situations as well! :laugh:

Proctor
11-28-2013, 02:04 PM

Unfortunately not as great as they used to be, their past history was very admirable. It is still my favourite European country despite this though.

Kiyant
11-28-2013, 02:06 PM
In Europe: Gagauz,Tatars,Hungarians,Poles,Bosniaks
In Asia: Koreans,Japanese,Pakis,Bengalis,All Turkics,Mongolians,Manchu

Hadouken
11-28-2013, 02:16 PM
i like a lot of ethnicities but i like MOST :

Europe : Greeks , Germans , Irish (i find them interesting) , Russians

outside of Europe : Caucasus people , Iranians , non antikurd Turks , Palestinians

Windischer
11-28-2013, 02:17 PM
i love everyone (no homo)

Leadchucker
11-28-2013, 02:47 PM
The British in general, the Welsh in particular. Puerto Ricans come in a close second as friendly and easy to get along with.
We have about 30 different ethnic groups at my workplace with Russians, Chinese, Koreans, Indians,Germans,English,Dominicans,Puerto Ricans,Guatemalans,Taiwanese,Egyptians,Ethiopians, Italians and a few more and they are all pretty much good people. There's one Ethiopian chick that is hotter than three yards of hell..had the throw that in,sorry.

arcticwolf
11-28-2013, 02:51 PM
ok I'm not gonna keep y'all in suspense any longer, here is my take on it. hehe

First a disclaimer:
In reality I pay a lot more attention to individual than the group, I do have my preferences to national origin, but it always comes down to an individual in real life. I like individuals from groups I may not be so fond of, for various reasons rational ot not.

That being put in proper context, here is the scoop:

I'm in love with my people Balto-Slavs, there is no choice here really, and that includes Bosniaks even though they are "Gotho-Illirians". LOL

Hungarians of course, that goes without really saying for a Pole, no choice here either, my parents, other Poles conditioned me that way since birth. Plus they are best friends you could have, love freedom and really like us, so! They are feisty and talk a lot though, are they opinionated! Well Ugro-Finnics, what do you do?! :laugh:

Other Ugro-Finnics, especially Finns, they are just cool, icey cool version of cool, but cool nonetheless! :P

Scandinavians in general, Norwegian in particular. I have mentioned many times why I admire Norwegians that I think you all know by now, they are what we all should be striving for. :thumb001:

The French as they are our traditional allies and their sense of beauty, sensuality, good taste etc is refined and makes life a bit more magical. I know what you are gonna say, they are arrogant etc, I'm just gonna tell you, look past the appearances, they come through when it really counts, so kudos to the french.

The Anglosphere world, I know lots of of you love to hate it, but for all it's shortcommings it's a nice place to be in in this world. We make dislike politics of any particullar country but on the personal level, the people are really cool, the life is pleasant and let's be honest, why are so many trying to live in one of the Anglosphere countries? I like the English, Scotts, Welsh, Irish, Americans, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, did I miss anybody? If I did I like you too. :P

I like the latinos, the whole lot, they are very animated and emotional, but charming and warm, there is much to like about them! :thumb001:

I like the Greeks, Romanians, Iberians, Italians damn I like everybody! LOL

Damn this an essey already LOL

Outside of Europe I like Japanese ( personal reasons I am not willing to share! LOL ), I like others as well.

Any time I feel like disliking somebody or some nation I put myself in their shooes I try to see it from their point of view, and it's hard when you do that to really dislike them, if you are a human being , have empathy and are not a psychopath.

If I forgot to mention anybody I like you too, no worries! :laugh:

Lòki I hate you for making me spill my guts like that! will never forgive you for this! LOL

Loki
11-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately not as great as they used to be, their past history was very admirable. It is still my favourite European country despite this though.

They're greater than they used to be imo. More tolerant and knowledgeable.

MINARDOWICZ
11-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Italians, Spaniards, Peruvians, Colombians, Brazilians, Mexicans, Serbians, Australians, Chileans, Indians, Koreans, Taiwanese, and Cubans.

arcticwolf
11-28-2013, 03:16 PM
i love everyone (no homo)

Thank God there is another hippie Slav, I don't feel so alone now! LOL

Bless your heart my Slavic bro! :laugh:

MINARDOWICZ
11-28-2013, 03:23 PM
ok I'm not gonna keep y'all in suspense any longer, here is my take on it. hehe

First a disclaimer:
In reality I pay a lot more attention to individual than the group, I do have my preferences to national origin, but it always comes down to an individual in real life. I like individuals from groups I may not be so fond of, for various reasons rational ot not.

