PDA

View Full Version : Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

Æmeric
01-02-2009, 10:11 PM
MOSCOW -- For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media.

In recent weeks, he's been interviewed as much as twice a day about his predictions. "It's a record," says Prof. Panarin. "But I think the attention is going to grow even stronger."

Prof. Panarin, 50 years old, is not a fringe figure. A former KGB analyst, he is dean of the Russian Foreign Ministry's academy for future diplomats. He is invited to Kremlin receptions, lectures students, publishes books, and appears in the media as an expert on U.S.-Russia relations.

But it's his bleak forecast for the U.S. that is music to the ears of the Kremlin, which in recent years has blamed Washington for everything from instability in the Middle East to the global financial crisis. Mr. Panarin's views also fit neatly with the Kremlin's narrative that Russia is returning to its rightful place on the world stage after the weakness of the 1990s, when many feared that the country would go economically and politically bankrupt and break into separate territories.

A polite and cheerful man with a buzz cut, Mr. Panarin insists he does not dislike Americans. But he warns that the outlook for them is dire.

"There's a 55-45% chance right now that disintegration will occur," he says. "One could rejoice in that process," he adds, poker-faced. "But if we're talking reasonably, it's not the best scenario -- for Russia." Though Russia would become more powerful on the global stage, he says, its economy would suffer because it currently depends heavily on the dollar and on trade with the U.S.

Mr. Panarin posits, in brief, that mass immigration, economic decline, and moral degradation will trigger a civil war next fall and the collapse of the dollar. Around the end of June 2010, or early July, he says, the U.S. will break into six pieces -- with Alaska reverting to Russian control.

In addition to increasing coverage in state media, which are tightly controlled by the Kremlin, Mr. Panarin's ideas are now being widely discussed among local experts. He presented his theory at a recent roundtable discussion at the Foreign Ministry. The country's top international relations school has hosted him as a keynote speaker. During an appearance on the state TV channel Rossiya, the station cut between his comments and TV footage of lines at soup kitchens and crowds of homeless people in the U.S. The professor has also been featured on the Kremlin's English-language propaganda channel, Russia Today.

Mr. Panarin's apocalyptic vision "reflects a very pronounced degree of anti-Americanism in Russia today," says Vladimir Pozner, a prominent TV journalist in Russia. "It's much stronger than it was in the Soviet Union."

Mr. Pozner and other Russian commentators and experts on the U.S. dismiss Mr. Panarin's predictions. "Crazy ideas are not usually discussed by serious people," says Sergei Rogov, director of the government-run Institute for U.S. and Canadian Studies, who thinks Mr. Panarin's theories don't hold water.

Mr. Panarin's résumé includes many years in the Soviet KGB, an experience shared by other top Russian officials. His office, in downtown Moscow, shows his national pride, with pennants on the wall bearing the emblem of the FSB, the KGB's successor agency. It is also full of statuettes of eagles; a double-headed eagle was the symbol of czarist Russia.

The professor says he began his career in the KGB in 1976. In post-Soviet Russia, he got a doctorate in political science, studied U.S. economics, and worked for FAPSI, then the Russian equivalent of the U.S. National Security Agency. He says he did strategy forecasts for then-President Boris Yeltsin, adding that the details are "classified."

In September 1998, he attended a conference in Linz, Austria, devoted to information warfare, the use of data to get an edge over a rival. It was there, in front of 400 fellow delegates, that he first presented his theory about the collapse of the U.S. in 2010.

"When I pushed the button on my computer and the map of the United States disintegrated, hundreds of people cried out in surprise," he remembers. He says most in the audience were skeptical. "They didn't believe me."

At the end of the presentation, he says many delegates asked him to autograph copies of the map showing a dismembered U.S.

He based the forecast on classified data supplied to him by FAPSI analysts, he says. He predicts that economic, financial and demographic trends will provoke a political and social crisis in the U.S. When the going gets tough, he says, wealthier states will withhold funds from the federal government and effectively secede from the union. Social unrest up to and including a civil war will follow. The U.S. will then split along ethnic lines, and foreign powers will move in.

California will form the nucleus of what he calls "The Californian Republic," and will be part of China or under Chinese influence. Texas will be the heart of "The Texas Republic," a cluster of states that will go to Mexico or fall under Mexican influence. Washington, D.C., and New York will be part of an "Atlantic America" that may join the European Union. Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof. Panarin calls "The Central North American Republic." Hawaii, he suggests, will be a protectorate of Japan or China, and Alaska will be subsumed into Russia.

