PDA

View Full Version : Heterophobia does it exist?

RussiaPrussia
11-29-2013, 12:50 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=heterophobia

opinions?

Prisoner Of Ice
12-02-2013, 04:08 AM
It's the only explanation for gay activists and sexual "education" in school.

KidMulat
12-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Until gays dictate laws for heterosexuals and tell them that they most keep quite who and what they want, hetero phobia is just a term used by people folks who can't handle the flow of information and the creation of more friendly spaces for everyone.

Neuron
12-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Sure.

dude
12-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Yes.

Fags who resent straight females because if it wasn't for them, other men would have sex with other males...wait, don't they do that in Arabville?

Prisoner Of Ice
12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Until gays dictate laws for heterosexuals and tell them that they most keep quite who and what they want, hetero phobia is just a term used by people folks who can't handle the flow of information and the creation of more friendly spaces for everyone.

People like you basically want to tear down everything, and that is worse than all the massive oppression supposedly happening to gays today. You would create gulags and kill off half the population if you could. Power doesn't mean you are in the wrong, the fact that so little is done in the west to oppress compared to the rest of the world is what says you are full of crap.

KidMulat
12-05-2013, 06:29 PM
People like you basically want to tear down everything, and that is worse than all the massive oppression supposedly happening to gays today. You would create gulags and kill off half the population if you could. Power doesn't mean you are in the wrong, the fact that so little is done in the west to oppress compared to the rest of the world is what says you are full of crap.

Until homosexuals can dictate the sexual and matrimonial lives of their peers, until homosexuals create moral and and social views that have people caste of hetero sexual youths, until homosexuals bully heterosexual children to the point of suicide dozens of times a year there will be not heterophobia.

Say what ever you want cave man, I have not fucks to give.

Sarmatian
12-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Until homosexuals can dictate the sexual and matrimonial lives of their peers, until homosexuals create moral and and social views that have people caste of hetero sexual youths, until homosexuals bully heterosexual children to the point of suicide dozens of times a year there will be not heterophobia.

Say what ever you want cave man, I have not fucks to give.

Heterophobia is not a real life process resulted in actions of specific individuals, it's a state of mind, an attitude of said individuals. Same as homophobia is the attitude of some straight individuals that leads them to certain actions. The only difference is homos are minority and can't express their attitudes openly or they risk their lives. While straight folk can express aggression and get away with it. The fact that homos can't do it today doesn't mean they do not want to.

Also
12-06-2013, 04:54 AM
I never felt prejudice for being straight.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Personally, I don't even think in most of the US that gay people are oppressed. I say that gays and lesbians in the US who feel "oppressed" (especially white gay men who are privileged in more ways than one) ought to try living in one of the regions where there is death penalty for being gay and then come back to the US and see how oppressed they feel. Oh boo hoo I can't marry in every state, I could have it much worse.

And this is from the perspective of a gay man. I do not think we're nearly as oppressed as we think, and I think we victimize ourselves and start to fall victim to our mindset. Being disowned by your family is wrong, but it's not oppression, for it's not systematic.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Heterophobia is not a real life process resulted in actions of specific individuals, it's a state of mind, an attitude of said individuals. Same as homophobia is the attitude of some straight individuals that leads them to certain actions. The only difference is homos are minority and can't express their attitudes openly or they risk their lives. While straight folk can express aggression and get away with it. The fact that homos can't do it today doesn't mean they do not want to.

No bro; if I say I can't stand straight cis people its because I have dealt with their shot far too long, if I want to segregate myself with other trans people its because I want to experience being in a place where I am on equal footing with others.

It is not the same; it is not based on superiority, it is not based morality, its not based on anything except the reactions of dealing with a population that is not receptive to me which is different than most of the shit people throw at me and those in their minds who are like me.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Personally, I don't even think in most of the US that gay people are oppressed. I say that gays and lesbians in the US who feel "oppressed" (especially white gay men who are privileged in more ways than one) ought to try living in one of the regions where there is death penalty for being gay and then come back to the US and see how oppressed they feel. Oh boo hoo I can't marry in every state, I could have it much worse.

