PDA

View Full Version : Would these British MPs be seen as lighter-than-normal or average in Brazil, Argentina, Cuba and PR?

Tooting Carmen
11-30-2013, 10:34 PM
I made an error with the previous version of this.
Following another thread asking how they'd be seen viz-a-viz the norm in Southern Europe, I shall now ask the same in relation to selected Latin American countries.

Stephen Twigg
http://stephentwiggmp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/stephen-twigg.jpg

John Redwood
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02_02/JohnRedwoodDM_228x335.jpg

Also
11-30-2013, 10:45 PM
They are both lighter than the average brazilian, but if you meant "Are they whiter than the average white brazilian?", Twigg not, Redwood perhaps just a bit, maybe not skinwise but his eyes are lighter than the average.

Tooting Carmen
11-30-2013, 10:49 PM
They are both lighter than the average brazilian, but if you meant "Are they whiter than the average white brazilian?", Twigg not, Redwood perhaps just a bit, maybe not skinwise but his eyes are lighter than the average.

Hmm. You're right - I wasn't sure whether to say all Brazilians or specifically the White ones (who I understand are around half the population anyway). Though there are some Brits who look like them, they are among the darkest 5% or so of the (native White) population of the country. In any event, what is an average White Brazilian look, insofar as there is one at all? Would it be some sort of Portuguese-Italian-German hybrid?

Also
11-30-2013, 10:52 PM
I'd say something around a portuguese+north-italian look.

Tooting Carmen
11-30-2013, 10:53 PM
I'd say something around a portuguese+north-italian look.

Thus skintone wise the majority of White Brazilians would be similar to the two MPs, even with different facial traits?

Sikeliot
11-30-2013, 10:55 PM
They are lighter than average for all of those places except maybe on par with average for Argentina.

Cuba nowadays is very black, compared to in the past, and obviously they are lighter than average Puerto Rican. For Brazil they'd fit in amongst the whites.

Also
11-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Thus skintone wise the majority of White Brazilians would be similar to the two MPs, even with different facial traits?

I believe that or maybe just a bit lighter, we also have to take into account Brazil is mostly a tropical sunny country.

Twigg could easily blend in, Redwood has some sort of Anglo look that is rare, he is the sort of guy I might think is a foreigner if I saw him in an university or in a more international place before he says a word.

Tooting Carmen
11-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks to those who have contributed so far. Anyone else?

curupira
11-30-2013, 11:22 PM

Agreed.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Bump

Sikeliot
12-01-2013, 12:38 AM
I cannot believe you find these two people dark, at all.

Smaug
12-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Regarding the average White Brazilian, boyh would be darker, mainly Twigg.

Also
12-01-2013, 12:42 AM

I didn't say they are dark or anything of the kind. But their skintone is certainly something that wouldn't make them stand out. Blue eyes are more os less common depending on the area, but is not the norm overall, that's why I said his Redwood's eyes are lighter than average.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 12:42 AM

Do you wish me to re-post to you the countless threads I've made of British politicians, sportsmen, actors etc? While their facial traits are normal for the country, their pigmentation, as I said earlier, puts them in the darkest 5% or so of the native White British population. I do not deny that, compared to most other Northern European countries, Brits have a higher percentage of dark hair (and maybe eyes too), but most are still very fair-skinned.

Brighton
12-01-2013, 12:43 AM
2nd one lighter than normal in all of these countries

1st one lighter than normal in Brazil, PR and Cuba. Darker than normal in Argentina (the typical Argentinian is a mix of those two).

Brighton
12-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Regarding the average White Brazilian, boyh would be darker, mainly Twigg.
Oh please, are you for real?? I can't believe this is actually happening

Sikeliot
12-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Do you wish me to re-post to you the countless threads I've made of British politicians, sportsmen, actors etc? While their facial traits are normal for the country, their pigmentation, as I said earlier, puts them in the darkest 5% or so of the native White British population. I do not deny that, compared to most other Northern European countries, Brits have a higher percentage of dark hair (and maybe eyes too), but most are still very fair-skinned.