"It would be reasonable for Russia to lay claim to Alaska; it was part of the Russian Empire for a long time." A framed satellite image of the Bering Strait that separates Alaska from Russia like a thread hangs from his office wall. "It's not there for no reason," he says with a sly grin.

Interest in his forecast revived this fall when he published an article in Izvestia, one of Russia's biggest national dailies. In it, he reiterated his theory, called U.S. foreign debt "a pyramid scheme," and predicted China and Russia would usurp Washington's role as a global financial regulator.

Americans hope President-elect Barack Obama "can work miracles," he wrote. "But when spring comes, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

The article prompted a question about the White House's reaction to Prof. Panarin's forecast at a December news conference. "I'll have to decline to comment," spokeswoman Dana Perino said amid much laughter.

For Prof. Panarin, Ms. Perino's response was significant. "The way the answer was phrased was an indication that my views are being listened to very carefully," he says.

The professor says he's convinced that people are taking his theory more seriously. People like him have forecast similar cataclysms before, he says, and been right. He cites French political scientist Emmanuel Todd. Mr. Todd is famous for having rightly forecast the demise of the Soviet Union -- 15 years beforehand. "When he forecast the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1976, people laughed at him," says Prof. Panarin.

Source (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html)

Here's is the map of the US after (predicted) collapse:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=159&d=1230937635

"Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof. Panarin calls 'The Central North American Republic.' "

Michigan, Illinois & Ohio have a combined population slightly greater then Canada's. The whole "Central North American Republic" would have more then twice as many people as Canada.

I find it hard to believe that Kentucky & Tennessee would end up in the same confederation as New York or Massachusetts, let alone join the EU.:rolleyes:

Psychonaut
01-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I find it hard to believe that Kentucky & Tennessee would end up in the same confederation as New York or Massachusetts, let alone join the EU.:rolleyes:

That's the first thing that struck me as well. Dixie is still a very cohesive political region, and I don't think Kentucky, Tennessee or South Carolina would be splitting from Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi any time soon.

Hors
01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I do not know whether the US will split into several pieces or not, but America is bankrupt, and the current crisis is just the last warning of the real collapse expected in 2011-2013.

The US will try to avoid the loss of the colonian income which allows it to lead so lavish a life, but as the US dollar is not the world reserve currency anymore, Americans shoud go to war to keep the control over its satellites, what should result in painful privations for a regular American. And, as widely known already, the US government is more than ready to deal with the civil unrest after years of preparations...

Aemma
01-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Wow! This is the first I've ever heard of such a theory. That Canada would swallow up part of the US is laughable. I mean really! Let's get real here! If anything I think the NAU is more of a possibility than anything else.

The North-East, more so comprised of the New England states (I agree the Southern States shouldn't be included) already enjoys an economic liaison with Canada's Quebec and Maritime provinces. Back in the 1980's when the issue of Quebec separatism was first running high here in Canada, many analysts posited that with Quebec's separation, our Maritime provinces would just annex themselves to the New England states. To read about a type of reversal of fortune is a bit strange to my eyes, I must admit.

In terms of this part of the US joining the EU, hmmm, I could theoretically see it only inasmuch as if (and this is a big if) NATO really became more of an economic entity and this part of the States, under the aegis of this new entity, were to become part of the "North Atlantic Rim". Consequently, I can't see these states joining the EU per se so much as joining a revamped NATO (meaning that NATO's mission is different and made current for the 21st century, that being not a militaristic entity, but an economic one instead).

The idea that California could be under China's influence is an interesting one. The Pacific Rim (part of which includes Canada's west coast) is already a well-running economic machine. It isn't that far of a stretch in one sense. One also has to consider the reality that Russia, China, India and Brazil (of all countries) do have an economic liaison as well (aka BRIC). It would be interesting to see how this Prof. Panarin sees things really playing out.

And the Texas Republic falling under Mexican influence? Hmmm I dunno, seems like a really big stretch to me. Mexico might want that land but Mexicans don't even seem to want to be Mexicans but want to be Americans. Maybe it's naive of me to see it this way, but then again Texas and Mexico are a piece away from me, eh? ;)

It all makes for interesting speculation though I have to admit. Should America ever fall in this way, I really can't see how Canada wouldn't fall as well. The whole geo-political face of North America would be getting some make over that's for sure.