And this is from the perspective of a gay man. I do not think we're nearly as oppressed as we think, and I think we victimize ourselves and start to fall victim to our mindset. Being disowned by your family is wrong, but it's not oppression, for it's not systematic.

*Eye roll of the fucking century*

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:14 AM
*Eye roll of the fucking century*

If you want to be victimized and fall victim to that mentality, fine. But I have never been "oppressed" for being gay, and I dare anyone to try.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:23 AM
If you want to be victimized and fall victim to that mentality, fine. But I have never been "oppressed" for being gay, and I dare anyone to try.

I and my friends are targeted every fucking year 40 deaths of black transgender people this year and it happened on the busy street one block away from a queer community center in Harlem were I lived no more than two minutes walk.

I have been almost arrested for carrying a condom in my bag because in San Francisco until recently holding a condom was "evidence" of prostitution and I only got out of it because I sound good (aka white)

Black trans people are oppressed, we are targeted, we are the highest demographic to be murdered in this fucking country and one of the most assaulted people in this country

Fuck you and your bullshit mediocre gay male point of view and fuck your bull shit opinion; I don't need to go to another motherfucking country punk ass fool all I need to do is make the wrong fucking turn or make eye contact with some guy who thinks I am trying to "trick" him and I am out.

Transgender Day of Remembrance is real dumbass and its even realer when every year you can say you know someone who got shot or beat to death.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:26 AM
I and my friends are targeted every fucking year 40 deaths of black transgender people this year and it happened on the busy street one block away from a queer community center in Harlem were I lived no more than two minutes walk.

That's the main source of your oppression.. the racism and transphobia. Your entire post is predicated on being black and trans.. neither of those are things that I was even talking about, way to deflect. I'm not denying that you experience oppression, I'm denying that in most of the country, a white gay male does.I wasn't talking about the entire LGBT community, I specifically said "gay men and lesbians", who are NOT nearly as oppressed in the US as we often think nor as much as would be in places like Saudi Arabia where there is the death penalty just for being gay.

Learn to read or shut the fuck up.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:31 AM
That's the main source of your oppression.. the racism and transphobia. Your entire post is predicated on being black and trans.. neither of those are things that I was even talking about, way to deflect. I'm not denying that you experience oppression, I'm denying that in most of the country, a white gay male does.I wasn't talking about the entire LGBT community, I specifically said "gay men and lesbians", who are NOT nearly as oppressed in the US as we often think nor as much as would be in places like Saudi Arabia where there is the death penalty just for being gay.

Learn to read or shut the fuck up.

Trans* as in an umbrella term used to denote all gender non-conforming populations including those percieved as effeminate or masculine portray cissexual men and women respectively.

I don't play oppression Olympics I am in a "refuge" city with gays and trans* people from all over the world and I am here to say even in this city; even in the cities right around SF your life is in danger.

But again you are a cissexual white gay man in a safe neighborhood; so ofcourse you will speak for us all in this country because hell look at any major LGBT publication and organization speaking for us already

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:32 AM
You learn to shut the fuck up

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:34 AM
But again you are a cissexual white gay man in a safe neighborhood; so ofcourse you will speak for us all in this country because hell look at any major LGBT publication and organization speaking for us already

The thing is, I don't let anyone victimize me. But then again I've never even faced an ounce of discrimination for being gay. And you don't know where I live, so you can't make assumptions. If you think gays and lesbians have it as bad as people who are visually "minority", then fine, but I'd think as someone who is both gay and a minority, you'd know which one causes most of the oppression you face.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:35 AM
You learn to shut the fuck up

Why don't you go take a blunt object and shove it.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Why don't you go take a blunt object and shove it.

Only serve what you can take

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 05:37 AM
KitMulat get a life...

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Only serve what you can take

Apparently, you can't take it because you resort to personal attacks. I don't know what you experience, and I'm not going to pretend I do, but I know for a fact that white gay men are NOT an oppressed group.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:41 AM
The thing is, I don't let anyone victimize me. But then again I've never even faced an ounce of discrimination for being gay. And you don't know where I live, so you can't make assumptions. If you think gays and lesbians have it as bad as people who are visually "minority", then fine, but I'd think as someone who is both gay and a minority, you'd know which one causes most of the oppression you face.

