PDA

View Full Version : Iran's Ethnic Groups

Behrouz
11-28-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-tkCftIoWA

Behrouz
11-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Can someone please make this thread sticky?

Also these threads:
Nature of Iran (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?103400-Nature-of-Iran)
Persian Music (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?93107-Persian-Music)
History of Iran (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?103891-History-of-Iran-in-5-minutes)

Sky earth
11-29-2013, 08:51 PM
The numbers of Azerbaijanis in this video is false. There are definitely more than 15 million Azeris in Iran

Rojava
11-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Ethnic groups in Iran are haram.

Wild North
11-29-2013, 09:05 PM
An ethnic map:

Kiyant
11-29-2013, 09:15 PM
The numbers of Azerbaijanis in this video is false. There are definitely more than 15 million Azeris in Iran

There are MUCH more then 15 million Turks in Iran i call them Turks because they are Turks.

Elms
11-30-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't actually put Armenians on the map, and that they completely ignored Assyrians, even though there are more Assyrians than Mandeans in Iran...

Nice video though :)

Gospodine
11-30-2013, 05:44 AM
The Zoroastrians of Yazd, Kerman & Tehran deserve a mention I think too.

They are for all intents and purposes a distinct ethnic group (and the Iranian constitution treats them as such), despite speaking Persian predominantly; they are fairly insular, inter-marry amongst their own, and historically have faced the most persecution of any ethnic group in Iran.

Yalquzaq
11-30-2013, 05:50 AM
And where is Khalaj?

The numbers of Azerbaijanis in this video is false.

Besides, why would Qashqais, who speak a dialect of Azerbaijani Turkish, be considered a separate ethnic group (they were relocated from Azerbaijan to Fars province in 17th century) is beyond me. Are Kurds in Khorasan a separate group, just because they had been relocated there some centuries ago? Its nothing more than just a tribal name, Kurds have plenty of them too, to this day.

StonyArabia
11-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Besides, why would Qashqais, who speak a dialect of Azerbaijani Turkish, be considered a separate ethnic group (they were relocated from Azerbaijan to Fars province in 17th century) is beyond me. Are Kurds in Khorasan a separate group, just because they had been relocated there some centuries ago?

Why were they re-located there?

Musso
11-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Armenians are well respected and treated in Iran. We have full minority rights and have representation in the Parliament. While it's not presented to the West often, Christian minorities are well treated in Iran.

Yalquzaq
11-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Why were they re-located there?

Qashqais? For border protection against Portugese. As for Kurds, because of rebellion, AFAIK.

StonyArabia
11-30-2013, 06:03 AM
The Arabs should get independence since their Emirate was annexed unfairly and so are the islands which should go back to UAE.

Elms
11-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Armenians are well respected and treated in Iran. We have full minority rights and have representation in the Parliament. While it's not presented to the West often, Christian minorities are well treated in Iran.

Even Persian converts to Christianity?

Elms
11-30-2013, 06:06 AM
The Arabs should get independence since their Emirate was annexed unfairly and so are the islands which should go back to UAE.

Then your people should leave Mesopotamia because it was annexed unfairly.

Yalquzaq
11-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Pretty much every ethnicity needs separation. Iran was re-shaped in 1925 by the new fascist dynasty, since then it is based on Persian nationalism and opression of minorities. The new "Islamic" regime hasn't done anything to change that. And I agree with Khuzestan (Arabistan), first of all because these goons are stealing all the oil from them. And what they get in return? Opression, poverty etc.

StonyArabia
11-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Then your people should leave Mesopotamia because it was annexed unfairly.

Don't make me laugh please

Elms
11-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Don't make me laugh please

"Poor Arab invaders. They deserve autonomy, even though modern Khuzestan was where a large part of Persian culture originated."

-Alberta

Yalquzaq
11-30-2013, 06:24 AM

Funny thing you mention that, as rest of minorities don't have any of basic rights.

StonyArabia
11-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Pretty much every ethnicity needs separation. Iran was re-shaped in 1925 by the new fascist dynasty, since then it is based on Persian nationalism and opression of minorities. The new "Islamic" regime hasn't done anything to change that. And I agree with Khuzestan (Arabistan), first of all because these goons are stealing all the oil from them. And what they get in return? Opression, poverty etc.