Makes one think at the very least.

Cheers!...Aemma

SwordoftheVistula
01-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Yeah, the map looks pretty ridiculous. Utah and Idaho in with California instead of Montana and the rest of the interior west? Mexico with influence in Florida but not Arizona and SoCal? Alaska seems the least likely of any state to give itself over to Russian or any other foreign control, many people there don't even like being under US rule.

A more likely scenario is increased centralization of power, since the federal government can print money and the state governments can't, state/city governments will have to come to the federal government for 'bailouts', with the federal government demanding more control in return.

If the US did come apart, the more likely result would be:

Federal Government maintains control of the eastern seaboard, northern New England & the Canadian Maritime provinces could merge and be under the control of either the US or Canadian governments.

Former Confederacy including east Texas and possibly Oklahoma and parts of the border states

South/West Texas, southern Colorado, New Mexico, southern Arizona, Southern California and the farming areas of northern California, Vegas, and parts of some other states becoming part of Mexico

Northern California, Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia either on their own or under Chinese influence

A Mormon nation based in Utah

Upper Midwest may merge with Ontario/Canada

A region in the interior of the country with no central authority.

Loki
04-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Russian scholar says US will fall – in 2010 (http://mnweekly.ru/news/20090305/55369676.html)

By Mike Eckel

If you're inclined to believe Igor Panarin, and the Kremlin wouldn't mind if you did, then U.S. President Barack Obama will order martial law this year, the United States will split into six rump-states before 2011, and Russia and China will become the backbones of a new world order.

Panarin might be easy to ignore but for the fact that he is a dean at the Foreign Ministry's school for future diplomats and a regular on Russia's state-guided TV channels. And his predictions fit into the anti-American story line of the Kremlin leadership.

"There is a high probability that the collapse of the United States will occur by 2010," Panarin told dozens of students, professors and diplomats on Tuesday at the Diplomatic Academy - a lecture the ministry pointedly invited foreign media to attend.

The prediction from Panarin, a former spokesman for Russia's Federal Space Agency and reportedly an ex-KGB analyst, meshes with the negative view of the United States that has been flowing from the Kremlin in recent years, in particular from Vladimir Putin.

Putin, the former president who is now prime minister, has likened the United States to Nazi Germany's Third Reich and blames Washington for the global financial crisis that has pounded the Russian economy.

Panarin didn't give many specifics on what underlies his analysis, mostly citing newspapers, magazines and other open sources.

He also noted he had been predicting the demise of the world's wealthiest country for more than a decade now.

But he said the recent economic turmoil in the U.S. and other "social and cultural phenomena" led him to nail down a specific timeframe for "The End" - when the United States will break up into six autonomous regions and Alaska will revert to Russian control.

Panarin argued that Americans are in moral decline, saying their great psychological stress is evident from school shootings, the size of the prison population and the number of gay men.

Turning to economic woes, he cited the slide in major stock indexes, the decline in U.S. gross domestic product and Washington's bailout of banking giant Citigroup as evidence that American dominance of global markets has collapsed.

"I was there recently and things are far from good," he said. "What's happened is the collapse of the American dream."

Panarin insisted he didn't wish for a U.S. collapse, but he predicted Russia and China would emerge from the economic turmoil stronger and said the two nations should work together, even to create a new currency to replace the U.S. dollar.

Asked for comment on how the Foreign Ministry views Panarin's theories, a spokesman said all questions had to be submitted in writing.

It wasn't clear how persuasive the 20-minute lecture was. One instructor asked Panarin whether his predictions more accurately describe Russia, which is undergoing its worst economic crisis in a decade as well as a demographic collapse that has led some scholars to predict the country's demise.

Panarin dismissed that idea: "The collapse of Russia will not occur."

But Alexei Malashenko, a scholar-in-residence at the Carnegie Moscow Centre who did not attend the lecture, sided with the sceptical instructor, saying Russia is the country that is on the verge of disintegration.

"I can't imagine at all how the United States could ever fall apart," Malashenko said.

