PDA

View Full Version : Protest against Mosque may be Defined as Hate Crime

sevruk
12-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Three pig heads and bloodied pages of the Koran were scattered across the plot of land allocated to the Association of Muslims in Iceland for the building of a mosque on Wednesday.
http://img.visir.is/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=XZ&Date=20131127&Category=FRETTIR01&ArtNo=131129122&Ref=V2&MaxW=649&NoBorder=1

Professor at the University of Iceland's law department Björg Thorarensen says the incident could be classified as a hate crime but Benedikt Lund at Reykjavík Metropolitan Police told visir.is that it is unlikely that the case will be investigated as they don’t have any evidence. The animal parts and pages of the Koran were discarded by City employees tasked with cleaning up the site after the incident.

According to Benedikt, the police officer on the scene said that there was some paper at the site but didn’t know whether it was related to the issue.

Óskar Bjarnason, who lives in Sweden, told visir.is that he was present when the incident took place and that a group of 20 people are behind the act. Óskar claimed that prominent figures in Reykjavík are among its members. He mentioned examples of protests by others in Sweden but said that the action taken in Iceland was less radical.

Reykjavík City Council formally approved the building site for Iceland’s first mosque in September. The Association of Muslims in Iceland was allocated the plot of land in January.

The association is currently run from a building in Reykjavík but this will be the first building built specifically as a mosque in Iceland. The City Council’s decision has raised much discussion in Iceland.

http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/Protest_against_Mosque_may_be_Defined_as_Hate_Crim e_0_404452.news.aspx
http://www.visir.is/hatursarodur-i-sogamyri/article/2013131129122

respect for Icelanders!

Jehan
10-14-2014, 09:52 PM
There are muslim in Iceland? there are really everywhere.
I'am scare for icelander. That you a small population, i hope you will not see a massive invasion killing you.

Äijä
10-14-2014, 10:01 PM
What the fuck are they doing in Iceland.

FeederOfRavens
10-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Why the fuck is their muslims in Iceland?

Dandelion
10-14-2014, 10:04 PM

Sadly there is but one tiny island in Iceland (Grímsey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%ADmsey)) that's above the polar circle, so they can fast when Ramadan falls on Summer. Anyway, criminalising islamophobia is a very dangerous evolution.

Äijä
10-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Why the fuck is their muslims in Iceland?

It is like the last reserve and now this shit.

Leto
10-14-2014, 10:06 PM
They seem to be infiltrating every country.

Äijä
10-14-2014, 10:08 PM
They should find a place for them next to a volcano, move the whole community there.
Then just wait.

Leto
10-14-2014, 10:14 PM
I have no idea why they go there. Maybe those are some diplomatic officials or something. The country is small and homogeneous, the climate is harsh. I'm white, not darker than them, but I personally wouldn't go there. I would still be a foreigner, I suppose. They seem to be a very close-knit society. Everyone must literally know each other.

Äijä
10-14-2014, 10:17 PM
I have no idea why they go there. Maybe those are some diplomatic officials or something. The country is small and homogeneous, the climate is harsh. I'm white, not darker than them, but I personally wouldn't go there. I would still be a foreigner, I suppose. They seem to be a very close-knit society. Everyone must literally know each other.

They are one family basically, now invaders have arrived.

Shkembe Chorba
10-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Wiki says that only 0.24% of the population of Iceland is Muslim. They are still safe. Not so bright is the situation in our countries, unfortunately, mates.

Dál Riata
10-18-2014, 01:17 PM
The Quran orders them to spread across the whole world and ultimately conquer it and exterminate everyone else. Islam is not just a religion, its a complete way of life and an exclusive culture too.

Iceland must resist them! Islam itself is a Hate Crime!