"I am a Mohawk woman… You cannot ask me to speak as a woman because I cannot speak as just a woman. That is not the voice that I have been given. Gender does not transcend race. The voice that I have been given is the voice of a Mohawk woman and if you must talk to me about women, somewhere along the line you must talk about race."

Patricia A. Monture-Okanee, “The Violence We Women Do: A First Nations View”

My identities are not in a vacuum I live them simultaneously so no I do not say gays have it worse than trans but I will say that the issues I have affect me in a way that does not someone not like me and that my identities compounded have consequences that another me won't.

It does not mean I have it worse, it means I have a different experience.

Oppression Olympics is a game for children; fuck that noise.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:42 AM
My identities are not in a vacuum I live them simultaneously so no I do not say gays have it worse than trans but I will say that the issues I have affect me in a way that does not someone not like me and that my identities compounded have consequences that another me won't.

Ok, and where have I denied that? I have said WHITE GAY MEN ARE NOT OPPRESSED. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

Since you're apparently too inept to get it, I made it in bold.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Apparently, you can't take it because you resort to personal attacks. I don't know what you experience, and I'm not going to pretend I do, but I know for a fact that white gay men are NOT an oppressed group.

Do not generalize the LGBTQ experience I this country, speak from your experience and set when it comes to LGBTQ issues in the United States because we live vastly different experience.

If an eyeroll is a personal attack and telling your to stfu is a personal attack so be it but until you have people you know get gunned down every year for being who they are you have no right to say "its worse internationally"

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:44 AM
KitMulat get a life...

Got one, working in non-profit organizations to empower low income and transgender people and creating political actions.

I got life hun, a lot of it.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:44 AM
If an eyeroll is a personal attack and telling your to stfu is a personal attack so be it but until you have people you know get gunned down every year for being who they are you have no right to say "its worse internationally"

You're speaking about people who are transgendered or genderqueer, not your run of the mill white gay male who are the people I am speaking about.. my OWN demographic. Again, learn to read or shut the fuck up.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:45 AM
"
Oppression Olympics is a game for children; fuck that noise.

Then stop playing it, it's all you do.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:47 AM
You're speaking about people who are transgendered or genderqueer, not your run of the mill white gay male who are the people I am speaking about.. my OWN demographic. Again, learn to read or shut the fuck up.

Trans* the word trans* is not just genderqueer and transgender how do you not know that?

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Trans* the word trans* is not just genderqueer and transgender how do you not know that?

The way it is used in standard LGBT discourse is someone who identifies with a different gender than the one that corresponds to their genitalia, while genderqueer means identifying outside of the gender binary. You don't get to redefine these terms at will, sorry.

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Who wouldn't want to oppress you, KidMulat. You are so obsessed with people insulting you and your weird view on how everything is "up in the air" and you use crazy terminology created by nutjob "psychologists" XD! I think this whole Trans thing is a mess. People need to learn about the definition of Gender before and how that whole "gender identity" thing is BS because most of this "gender" related stuff is cultural things associated with Gender, and not REAL things. I had a friend that went thru a "trans" stage but he realized he was a guy with some tendencies of women, some of which were quite unique, but some were just differences from men in THIS culture.

If you like men, you are just a gay man... You are still a man though. Doesn;t change that. The idea of gender being mental/emotional is not scientific. Get over it. You can just be a man who acts like a woman if you want... Fine with me... but you will NEVER convince me. I think too scientifically for that BS.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Then stop playing it, it's all you do.

Did you not just say your privileged, did you not just say yes trans people have a different experience? I am saying that acknowledging we have different experiences in our lives does not warrant some arbitrary tally system but that most importantly its important to remember your place and that people are living lives like those in other countries and that your statement is erasing that reality.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:50 AM
The way it is used in standard LGBT discourse is someone who identifies with a different gender than the one that corresponds to their genitalia, while genderqueer means identifying outside of the gender binary. You don't get to redefine these terms at will, sorry.