The Associated Press

Psychonaut
04-12-2009, 05:25 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. It seems to me that there is a certain mindset that is shared by those who believe Obama to be the Messiah and those who believe him to be the Antichrist. Both types attribute the man far more power than he has and expect far greater things from him (for good or ill) than any president is likely to achieve.

Gooding
04-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I think some people overestimate the importance of the United States in the affairs of the world in general, never mind its showboating president...of course, I do find it interesting that the Russians are so interested in our dissolution and the Chinese, as usual, don't comment but simply..wait..

Eldritch
04-12-2009, 09:17 AM
We shouldn't take this nonsense seriously, as it is strictly for domestic comsumption. Russians are one of the most racist and chauvinistic peoples in the world, yet have low self-esteem and still resent the fall of CCCP. China may well become the number one superpower in the world, but makes this clown assume they'll want to drag Russia up with them? :coffee:

Gooding
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
The Chinese have their own racial consciousness, as do the Japanese. If they would be interested in Russia at all, I would say it would simply be to annex portions of Siberia that border their own country.If they rise, they'll rise alone.

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Making predictions is a sport for brave people.

More often than not they don't turn our as expected. There is a US guy (of Russian background) who has written some interesting comparitive articles on the demise of the USSR vs the demise of the USA. A recent lecture of his is also available where he explains his visions of the future (with some dry humour). I thought it was worth watching but of course, it's just one possible interpretation so keep an open mind.

A popular and thought provoking article by him here:

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/23259

The lecture:

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4753985/Dmitry_Orlov__Social_Collapse_Best_Practices.47539 85.TPB.torrent

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 12:34 PM
We shouldn't take this nonsense seriously, as it is strictly for domestic comsumption. Russians are one of the most racist and chauvinistic peoples in the world, yet have low self-esteem and still resent the fall of CCCP. China may well become the number one superpower in the world, but makes this clown assume they'll want to drag Russia up with them? :coffee:

Think we're all racist / chauvinist to a degree, same with the Russians. A lot of the resentment was (imo) not caused so much by the fall of the CCCP but by what happened afterwards.

People lost everything, they were thrown to the wolves while the US in particular treated them like Africans, trumpeted their "magnificent Cold War victory" and flooded Russia with economic gangsters and hitmen who looted the country even further with the aid of Russian oligarchs and criminal insiders.

For some years after the CCCP fragmented many Russians believed that the Cold War was over and that a new era of cooperation and friendship with the West had arrived. Of course they were wrong. The Western rulers and NATO never had such intentions and have been pursuing a Yugoslavian breakup model for Russia ever since the CCCP was fragmented.

The Russians aren't completely stupid. It took them a while to understand what was happening but today they understand it only too well and this in turn has awakened, emboldened and fed hardcore nationalist elements within their midsts. Imo much of the blame for an increasingly worsening situation lies at the foot of the West and its expansionist / Imperialist policies. Treating a country like Russia as if it were some African or Arab Bananastan was never going to be a smart thing to do yet this is what the West has done since the 1990's.

As for the Chinese, my understanding was that Russians considered them to be friendly and "partners" but I agree with you and don't completely share those views. The Chinese have their own agenda and are rapidly becoming a formiddable force. If things continue the way they are it won't be too much longer before Chinese groups will effectively control Russia's Far East even if the borders would still officially be those of Russia.

Eldritch
04-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Think we're all racist / chauvinist to a degree, same with the Russians.

Certainly true. Of course when you make statements about an entire nation you're making always making enormous generalisations.

A lot of the resentment was (imo) not caused so much by the fall of the CCCP but by what happened afterwards.

People lost everything, they were thrown to the wolves while the US in particular treated them like Africans, trumpeted their "magnificent Cold War victory" and flooded Russia with economic gangsters and hitmen who looted the country even further with the aid of Russian oligarchs and criminal insiders.

This is also true. However notice that the boldened part is a description of how the status quo in Russia has always been, whether it was during the Czars, under Soviet rule and now under Putinism.

Hors
04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
The US budget deficit in the 2009 fiscal year is one TRILLION dollars (the absolute record), yet they spend 26.1% of state income on military purposes, as opposed to 20.6% in 2007.

America is doomed, and the American elite know it, but before it falls apart there will be WAR.

Hors
04-12-2009, 05:16 PM
This is also true. However notice that the boldened part is a description of how the status quo in Russia has always been, whether it was during the Czars, under Soviet rule and now under Putinism.

