PDA

View Full Version : Kazimiera: Where does such a large portion of North Atlantic come from??

Kazimiera
12-03-2013, 05:19 AM
It won't be from my mom's side as they are from Central and East Europe, which is where I am probably getting my high Baltic score from.

But equally strong is the North Atlantic component and I have no clue from where. From my father's side they were French (1700's) and also Dutch. But definitely no Englishmen involved where the NA could stem from. Does French show up as North Atlantic? The British Isles have never featured in anything to do with family history.

Help me try and figure this out.

Prisoner Of Ice
12-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Could be displaced karellians for east europe, or old prussian admixture.

Kazimiera
12-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Could be displaced karellians for east europe, or old prussian admixture.

North Atlantic and North has nothing to do with Karelians. As far as I know.

It doesn't explain the high North Atlantic and North Sea scores.

Prisoner Of Ice
12-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Brain fart, for some reason I thought you said finnish.

You should be expecting to have the north atlantic content because normandy was very much like that a few centuries ago. Same with dutch to a degree.

WOOHP
12-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Both Dutch and French have North Atlantic as their biggest component, by far. And Eastern Euros have more North Atlantic than what Western Euros have of the Baltic.

You're half French/Dutch and half Polish?

Kazimiera
12-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Both Dutch and French have North Atlantic as their biggest component, by far. And Eastern Euros have more North Atlantic than what Western Euros have of the Baltic.

You're half French/Dutch and half Polish?

Polish, German, French, Dutch

But the French and Dutch is far, far back - 1700's.

The Polish and German is my mom. Her mom was German and grandpa was Polish.

HellLander87
12-05-2013, 12:24 PM
It's normal for northern europeans.I am from Greece and I have 20% North atlantic.