Lol
http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2012/05/what-does-the-asterisk-in-trans-stand-for/

Your behind, trans* and transgender has been used 5 or 6 years now as an umbrella term

Sorry :D

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Did you not just say your privileged, did you not just say yes trans people have a different experience? I am saying that acknowledging we have different experiences in our lives does not warrant some arbitrary tally system but that most importantly its important to remember your place and that people are living lives like those in other countries and that your statement is erasing that reality.

I do recognize that I am privileged, relative to people who are not white, not cisgendered, and LGBT in other countries far more oppressive than this one. I have acknowledged that, and my recognition of my privilege is exactly WHY I do not think white gay men in the US are oppressed.

You, on the other hand, are a chronically offended individual who searches for reasons to be offended, and if you can't find one you'll search tirelessly for one and then never let it drop.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Who wouldn't want to oppress you, KidMulat. You are so obsessed with people insulting you and your weird view on how everything is "up in the air" and you use crazy terminology created by nutjob "psychologists" XD! I think this whole Trans thing is a mess. People need to learn about the definition of Gender before and how that whole "gender identity" thing is BS because most of this "gender" related stuff is cultural things associated with Gender, and not REAL things. I had a friend that went thru a "trans" stage but he realized he was a guy with some tendencies of women, some of which were quite unique, but some were just differences from men in THIS culture.

If you like men, you are just a gay man... You are still a man though. Doesn;t change that. The idea of gender being mental/emotional is not scientific. Get over it. You can just be a man who acts like a woman if you want... Fine with me... but you will NEVER convince me. I think too scientifically for that BS.

Get into the DSM, get into GID, come back to me.

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Got one, working in non-profit organizations to empower low income and transgender people and creating political actions.

I got life hun, a lot of it.

Pointless goal there hahahaha! Transgender is a lie. It is unscientific and pointless. Just because you like the idea of being a different gender and maybe you are attracted to the same sex... and maybe you have CULTURALLY feminine traits... DOES NOT FUCKING MEAN YOU ARE A DIFF GENDER! YOU ARE STILL WHAT YOU ARE! GET OVER IT! SCIENCE, BRAHHH!!!

Sikeliot
I see his point. If we didn't have it deeply ingrained in our society that "women must do X, and men must do Y", "men must like this, women must like that", "real women do this, real men do that", then people who don't conform to these social constructs and arbitrary societal norms would not feel the need to change how they identify their gender to match them.

Men should be able to want to wear heels and like pink WITHOUT being told they're "not a man" and should get a sex change.

KidMulat
I do recognize that I am privileged, relative to people who are not white, not cisgendered, and LGBT in other countries far more oppressive than this one. I have acknowledged that, and my recognition of my privilege is exactly WHY I do not think white gay men in the US are oppressed.

You, on the other hand, are a chronically offended individual who searches for reasons to be offended, and if you can't find one you'll search tirelessly for one and then never let it drop.

Don't need to search as you can honestly not understand, this is why the LGBTQ world is so fractured, folks want to think there has been so much that has advanced and quite frankly people still living like Sylvia Rivera and Marsha P Johnson.

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Get into the DSM, get into GID, come back to me.

NO! You brush up on your science and stop listening to pseudoscientists who just listen to emotions. Fools.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Pointless goal there hahahaha! Transgender is a lie. It is unscientific and pointless. Just because you like the idea of being a different gender and maybe you are attracted to the same sex... and maybe you have CULTURALLY feminine traits... DOES NOT FUCKING MEAN YOU ARE A DIFF GENDER! YOU ARE STILL WHAT YOU ARE! GET OVER IT! SCIENCE, BRAHHH!!!

They don't evaluate by that lol; its not a matter of behavior or thoughts of what is womanhood or manhood.

Who the fuck taught you that haha

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 05:57 AM
They don't evaluate by that lol; its not a matter of behavior or thoughts of what is womanhood or manhood.

Who the fuck taught you that haha

Than what the HELL is it you idiot?!?!? WHAT?!?!?! MALE IS MALE FEMALE IS FEMALE! IF YOU ARE HERMAPHRODITE, GOOD FOR YOU! TRANS IS FAKE AS CAN BE YOU FOOL!

I don't have to talk to you anymore. You are clearly a fool. Even your ratio of thumbs up to thumbs down reveals this. Everyone knows you are a fool.