That being put in proper context, here is the scoop:

I'm in love with my people Balto-Slavs, there is no choice here really, and that includes Bosniaks even though they are "Gotho-Illirians". LOL

Hungarians of course, that goes without really saying for a Pole, no choice here either, my parents, other Poles conditioned me that way since birth. Plus they are best friends you could have, love freedom and really like us, so! They are feisty and talk a lot though, are they opinionated! Well Ugro-Finnics, what do you do?! :laugh:

Other Ugro-Finnics, especially Finns, they are just cool, icey cool version of cool, but cool nonetheless! :P

Scandinavians in general, Norwegian in particular. I have mentioned many times why I admire Norwegians that I think you all know by now, they are what we all should be striving for. :thumb001:

The French as they are our traditional allies and their sense of beauty, sensuality, good taste etc is refined and makes life a bit more magical. I know what you are gonna say, they are arrogant etc, I'm just gonna tell you, look past the appearances, they come through when it really counts, so kudos to the french.

The Anglosphere world, I know lots of of you love to hate it, but for all it's shortcommings it's a nice place to be in in this world. We make dislike politics of any particullar country but on the personal level, the people are really cool, the life is pleasant and let's be honest, why are so many trying to live in one of the Anglosphere countries? I like the English, Scotts, Welsh, Irish, Americans, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, did I miss anybody? If I did I like you too. :P

I like the latinos, the whole lot, they are very animated and emotional, but charming and warm, there is much to like about them! :thumb001:

I like the Greeks, Romanians, Iberians, Italians damn I like everybody! LOL

Damn this an essey already LOL

Outside of Europe I like Japanese ( personal reasons I am not willing to share! LOL ), I like others as well.

Any time I feel like disliking somebody or some nation I put myself in their shooes I try to see it from their point of view, and it's hard when you do that to really dislike them, if you are a human being , have empathy and are not a psychopath.

If I forgot to mention anybody I like you too, no worries! :laugh:

Lòki I hate you for making me spill my guts like that! will never forgive you for this! LOL

LOL! My thoughts exactly... It is hard to choose... But some cultures are super cool to me! Doesn't mean I dislike other people...

Geni
11-28-2013, 03:26 PM
All europians ..

MINARDOWICZ
11-28-2013, 03:30 PM
I forgot Puertoricans and Dominicans BTW! CRAP! Well... prolly a billion I need to include still like Turkish maybe... :p

miscellaneous
11-28-2013, 03:33 PM
From Europe I have sympathies towards Poles, Croats, Bosniaks and Hungarians.

Outside of Europe I carry good feelings towards Chinese and some Tunisians.

RussiaPrussia
11-28-2013, 03:36 PM
i cant really tell since i have met dicks in all ethnics

armenianbodyhair
11-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Albos, Canadians, and Hunyaks

Damião de Góis
11-28-2013, 09:33 PM
I like, for several reasons:

Spaniards - Our only neighbours and genetically very close.
Italians - Yes it's true, despite all the discussions on forums, i like their country, people, language and culture.
Dutch - I have a good opinion after i visited.
Brits - Been watching their movies, listening to their music or laughing at their comedy since childhood.
Brazilians - History and language plays a role.
Slavs in general - Don't know much about them, so in this case my opinion went up because of forums even if counting with some exceptions.

I also have respect for lots of other countries like France, Germany or Greece.

Sikeliot
11-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Italians, Portuguese, Greeks, Serbs, Cypriots, Armenians, Lebanese, and Assyrians.

Also; Mexican, Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian, Cape Verdean, Bulgarian, Polish, and Georgian.

Rojava
11-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Turks, Greeks, Armenians, Assyrians, Persians, the Dutch, Spanish, South Americans + Californians.

