PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you cried and why?

Goidelic
11-07-2009, 05:55 AM
When was the last time you cried and why?

For me, it was about 10 years ago when I lost my grandmother who raised me partially. ;)

Ulf
11-07-2009, 06:02 AM
I'll cry if Psychonaut doesn't move to PA.

I think last time I actually cried was when my childhood dog died back in April. I still miss that hound.

Sol Invictus
11-07-2009, 06:14 AM
I doubt any man here will actually admit the last time they've cried truthfully.

Goidelic
11-07-2009, 06:29 AM
I doubt any man here will actually admit the last time they've cried truthfully.

Well in any event we'll hear some sad made up stories. ;):p

anonymaus
11-07-2009, 06:34 AM
When my cat of 15 years died in April.

Rainraven
11-07-2009, 06:37 AM
About 4 hours ago. Constant arguments with friends and an exboyfriend coupled with exam stress and little sleep have me very on edge these days.

Electronic God-Man
11-07-2009, 06:50 AM

Nah, I honestly cry every time I think of my father.

Well, I hold back at the least, but whenever I think of him I want to cry.

Maybe I identify too strongly with my father, but...

So goes it...

jerney
11-07-2009, 07:27 AM
the day before yesterday. i can be over emotional sometimes

Black Turlogh
11-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Last night I'd got my coat and shoes on for my much enjoyed smoke in the lovely calm of the evening only to find I was out of cigarettes. Tears were streaming. Oh how they streamed. In my own ashes I was standing without a soul.

Svarog
11-07-2009, 02:20 PM
September when Brina left, on a train station. I remember even making a *feel sad for me* post here, was probably the worse evening in my life, tears turned into anger fast enough tho, first some gypsy wanted to see if i am okay and i could not get rid of him, then some old commie, probably bored of his life, start harassing me with the stories when he was young, I thought my train for Novi Sad will never come, and then when it did and thought i am gonna hit a nice sleep we hit someone, police did not show up for hours, I was freezing, came to Novi Sad - bummer, no buses for my place, 3 hours long walk all fucked up enough already, run away from some dogs hungry for my flesh, and then when i finally came home, i could not sleep even tho i was exhausted, so yeah, that's it

sturmwalkure
11-07-2009, 02:26 PM
When NukeTheModernWorld was banned. But seriously, the last time I really, really cried for hours and days on end was when Jörg Haider was killed.

Octothorpe
11-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Seven years ago--I wept with exhaustion and joy when I found out my wife and child would live, despite all odds against them.

Poltergeist
11-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I cried this morning when I found out that Inese left this forum.

Piparskeggr
11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Back in September when I learned that my father has lung cancer...btw, men do cry, it is a natural, human thing to do.

Vulpix
11-07-2009, 02:55 PM
If you mean the bawl-your-eyes-out type of crying, in September when my cat died. I still can't bear to look at her pictures.

The Black Prince
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
More as 10 yrs ago somebody started crying about something I can't really recall. Anyway I was drunk so I joined in.

For the rest I can be as emotional that tears are at the brink of entering my eyes. But spending tears let alone really crying, I seem not to be able anymore. I've been raised with strong discipline, so I think it is because I would feel too embarassed if I would show my emotions that way.

Absinthe
11-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I've cried numerous time lately, but merely out of frustration.

The last time I cried from the depths of my heart was when someone I loved very much was killed in a car accident.

Germanicus
11-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Tears came to me like Niagra Falls over the death of Phoebe, i have never got upset like that before, her death affected all of us, that's why we got Poppy straight away, Brody whined for Phoebe relentlessly.

Bard
11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Uhm when I was like 10, being bullied, but somewhat that made me stronger.

Damiăo de Góis
11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
More as 10 yrs ago somebody started crying about something I can't really recall. Anyway I was drunk so I joined in.

lol :D

As fir ne i really don't remember. Ocasions where i could have cried was when Portugal lost to Greece in the Euro 2004 final or when Benfica won the league in 2003 but i didn't.

Baron Samedi
11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
I just could not score that crack deal like I wanted yesterday.....

Mesrine
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Ocasions where i could have cried was when Portugal lost to Greece in the Euro 2004 final

Try another time, please. :p

ZYh3ikOcX_o

Damiăo de Góis
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
:(
The fact that Greece played very ugly football and won every match 1-0 made it worse.

Svipdag
11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I really don't remember. Not since childhood, I'm fairly sure. I've always tried to be stoical and usually succeeded. As a child, on the other hand, being sickly and constantly victimised by bullies, I was so lachrymose that my third-grade teacher once said "Here comes another Martin-squall ." I couldn't help smiling through my tears. It was le mot juste.

Frigga
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
The last time that I cried was when my grandma was in the hospital dying of congestive heart failure. It was so hard to watch her struggle to breathe, and to just know deep in my heart that it was her time. I was surprisingly composed at her funeral and the funeral of my other grandmother who had died the same night. I guess that I had done a lot of pre-grieving and spent up all my tears.

11-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I have no tear ducts, even spilling a beer isn't sad enough to overcome this disability.

Stefan
11-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I feel emotionless. I've had many relatives die off in the last few years(both of my father's parents, an uncle, and a few others), and it barely affected me at all. I was only really sad because everybody else was, but I never cried. The last time I really cried was probably when I was around 12 and a bird I had died. After that, I've been stressed to the point where I felt like crying, but couldn't though.