Regular Finnish crap.

Hors
04-12-2009, 05:19 PM
The Chinese have their own agenda and are rapidly becoming a formiddable force. If things continue the way they are it won't be too much longer before Chinese groups will effectively control Russia's Far East even if the borders would still officially be those of Russia.

I don't see how. There are many time more Chinese in California than in the Russian Far East.

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I should have qualified the term "oligarchs" better.

While some of them are ethnic Russians, the dominant group amongst them are Russian Jews. Nevertheless, unfortunately it is also true that throughout its history Russian people have traditionally been exploited and oppressed more by their rulers (Mongols, ethnic Russians, Russian Germans, Soviets etc) than what would be considered the norm in the rest of Europe.

Imo Putin isn't perfect and could certainly be doing more to reform the country and to tackle corruption and exploitation but overall the country has enjoyed more relative freedom and stability than under probably every government which preceded it. Naturally the credit for this isn't solely down to Putin but if nothing else, he has been a stabilising influence in a complex and difficult to manage and control Empire.

From a Russian perspective (in other words when trying to look at it from that angle) I have misgivings about Medvedev and trust him less than I trust Putin. (Not that any leader is likely to be completely trustworthy but some are better than others).

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't see how. There are many time more Chinese in California than in the Russian Far East.

Perhaps but only 2 decades ago there were almost none.

- Also, many Chinese in California are more Americanised in the same way that many Koreans have been Russified.

- The Pacific Ocean forms a barrier between direct Chinese / US links while no such barrier exists between Russia and China.

- Much of the economic activities in the region is driven from or by China.

It may not be the case yet but if current trends continue over time China will cement its position there.

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
The US budget deficit in the 2009 fiscal year is one TRILLION dollars (the absolute record), yet they spend 26.1% of state income on military purposes, as opposed to 20.6% in 2007.

America is doomed, and the American elite know it, but before it falls apart there will be WAR.

They're technically insolvent, sure but on the other hand it's debateable how much this really matters since they enjoy a petro-dollar monopoly and dumb Middle Eastern camel drivers still accept worthless paperpayments for oil. (In return for US military protection against their own people and their enemies).

This system enables the US to continue printing (yes worthless) money.

Until the global financial system is reformed and moved off using dollars as the currency of choice for energy transactions, and pricing of goods and commodities and countries stopped investing in dollar Treasury Bonds the US will continue running up unpayable deficits and it wouldn't make much difference.

Hors
04-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Perhaps but only 2 decades ago there were almost none.

Several tens of thousands is still almost none.

They're technically insolvent, sure but on the other hand it's debateable how much this really matters since they enjoy a petro-dollar monopoly and dumb Middle Eastern camel drivers still accept worthless paperpayments for oil.

Not that dumb. He is FORCED to accept them. And still the system is already unbalanced beyond repair.

This system enables the US to continue printing (yes worthless) money.

But nobody is buying them. Petrol is not enough already. The last source was Eastern Europe and, for a short time, Russia. But Eastern Europe is finished, it's already bankrupt.

Until the global financial system is reformed and moved off using dollars as the currency of choice for energy transactions, and pricing of goods and commodities and countries stopped investing in dollar Treasury Bonds the US will continue running up unpayable deficits and it wouldn't make much difference.

No, you're wrong. They've already increased the interest rate many a time to accumulate dollars in circulation, they can't keep increasing it for ever...

Æmeric
04-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Russian Professor Predicts End of US (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1040) :coffee:

Loki
04-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Russian Professor Predicts End of US (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1040) :coffee:

Threads merged.

RoyBatty
04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Several tens of thousands is still almost none.

Yes but that situation will surely change.

Not that dumb. He is FORCED to accept them. And still the system is already unbalanced beyond repair.

Kissinger convinced the Arabs in the 1970's (I think?) to take petro-dollars. That's how the US managed to stay in business when their economy was being drained by the hugely expensive Vietnam fiasco. The Arab dictators gladly took the money because:

- in return the US provided the technical expertise to develop their oilfields
- the US kept them in power by providing military security

The scam is the money itself isn't worth anything since US and "Fed" accounting practices are corrupt and the money isn't backed up by anything of value. Today the Arabs may be "forced" to accept it but it wasn't initially the case.