Also
11-28-2013, 09:44 PM
I like catholics mostly. I can get along with other people as long as we share similar ideologies and our objectives are somewhat aligned or if there's anything on them which I admire. If I had to pick a people I'd say Argentinians, Bavarians, Swabians, Portugueses, Spanish, Italians, Christian Levantines and Japaneses.

portusaus
11-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Portuguese, English, German, French, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Balts, Serbs, Albanians and Iranians.

I like southeast Asians too. I met a Burmese refugee and even though his English was poor, he was one of the nicest people I've met.

ultraLaser
11-28-2013, 09:56 PM
home: northcaucasians
europe: irish, italians, spanish, ukrainians
the world: latin americans, africans, afghans, iranians, jordan, iraq, oman, pacific islanders, atlantic islanders

Kiyant
11-28-2013, 09:57 PM
home: northcaucasians
europe: irish, italians, spanish, ukrainians
the world: latin americans, africans, afghans, iranians, jordan, iraq, oman, pacific islanders, atlantic islanders

None of your Turkic neighbours :(

Peikko
11-28-2013, 10:11 PM
The Nordics and the Dutch are the best at the moment along with the Germans, Austrians and the people of Luxemburg.

Peikko
11-28-2013, 10:12 PM
They are partially even though not as much as Finns or Estonians. I still like them.

Wut?? Latvians and Lithuanians are Slavic.

Windischer
11-28-2013, 10:19 PM

ta dze :party-smiley-007:

Anglojew
11-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Muslims, Norwegians, Spanish.

KrashNick
11-28-2013, 10:24 PM
English, German, Swedes , Italians , Croats and Bosniaks .

Krampus
11-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Scots, Irish, Welsh, Croats, Bosnians, Poles, Germans, Austrians, and Subhumans

Aunt Hilda
11-29-2013, 11:38 AM
traitor.

ficuscarica
11-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Germans, Swedes, Brits, Israelis, Armenians, Danes, New Zealanders, Canadians

The King, I am
11-29-2013, 11:43 AM
#1 Irish #2 Russians #3 Scandinavians #4 English #5 Riffians #6 Australians

Mortimer
11-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Old World
Europe: Austrians, Germans, Hungarians, Russians, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French, Italian, Iberian, Serbians, Croats, Bosnians, Macedonians, Greeks, Turks and the others but those are my favourite. I dont like Finns, Estonians and Bulgarians

Asia: Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis (the not so muslim ones), Japanese, Thai

Middle East: Rather Neutral towards most

Northafrica: Egyptians (the not so muslim ones)

New World
US-Americans, Canadians, Brazilians, Australians, New Zealander

rhiannon
11-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Wow.
Everyone hates us Americans I guess lol.

The Norwegians, Dutch, and Germans are my overall favorites :)

In Asia, I'd pick the Japanese. In South America, Uruguayans get my vote :)

Also appreciate the Anglosphere (all of the UK), Ireland, Iceland, along with my fellow New World nations Canada, Australia, and New Zealand

Mortimer
11-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Wow.

Also appreciate the Anglosphere in general, along with my fellow New World nations Canada, Australia, and New Zealand

I dont. Americans are one of my favourite Nations, generally the Anglo-Sphere (English, Americans, Canadians, Australians etc.) The others (favourites) would be Euros and Asians and Brazilians

Balmung
11-29-2013, 12:08 PM
English, Scottish, & Germans.... unparalleled technological history, great music, great literature. Especially astonishing coming from the Scots who were so few at the time. Also last time I checked they made up the bulk of our population, and we're pretty damn awesome. Scandinavians because well duh. Germans are hard working and Brits are hilarious. Russians because they're badass and don't give a fuck (hopefully living standards become better in Russian with time). Along with Poles, Czech etc. I get along with them in America too. Outside of Europe: China, Brazil, & Japan. Because the Japanese are basically Asian versions of Germans except more weird and less serious.....very active in many markets, lots of technological companies. I love ancient Chinese history, and the Chinese FOBS are usually pretty damn nice. I would have liked to say the Dutch, but unfortunately I have not met many beyond Tuan of this forum.

