PDA

View Full Version : Animal eat their own babies....WHY?

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 08:49 AM
They say infanticide among their own is very common..... why is that?

Many cat mothers meat their own babies including dogs, dolphins and all other animals. Why do they something so horrible? I though they were the purest creatures on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdOPh8Re6DU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDHvVl6Fjg

Smaug
12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Control of Population. Humans like the Chinese impose extra taxes to couples that have more than one children, animals can't do that, so they eat their offspring.

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Control of Population. Humans like the Chinese impose extra taxes to couples that have more than one children, animals can't do that, so they eat their offspring.

But why eat their own offspring? that's the most barbaric shit I've even known. Not only do they cannibalize their own but their own flesh and blood?

Honestly I never knew all animals do that..... even the man's best friend such as dogs and dolphins. Dog mothers who are stress will kill their own babies when they want

Hàkon
12-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Due to the inability to provide for them.

Otherwise/ in case of:

Many Cat mothers meat their own dead babies including dogs, dolphins and all other animals.

Efficient waste disposal and snack in 1? An arcane ceremonial act? Fun hobby?

The King, I am
12-05-2013, 09:05 AM
cos they r yummy

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Due to the inability to provide for them.

Otherwise/ in case of:

Efficient waste disposal and snack in 1? An arcane ceremonial act? Fun hobby?

It's not just when their dead. I've search for these questions many times and here are some answers.

1. When they are very stressed or confined to one room

2. They kill and eat the ones that are too ill and sick

3. When they have too much competition for food and room

Smaug
12-05-2013, 09:17 AM
But why eat their own offspring? that's the most barbaric shit I've even known. Not only do they cannibalize their own but their own flesh and blood?

Honestly I never knew all animals do that..... even the man's best friend such as dogs and dolphins. Dog mothers who are stress will kill their own babies when they want

I have already answered: control of population. The enviroment can provide a limited amount of food, if the population grows too much, the species dies out due to lack of food.

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 09:19 AM
I have already answered: control of population. The enviroment can provide a limited amount of food, if the population grows too much, the species dies out due to lack of food.

You answered only one of many reasons.

Prisoner Of Ice
12-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Animals that don't, eventually extinct their whole area of their own people. Most humans control it too but more and more don't do so leading to their replacement by more retarded specimens.

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
My cat once ate her dead baby's head.

Barbaric? Animals are not humans. I can't believe someone thinks animals should act according to human moral norms. :picard1:

I always though cats were the cutest creatures who protects their own little babies.

But what they did prove they can be as cruel as the lions and tigers, and if they were oversize they be as dangerous too.

Sippola
12-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Animals are not human. They do not have a soul, even though it is hard to believe it when your best friend, the dog, comes and licks your face when you get home. Your cat will only be friendly to you because they want food.

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Animals are not human. They do not have a soul, even though it is hard to believe it when your best friend, the dog, comes and licks your face when you get home. Your cat will only be friendly to you because they want food.

This is starting to make me feel Asians are not so cruel to animals after-all. I always hated Asian people for their animal cruelty although all the countries in the world are also cruel to pigs, chickens ect. I though dogs and cats don't deserve it but now seeing what their doing to their own I feel somewhat dislike for them.

ButlerKing
12-05-2013, 09:43 AM
That baby was dead. What was left there to protect? She needed energy to feed the rest babies. Pure practicality that doesn't even hurt any other living creature.
Cats eat placentas and other unnecessary pieces of flesh. They also lick their butts and all. xD

Do cats really eat the baby only if they are dead?

If that's the reason I can accept it eventually but I read that other reasons is because of stress and competition for food. I really wish there aren't any other reasons other than this.

ButlerKing
12-06-2013, 08:50 PM
It would seem that the dolphins are one of the cruelest creature :(

They do the most nastiest thing to their own dolphins

Jackson
12-06-2013, 08:52 PM

I think there are examples of humans doing this, although rather we kill or leave them to die rather than eat them as far as i know. Like stories about mothers leaving children out in the woods if they couldn't feed them. Can't remember where that's from to be honest though.

Neanderthal
12-06-2013, 08:52 PM
It's not just when their dead. I've search for these questions many times and here are some answers.

1. When they are very stressed or confined to one room

2. They kill and eat the ones that are too ill and sick

3. When they have too much competition for food and room

How are the last two points wrong? Nature eugenics at it's finest.

Balmung
12-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Barbarians are badass though. The west could use a little barbarian revival right now in our culture of Paris Hilton, Justin Bieber, Twerking, and material worship.