Sikeliot
12-06-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm not saying that trans people don't have struggles, or that they are unworthy of dignity and respect. I am saying that there would be no such thing if archaic gender roles were not enforced in the US such that people who don't conform to society's idea of what a man "should" be and what a woman "should" be were allowed to be a man who wears heels, or a woman who plays football.

KidMulat
Than what the FUCK is it you idiot?!?!? WHAT?!?!?! MALE IS MALE FEMALE IS FEMALE! IF YOU ARE HERMAPHRODITE, GOOD FOR YOU! TRANS IS FAKE AS CAN BE YOU FOOL!

You're obviously blissfully unaware of both my identity and the concept of gender itself.

Hell if you want to get knit picky "Gay" isn't a real identity since for all of human history until about 100 years ago people were not categorized by who they had sex with; its not "real" yet people think they are gay, know that they are gay and identify as such.

Colonel Frank Grimes
Heterophobia doesn't exist and hence why it's found in the "urbandictionary" and not anywhere else (safe assumption; don't care to check).

It would be impossible for a homosexual to go through life with a fear or prejudice of straight people. They wouldn't even be able to get through the front door. They're kind of, um, out numbered. I suppose there might be someone in a psychiatric ward freaking out about straight people... anything is possible.

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-06-2013, 06:04 AM
You're obviously blissfully unaware of both my identity and the concept of gender itself.

Hell if you want to get knit picky "Gay" isn't a real identity sense for all of human history until about 100 years ago people were not categorized by who they had sex with; its not "real" yet people think they are gay, know that they are gay and identify as such.

Nothing is real; everything is permitted. Up is down and down is up.

Are you a Lewis Carrol fan, kidmulat?

The word used in the past wasn't gay but a different word: sodomite; that's what they were categorized. At least in Christian society it was sodomite.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:07 AM

The word used in the past wasn't gay but a different word: sodomite; that's what they were categorized. At least in Christian society it was sodomite.

A sodomite was someone who committed an act but it was never an identity.

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 06:08 AM

Hell if you want to get knit picky "Gay" isn't a real identity since for all of human history until about 100 years ago people were not categorized by who they had sex with; its not "real" yet people think they are gay, know that they are gay and identify as such.

Your concept of gender itself must be full of SHIT! Gender is what it is. You can't dodge the bullet and fake your way through it. Grow up and face the facts. "Gender roles" have nothing to do with gender. Either does sexual orientation. Or the fact that you like to dress up in your mom's Lingerie. I don't care if you do that. You are what you are physically, at birth. I will accept you only as that. You can be an efeminate man, and i will not slam you... but if you try to be all BS with that "I'm genderless" bull or "I'm a woman not a man" stuff I will laugh in your face.

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 06:08 AM

THANKS! KidMulat is an idiot. Thinks everything is relative.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Your concept of gender itself must be full of SHIT! Gender is what it is. You can't dodge the bullet and fake your way through it. Grow up and face the facts. "Gender roles" have nothing to do with gender. Either does sexual orientation.

Gender identity like all identities are essentialist in creation, its unrealistic to say one is real and the other isn't when we are recognizing that yes on a cerebral level there are differences maybe not fundamental but differences neither the less.

Regardless of said identities the realities that come with such are real and have reactions that may or may not be positives.

Before me there were Yau Daudu, fa'afafine, Māhū, Hijra, feminello, mukahanthum, etc... And it will always be here; hell we have precedent more than any person who identifies as gay or lesbian can say.

Maleficent
12-06-2013, 06:17 AM
The term 'homophobia' itself doesn't even properly make sense. It has 'phobia' in it, which means fear. People who are 'homophobic' aren't 'scared' of gay people, they are discriminating against them.....

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-06-2013, 06:22 AM
A sodomite was someone who committed an act but it was never an identity.

Our actions define us. A thief is defined by his thievery.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:23 AM
The term 'homophobia' itself doesn't even properly make sense. It has 'phobia' in it, which means fear. People who are 'homophobic' aren't 'scared' of gay people, they are discriminating against them.....

There are people who discriminate in fear that homosexuality and gender variance is a disease or sickness that is taking over and destroying the world/their country/their religion.