I may be the first to say it, but Black people too. If nothing else for their strength. Also I have quite a few awesome black friends.

rhiannon
11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
I may be the first to say it, but Black people too. If nothing else for their strength. Also I have quite a few awesome black friends. I tend to really like black women much more so than black dudes. Not always....but in general. We are sponsoring a little girl in Niger right now. She was born the exact same day as my son. She is absolutely adorable and I wish someday to meet her in the future:)

Mans not hot
11-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Irish, Polacks, Czechs, Scots and English of course.

Sblast
11-29-2013, 01:04 PM
None I guess :lol:. Everyone have their own cultural traditions and hobbies.
As thumb rules, within Europe I like British humor, the classic liberal politics of Netherlands.
Outside of Europe: the hospitality of Middle Eastern, the warmth of South Americans.

Windischer
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM

i said i love everyone
:love0001:

alb0zfinest
11-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Italians, Portuguese, Greeks, Serbs, Cypriots, Armenians, Lebanese, and Assyrians.

Also; Mexican, Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian, Cape Verdean, Bulgarian, Polish, and Georgian.

No wonder Albanians don't get along with you :D

alb0zfinest
11-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Edit.

Aunt Hilda
11-29-2013, 02:14 PM

we don't hate you, we just think america is slightly off the radar.

Balmung
11-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Wow.

Also appreciate the Anglosphere (all of the UK), Ireland, Iceland, along with my fellow New World nations Canada, Australia, and New Zealand

Its ironic, because the tourist tell a different story. Some of them are more enthusiastic and Americanphile extreme than we are :lol:

Stimpy
11-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Most Uralo-Finnic countries in Europe (N1c1)

Finland : about 60% of Y-DNA
Latvia & Lithuania : about 40%
Estonia : about 35%
Russia (historical) : about 23%
Sweden : about 7%

rhiannon
11-29-2013, 03:15 PM
we don't hate you, we just think america is slightly off the radar. explain what you mean by that please

Peikko
11-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Most Uralo-Finnic countries in Europe (N1c1)

Finland : about 60% of Y-DNA
Latvia & Lithuania : about 40%
Estonia : about 35%
Russia (historical) : about 23%
Sweden : about 7%
N1c1 isn't associated with Uralic languages anymore, especially the Baltic subgroup. The balts speak Balto-Slavic languages, so they are Slavics. Estonians are genetically Slavic. The only tr00 Uralic country is Finland.

Graham
11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Commonwealth(or ex) nations in the Anglosphere. New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Wales & England. Sometimes the US, depends on my mood. lol

Also the Nordics. Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Faeroe Islands, Norway and Sweden.

Basically the people of those nations.

Sandman
11-29-2013, 06:31 PM
I like the Czechs, Irish people, Lithuanians, Scandinavians, Scots, Slovaks.

curupira
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Latin Americans (all of them). I have also had positive interactions with African Americans.

Hercus Monte
12-03-2013, 09:43 PM
N1c1 isn't associated with Uralic languages anymore, especially the Baltic subgroup. The balts speak Balto-Slavic languages, so they are Slavics. .
we're the more archaic, conservative group in balto-slavic. if anyone in the group were to be marginalized, It should be slavs, not us.

Longbowman
12-03-2013, 09:58 PM

You're welcome.

alexkid
12-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Aborigines.

Minesweeper
12-04-2013, 07:43 AM
I like most of European countries. Outside Europe, Mongolia ofc and some other parts of East Asia. I had a chance to meet some secular Arabs in North Africa, they were alright. I fact, they would be really cool people if Islam wasn't that strong among them.

ioan assen
12-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Europe: Bulgarians, Macedonians (duh!), Finns, Greeks, Russians, Germans (plus Swedes, Danes, Norwegians)
World: Argentinians, Japonease, Northern Americans

Peikko
12-04-2013, 05:31 PM
we're the more archaic, conservative group in balto-slavic. if anyone in the group were to be marginalized, I should be slavs, not us.

You mean in the sense, that Slavics are Baltics?

Hercus Monte
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
You mean in the sense, that Slavics are Baltics?
figuratively speaking, yes.

If you are cynical enough to marginalize them, slavs should be baltic, not the other way around.

Peikko
12-04-2013, 05:38 PM
figuratively speaking, yes.

If you are cynical enough to marginalize them, slavs should be baltic, not the other way around.
Okay, acknowledged.

VAARON
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM
america and denmark