They might be dark for Brits, but because of their facial traits they would be lighter than average in any Southern European country, and certainly so in any Latin American country.

Also
12-01-2013, 12:48 AM
They might be dark for Brits, but because of their facial traits they would be lighter than average in any Southern European country, and certainly so in any Latin American country.

The topic says "lighter", I believe it means we are supposed to measure color. Some japaneses are pretty light, but they are not whiter than the darkest white brazilian.

And Twigg's facial traits are not something that would stand out, the same is not true for Redwood.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 12:54 AM
The topic says "lighter", I believe it means we are supposed to measure color. Some japaneses are pretty light, but they are not whiter than the darkest white brazilian.

And Twigg's facial traits are not something that would stand out, the same is not true for Redwood.

That's right, I was referring to their pigmentation, regardless of whether or not their facial traits would be typical or common for the countries in question or not.

Brighton
12-01-2013, 12:58 AM
That's right, I was referring to their pigmentation, regardless of whether or not their facial traits would be typical or common for the countries in question or not.
I was referring to colour in my answer.

You should go to Brazil and see it with your own eyes.

Most Brazilians are Mulattos, which means their colour is darker than the first guy in the first post.

Most White Brazilians have Portugueses ancestry -German and Italian ancestry is really overrated by Brazilians in this kind of forums-, which are among the darkest people in Europe.

Reach your own conclusions.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 01:00 AM

Most Brazilians are Mulattos, which means their colour is darker than the first guy in the first post.

Most White Brazilians have Portugueses ancestry -German and Italian ancestry is really overrated by Brazilians in this kind of forums-, which are among the darkest people in Europe.

Italians are comparable to the Portuguese pigmentation-wise, but otherwise I know what you mean.

Smaug
12-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Oh please, are you for real?? I can't believe this is actually happening

I am specifically talking about White-Brazilians, not all Brazilians including Pardos and Mullatos, so yes, they would be darker than the average White Brazilian. What did tou expect in a country where most of Whites are North Italian, German, North Portuguese and Polish?

Also
12-01-2013, 01:05 AM

Most brazilians are not mulatos. :rolleyes:
But obviously the ones who are are darker than both gentlemen posted. That's why I assured I specified they are lighter than the average brazilian but not than the average white brazilian, so mulatos are irrelevant to our discussion.

Italian ancestry is not overrated. And I am not going to discuss if portugueses are lighter than italians or not, we've had plenty of those unfruitful discussions. I'd say most white brazilians I know have italian ancestry, but in Brazil as a whole Portuguese comes first.

Brighton
12-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Italians are comparable to the Portuguese pigmentation-wise, but otherwise I know what you mean.

Yeah but in South American Italians tend to be Northern Italians :p

Brighton
12-01-2013, 01:13 AM
I am specifically talking about White-Brazilians, not all Brazilians including Pardos and Mullatos, so yes, they would be darker than the average White Brazilian. What did tou expect in a country where most of Whites are North Italian, German, North Portuguese and Polish?
North Portuguese :lol:

I have been to Brazil, you can't fool me

Also
12-01-2013, 01:26 AM

I'd put Portuguese first, and I don't know if north portuguese predominates. But other than that what he said is fine.

Tropico
12-01-2013, 01:28 AM
The first guy would be very typical in Puerto Rico.
The second guy would be a bit lighter.

Sikeliot
12-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah but in South American Italians tend to be Northern Italians :p

Northern Italians are comparable to Portuguese in pigmentation, southerners are darker.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Incidentally, here is a thread I made about the UK Official Opposition, which does feature Stephen Twigg. As you'll see, most of the other MPs, whether light-haired or dark-haired, have much fairer skin than he does. Also, @Uhtred: if he does not look like an average White Brazilian, which of these MPs do? http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?101593-UK-Official-Opposition&highlight=official+opposition

Brighton
12-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Northern Italians are comparable to Portuguese in pigmentation, southerners are darker.

Yeah sure

Caismeachd
12-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Yeah, of course they are lighter. They don't look Latino/Spaniard. Even dark haired French people don't look Latino 90% of the time, let alone Brits. People in Argentina are whiter than Brazil and Cuba and PR. But even the whitest Latino Spaniard Argentinians probably won't look British.Spaniards are quite distinct themselves without taking account of Amerindian and negroid influences of the Americas.