Well said I agree 100% and also the islands should be returned back to UAE.

Yalquzaq
11-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Well said I agree 100% and also the islands should be returned back to UAE.

Islands? They even claim Bahrain.

StonyArabia
11-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Islands? They even claim Bahrain.

Yep, but it will never be theirs. They often underestimate the fact that Arab Shias are Arabs first and foremost. Yes but those islands in the South did belong to the Emirates. Also many Arab Shias are not fond of Iran, especially how they are mistreated in Iran. Though the island has Sunni Arabs who never wanted to be part of Iran and were part of UAE, then suddenly Iran takes them and say it's Iranian. They also brainwash these Arabs in schools and such to think they are Persians.

StonyArabia
01-15-2014, 12:02 AM
"Poor Arab invaders. They deserve autonomy, even though modern Khuzestan was where a large part of Persian culture originated."

-Alberta

Actually the Persians are the ones who brought the Arabs to the Ahvaz region and even named it Arabistan the name meaning Land of the Arabs. In fact until 1925 the Persians were not in this area. This is supported by this

Following the ancient Persian practice of mass population resettlement, the Sasanians carried off tribesmen of Taḡleb, Bakr Banu Wāʾel, and Ḥanẓala and implanted them in Kermān and Ahvāz.

source EncyclopediaIranica, Arabs and Iran in the pre-Islamic period.

Amir
04-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I am Persian and proud of it. :)

Hadouken
04-21-2014, 04:28 PM

I am Kurdish and Proud of you

StonyArabia
04-26-2014, 05:24 AM
I am Kurdish and Proud of you

Pan-Iranism

LightHouse89
04-26-2014, 05:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-tkCftIoWA

post more you idiot!

LightHouse89
04-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Ethnic groups in Iran are haram.

racist communist :rolleyes:

random
04-28-2014, 05:29 AM
Actually the Persians are the ones who brought the Arabs to the Ahvaz region and even named it Arabistan the name meaning Land of the Arabs. In fact until 1925 the Persians were not in this area. This is supported by this

Following the ancient Persian practice of mass population resettlement, the Sasanians carried off tribesmen of Taḡleb, Bakr Banu Wāʾel, and Ḥanẓala and implanted them in Kermān and Ahvāz.

source EncyclopediaIranica, Arabs and Iran in the pre-Islamic period.

Eastern arabia is historically Non arabic ( Mesopotamians, Iranics and other non arabic people )

StonyArabia
04-28-2014, 05:36 AM
Eastern arabia is historically Non arabic ( Mesopotamians, Iranics and other non arabic people )

Stop trolling dude. Eastern Arabians are from the Qasi Arabian Ishamelite tribes. Iranic presence came much later, and many of these were Sunni refugees from the Safavid times.

The King, I am
04-28-2014, 06:59 AM

Then what are you doing in Scandinavia??

Behrouz
04-29-2014, 12:08 PM
post more you idiot!

Tell the girls that i'm back in town

wvwvw
04-30-2014, 01:17 AM
Iran's ethnic groups:

Gypsies
Gypsies
more gypsies
Indid

alb0zfinest
04-30-2014, 01:26 AM
I really like the song in the video. Do you know what the name of the song is?

StonyArabia
04-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Iran's ethnic groups:

Gypsies
Gypsies
more gypsies
Indid

lol not all Iranians are Indo-European/Aryan many are Semitic. For example the Ahwazi Arabs and Arab islanders. The Arab islanders have for years wanted to gain autonomy and even out right independence since their islands have been annexed in 1971. They often want to join the UAE. So please if you have something against Iranians, just don't include my people in it, we are not we just found ourselves annexed due to British interference in our regions and gave the islands our islands to the Shah as gifts to the Shah without our consultation. That said I have nothing against Iranians, but their governments assimilationist do suck.

Hajimurad
10-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Western authors wrote many times about nomad tribes of Iran (Turkmens, Lurs,Kurds,Arabs) and religious minorities (Armenians, Jews, Zoroastrians), but very little about sedentary Persian population. Persians in Iran consist of two groups: Farsi-speaking population of Khurasan and of large cities (Isfahan, Tehran etc) and speakers of various Iranic dialects (Central Iranian, Semnani, Tati and dialects of Fars). What is their origin? Which ethnic components or tribes constituted them?