Then again I see homophobia/racism/sexism as a reaction to fear in general but thats a matter of POV

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Our actions define us. A thief is defined by his thievery.

A thief is only a thief when he theives; we may keep that label on them if and when they end it but its not really an identity its a label or occupation.

Maleficent
There are people who discriminate in fear that homosexuality and gender variance is a disease or sickness that is taking over and destroying the world/their country/their religion.

Then again I see homophobia/racism/sexism as a reaction to fear in general but thats a matter of POVSo you don't think fear and discrimination are different things?!

Colonel Frank Grimes

I know of one guy who suffers from a long list of phobias that can not deal with homosexuals; he just freaks out.

I would say my discomfort around homosexuals is a type of irrational fear.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:26 AM
So you don't think fear and discrimination are different things?!

I feel the discrimination is based around fear but that the two words are not interchangeable.

Make sense?

Maleficent
12-06-2013, 06:30 AM
I feel the discrimination is based around fear but that the two words are not interchangeable.

Make sense?

Yes it does make sense, but I don't think it's the case in every situation. They can't always be non-interchangeable.

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-06-2013, 06:30 AM
A thief is only a thief when he theives; we may keep that label on them if and when they end it but its not really an identity its a label or occupation.

Isn't everything a label then? We label someone with a penis and an Adam's Apple a man, no? If his entire life revolves around thievery that's his identity. If he gives it up, he's moved on to a new identity, whatever that might be.

Thievery is not an occupation, btw.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Yes it does make sense, but I don't think it's the case in every situation. They can't always be non-interchangeable.

If a man is uncomfortable around gays does that not mean he is afraid of them or atleast afraid of what they could do (hit on him, touch him, look at him in a aroused way) so therefore wouldn't their insults or attacks at gay people be from a place of fear?

MINARDOWICZ
12-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Isn't everything a label then? We label someone with a penis and an Adam's Apple a man, no? If his entire life revolves around thievery that's his identity. If he gives it up, he's moved on to a new identity, whatever that might be.

Kit Mulat is a piece of crap hipster. Don't listen to him. He hates "labels" LOL

Maleficent
12-06-2013, 06:43 AM
If a man is uncomfortable around gays does that not mean he is afraid of them or atleast afraid of what they could do (hit on him, touch him, look at him in a aroused way) so therefore wouldn't their insults or attacks at gay people be from a place of fear?

Well I've been hit on by lesbians and I don't feel uncomfortable around them anyway. Does it mean I'm in the closet or does it mean I'm comfortable with my sexuality?!(rhetorical question) These straight men with their fears, insults, and hate against gay men need to gain more confidence in themselves as men first before anything.....

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:43 AM

We place labels on things that have some level of significance but we do not identify with or make an identity from those labeled things.

I do not call myself something because my earlobes are not attached or because I have long eyelashes but that is because society does not place much importance on it to make such traits a quantified identity.

An identity to me is a single or collection of traits deemed quantifiable and of a matter of importance to the point of claiming it as an intrinsic part of oneself.

Before a sodomite was someone who did the act of buggery maybe only once but I can think of no reference were people called themselves sodomites except ironically.

And yes their are people whose occupation is thievery just as there are people who make their money off being con artists.

KidMulat
12-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Well I've been hit on by lesbians and I don't feel uncomfortable around them anyway. Does it mean I'm in the closet or does it mean I'm comfortable with my sexuality?!(rhetorical question) These straight men with their fears, insults, and hate against gay men need to gain more confidence in themselves as men first before anything.....

Masculinity and the maintenance of it is attached to our society placing great importance on the concept of a Man. At this point I still think as a whole, gay men no matter how butch are seen by many as not being 100% man.

But I think the notions of what is man is so limiting, for the guys invested in that limited view of what is a man will therefore react to realign themselves with that societal image in some way. An example: making fun of the "fag" helps reaffirm their manliness which is still centered around the concept of heterosexuality.

Canadian IT
12-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Of course it exists, I've had someone once give me grief for saying how I was disgusted by two men kissing each other in public. They told me they found it disgusting to see a man and a woman together in public.