Also
12-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Robert, there is no reason why Twigg couldn't be southern european. If anything he looks more southern than northern.

Smaug
12-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Are you retarted? I am talking about White Brazilians, not all the population.

I'd put Portuguese first, and I don't know if north portuguese predominates. But other than that what he said is fine.

Yes, immigration from Minho and Trás-os-Montes was predominant in Brazil.

Smaug
12-01-2013, 12:22 PM

Incidentally, here is a thread I made about the UK Official Opposition, which does feature Stephen Twigg. As you'll see, most of the other MPs, whether light-haired or dark-haired, have much fairer skin than he does. Also, @Uhtred: if he does not look like an average White Brazilian, which of these MPs do? http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?101593-UK-Official-Opposition&highlight=official+opposition

Few of them could pass as White Brazilians, because British traits is rare amongst us. I am an exception because I do have British ancestry.

Also
12-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I think these people are more or less average for white brazilians, not nordics and not white berbers. Please don't quote the pics.

[removed]

It's not like Twigg is supposed to be some super white looking guy when he is on dark side just because he happens to be English.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 06:04 PM
The people in the first of those two pictures Also posted could pass in Britain, even though there is something slightly different about their facial traits, but the people in the second photo look much more distinctly Southern European.

Also
12-01-2013, 06:21 PM
The people in the first of those two pictures Also posted could pass in Britain, even though there is something slightly different about their facial traits, but the people in the second photo look much more distinctly Southern European.

:)

None of them have british ancestry. I find it a bit funny because the ones on the second pic are actually a bit lighter.

Tooting Carmen
12-01-2013, 06:23 PM
:)

None of them have british ancestry. I find it a bit funny because the ones on the second pic are actually a bit lighter.

The two groups are about the same in terms of hair and eye colour, but the people in the second photo would look very atypical in Britain because of their sallow complexions, and the formation of their eyes and noses looks very Southern European (probably Italian).

Also
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
The two groups are about the same in terms of hair and eye colour, but the people in the second photo would look very atypical in Britain because of their sallow complexions, and the formation of their eyes and noses looks very Southern European (probably Italian).

They are all portuguese, italian or a mix of the two. Maybe the 1st one with the leather black jacket has some spanish ancestry since his surname is Martinez.

Prince Carlo
12-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Italians are comparable to the Portuguese pigmentation-wise,

I would say no, my colombian bro.

Smaug
12-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Yeah, of course they are lighter. They don't look Latino/Spaniard. Even dark haired French people don't look Latino 90% of the time, let alone Brits. People in Argentina are whiter than Brazil and Cuba and PR. But even the whitest Latino Spaniard Argentinians probably won't look British.Spaniards are quite distinct themselves without taking account of Amerindian and negroid influences of the Americas.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Argentano
12-01-2013, 11:32 PM
about argentina they wouldnt be seen as atypical because there are lots of politicians who look like them..anyway you can find people who looks lighter and also people who looks darker..

some examples of our current more important politicians that come to my mind..

Martin Redrado

http://www.mdzol.com/files/image/453/453420/5196b841d5e69.jpg

Hermes Binner

http://www.impulsonegocios.com/resources/original/binnerobras.jpg

Axel Kiciloff

http://www.laopinionpopular.com.ar/images/noticias/originales/16653_nacionales.jpg

Juan Cavandie

http://www.elmensajerodiario.com.ar/fotografias/37814_cabandie4.jpg

Amado Boudou

http://www.prensa.argentina.ar/advf/imagenes/4d65a5f6b3f62.jpg

Pino Solanas
http://www.diarioz.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Pino_Juan_cb_051210_3_36909-e1357150234329.jpg

Martin Lousteau

http://www.elconfidencial.com/fotos/noticias/2008042588ministro.jpg

Martin Insaurralde

http://www.radiocooperativa.com.ar/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mart%C3%ADn-Insaurralde.jpg

Mauricio Macri

http://www.colaboras.com/upload/image/Mauricio_macri.jpg

Sergio Massa

http://www.tigre.gov.ar/archivos/prensa/MASSA_FOTO_OFICIAL.jpg

Carlos Reuteman

http://pagina95.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/reutemann.jpg

Also
12-02-2013, 12:58 AM
about argentina they wouldnt be seen as atypical because there are lots of politicians who look like them..anyway you can find people who looks lighter and also people who looks darker..