Another interesting case in point (slightly off topic) is that two ME countries DID NOT sign up to the Kissinger petrodollar deal and have been cursed for that infraction ever since. The two countries are of course Iraq and Iran who were first encouraged to wage war upon one another and later (Iraq) invaded.

But nobody is buying them. Petrol is not enough already. The last source was Eastern Europe and, for a short time, Russia. But Eastern Europe is finished, it's already bankrupt.

Wheels have to keep turning, oil and gas is the lifeblood of agriculture and industry so more money is printed and more oil is bought. Since the Fed stopped publishing M3 data a year or two ago nobody knows how many dollars are in circulation anymore confusing matters even further.

No, you're wrong. They've already increased the interest rate many a time to accumulate dollars in circulation, they can't keep increasing it for ever...

I agree, it can't last forever but they're not out of business yet. He who controls oil supplies doesn't need to care as much about whether the accounting books balance or not. It will take some time before the dollar is abandoned as the world's reserve currency and until that happens there will be a demand for it and consequently the US deficit will simply be increased in the mean time.

Hors
04-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes but that situation will surely change.

The economy of the Russian Far East could not accomodate a significant number of the Chinese in any case, and surely not in the times of the crisis.

Foreign workers are already leaving Moscow en masse, I believe the sam eapplies to the Far East.

Eldritch
04-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Regular Finnish crap.

As opposed to irregular? Care to elaborate, or are meaningless potshots like this all you have?

Hors
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
How could I possibly elaborate absurdity of your claims? And should I? Finnish posters (almost 100% are Russophobs) are known for their irrationality, it's a waste of time to reason with them, they only flood, flame and troll.

In any case, it's you who is making claims, the burden of proof/elabaration is on you... For starters, try to explaine how come that under Czars' oppression the population of Russia increased from 5 to 170 millions in less than 200 years?

The Lawspeaker
04-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Translation: I don't want to defend my claims because I know that they are hors-shit. *

*Spelling error intended.

Eldritch
04-13-2009, 03:19 PM
How could I possibly elaborate absurdity of your claims? And should I? Finnish posters (almost 100% are Russophobs) are known for their irrationality, it's a waste of time to reason with them, they only flood, flame and troll.

Questions arise.

So the veracity of a certain claim depends on the identity and the nationality of the person making them?

So a group of people defined as "Finnish posters" are known to be irrational Russophobic trolls. Where? Among whom?

(btw love the way how anyone who ever says anything unpleasant about Russia is always called a Russophobe. Almost as if Russophilia was somehow mandatory)

If someone you know hardly anything about says something you don't like, wouldn't it make more sense to try to refute their claims, instead of some kind of lowest-common-denominator assault against all people who share the few attributes of theirs you are aware of?

For starters, try to explaine how come that under Czars' oppression the population of Russia increased from 5 to 170 millions in less than 200 years?

A 34-fold population increase in 200, or less than 200, years? Well, why the hell not. When, where and how did this happen? And how is it relevant?

Hors
04-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Questions arise.

"... it's a waste of time to reason with them, they only flood, flame and troll."

A 34-fold population increase in 200, or less than 200, years? Well, why the hell not. When, where and how did this happen? And how is it relevant?

It happened due to terrible Czarist oppression. More terrible oppression is, more significantly population grows, eh?

Eldritch
04-14-2009, 05:33 AM
It happened due to terrible Czarist oppression. More terrible oppression is, more significantly population grows, eh?

Yes, yes. But where can I look this up to confirm it by myself?

Hors
04-14-2009, 06:00 AM
http://demoscope.ru/weekly/knigi/rashyn/rashyn.html

Eldritch
04-14-2009, 07:07 AM
http://demoscope.ru/weekly/knigi/rashyn/rashyn.html

Oswiu, how much would you charge for translating this?

Vulpix
04-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Oswiu, how much would you charge for translating this?

Alternatively, if you're short on cash and time there's Google translate (http://translate.google.com/) ;).

Hors
04-16-2009, 05:27 AM
Gov. Rick Perry: Texas might have to secede.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/15/perry-texas-secession

Looks like the process of dissolution of the US is well on the way already.

rick1977
05-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Well Its 2014 + 5 months... So looks like this prediction is well off. I call it bullshit.

That said he is right on that the US is bankrupt only way to reset things is a MAJOR Global War!