Do you think John Redwood would stand out a bit in Argentina? Not because of his pigmentation but I feel like he looks just too anglo, it's hard to imagine him as a iberian, italian or german.

Prisoner Of Ice
12-02-2013, 03:07 AM
They don't look all that british, that's for sure. Not so much coloring as whole phenotype.

Funny to me abraham lincoln is supposed to be nonenglish but these guys supposed to be full english.

Argentano
12-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Do you think John Redwood would stand out a bit in Argentina? Not because of his pigmentation but I feel like he looks just too anglo, it's hard to imagine him as a iberian, italian or german.

he would probably stand out for the trainned eyes of this forum but for the regular Argentine eye i dont think they would find many differences between him and lets say Macri

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:04 PM

Sicilians and other southern-Italians are darker than Portuguese but Northerners are definitively lighter than Portuguese.

Exceptions occur at all places, but on average Portuguese people are one of the darkest Europeans (North Italians don't fall exactly at the level of Portguese).

Prince Carlo
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Sicilians and other southern-Italians are darker than Portuguese but Northerners are definitively lighter than Portuguese.

Exceptions occur at all places, but on average Portuguese people are one of the darkest Europeans (North Italians don't fall exactly at the level of Portguese).

Ok my triracial latino friend. I just want to tell you that licking Iberian ass will not make you whiter. Bye. Hahaha.

Übermensch
12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Lighter than the averege black meztiso.

Prince Carlo
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Lighter than the averege black meztiso.

On this "European" forum there are more triracial latinos than Europens. Very bad!

Gaijin
12-02-2013, 02:34 PM

Northern Italians are darker than the Portuguese.
This is a fact, witnessed on how Europeans cluster to each other.

Pigmentation studies have concluded the same.

Southern Italians, Sicilians, Greeks are the darkest Europeans.
They are also the most atypical ones.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Ok my triracial latino friend. I just want to tell you that licking Iberian ass will not make you whiter. Bye. Hahaha.

I am Indian (from India)... I got nothing to do with Iberians.
I like Mediterranean girls and both spanish and Italian girls equally :D
I better keep India rather than American as a country.
hope triracial (European + west asian + south-west Asian) Italian friend would understand it

Prince Carlo
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
I am Indian (from India)... I better keep India rather than American as a country.
hope triracial (European + west asian + south-west Asian) Italian friend would understand it

Yes you are an indian as I am chinese. Now prepare me a good burrito, hermano.

http://www.texmexfood.net/_public-file/burrito.jpg

Also
12-02-2013, 02:44 PM
No. He's really indian, he pmed his photos to a dozen members here, including me.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes you are an indian as I am chinese. Now prepare me a good burrito, hermano.

http://www.texmexfood.net/_public-file/burrito.jpg

damn I am hungry now..this looks awesome

Prince Carlo
12-02-2013, 03:20 PM
No. He's really indian, he pmed his photos to a dozen members here, including me.

His IP is from Texas near the Mexican border...

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 03:25 PM

Are you a James bond???

You are right about IP and so you are going to chase and bust this illegal immigrant ?? :P
I am an Indian and why would I lie?

Also
12-02-2013, 03:47 PM

o.O, how do you know that?

Prince Carlo
12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
o.O, how do you know that?

I asked a mod. xD

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I asked a mod. xD

Holy S**t
your anti-Iberian mindset drives you crazy...which extended to hate even partial/full Iberian Latinos.
:picard2:

dude
12-02-2013, 03:57 PM
The average Latin white does not look like this typical white American family:
http://www.riversideresort-rabbit.com/img/derosefam-cs.jpg

These are typical white people in Argentina:
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200709/r174486_661196.jpg