Radojica
11-08-2009, 01:01 AM
10 days ago because of the frustration of not being able to be with someone very close who need my help... That's why I was at home these few days...

Treffie
11-08-2009, 11:44 AM
When my father died 3 years ago - I also collapsed onto the floor into a blubbering heap.

Bard
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Sometimes I feel emotionless. I've had many relatives die off in the last few years(both of my father's parents, an uncle, and a few others), and it barely affected me at all. I was only really sad because everybody else was, but I never cried.

It's weird.

Cato
11-08-2009, 07:57 PM
When my grandfather died a couple of months ago, but it was more that I got misty-eyed rather than an actual fit of emotional crying. He was a good man, lived a good, long life, and died in his 80s.

Osweo
11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
If I think about my ex, pretty much any time, I could start. I save it up for when I'm alone and safely out of earshot. It's getting a bit ridiculous though - I haven't even seen her for a year now.

Atlas
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I was on the verge of tears when we buried my great-uncle a couple of weeks ago. I didn't feel good at all in the church. But no, I didn't cry, I didn't want to look too emotional like my cousins that day.

Last time I cried ? A long time ago, can't remember why, I rarely get very emotional. And thankfully we don't bury someone of our family every couple of weeks.

Liffrea
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I seriously can’t remember, probably when I came out of the womb, I’m distinguishing between an emotional reaction here and being punched in the nose or kicked in the bollocks both (especially the later) likely to bring on tears!

Svanhild
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I cried rivers when our husky lady Fiffy died, one and a quarter year ago. She had tetanus and it was a horrible struggle for her! :( Fiffy was 13 years old and accompanied me for more than half of my life loyally and with joie de vivre. Medical treatment had no positive effect and we burried her at a nearby forest where she loved to run and play around. Her death agony was hard to take but I miss her every single day. I don't want a new dog for now, I'd see it as a form of betrayal to her.

Horka Ozul
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
The last time I cried I think was a few months ago in time of deep praying to the Lord, I just really left off my guard, and the emotions were so overwhelming that I cried. I sometimes may be affected by a great song or a good drama movie, and I may tear a little bit, also when reading the Bible I have certain moments when I am struck with strong emotions, and I may also tear, but actually crying is a very rare thing for me.

Óttar
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
The last day of my junior year in college. For me, Christmas breaks and summers always sucked, and to an extent continue to suck even now. Before that, a break up with my ex. Now I have tried to develop a more stoic attitude toward women.

lei.talk
11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Oswiu (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138431#post138431) http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/jagohan/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134169#post134169)
If I think about my ex,
pretty much any time, I could start.

It's getting a bit ridiculous though -
I haven't even seen her for a year now.from many years of practice,
here is a method of exorcise
that prevents the pressure from venting - awkwardly - in public:

i regularly retire to the shower,
fold a large towel thrice, press it to my face
and blast the water to the back of my head
as i sob out any festering memories/regrets/losses.

in five minutes i am dry
and suffer none of the negative effects
associated with self-medicating behavior.

girls who have applied this, monthly,
say they feel more in control of their emotions -
rather than crushed by routinely plummeting śstrogen-levels.

Fortis in Arduis
11-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I cried when I was discussing with my mother the half-brother I never met because he self-immolated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation) when he was nineteen years old.

Gooding
11-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Last summer, in July. It's best forgotten.

Loki
11-20-2009, 01:36 AM
2 minutes ago, when our Swedish friend left :(

Ulf
11-20-2009, 04:24 AM
You may break your heart, but men will still go on as before.

Marcus Annius Catilius Severus

Turkophagos
11-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Last week, chopping an onion.

la bombe
11-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Right now.

esaima
11-30-2009, 03:07 PM
When my grandmother died.

Majar
12-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I have mementos of deceased loved ones I keep. Nothing of value, really, just objects from daily life. I was drinking from a cup which belonged to a much loved relative when out of nowhere I became teary-eyed. :( I'm not depressive or the type to get emotional, either so it was a bit strange.

Poltergeist
12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
One hour ago when I was cutting onion for the soup.

safinator
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
5 years ago.
I don't remember the reasons but it must have been pretty bad considering i'm not the type.

zack
02-21-2012, 01:14 AM
I've not cried since i was like 9.

Riki
02-21-2012, 01:21 AM
When was the last time you cried and why?

2 Weeks ago.With a massive diarrhea.:p

It was the water that I/we drink from the taps at work.(Prison)
The f.....g inmates have better treatment then us.

Grumpy Cat
02-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Today.

Baron Samedi
02-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Because a black person looked at me.

Corraidh
02-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Uh, month ago?

Drunk.

MST3K
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
The last time I got thrown out of the pub:D...No, but seriously when my Grandmother died in 2004.

Queen B
02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Although I am a girl, I don't cry often.And its bad, because when I do, I cry so hard, that I have trouble breathing..

I can't really recall probably a couple of years ago, but surely it was something that I saw on the news. A deadly earthquake or a sick kid. This is the only thing that makes me cry lately...

Leadchucker
02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
When my father died in 1996

lepa
02-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I cry for every single thing. I cried yesterday because my homework was very much...

rhiannon
02-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I cry all the damned time. Thanks mom......NOT. I cry over movies, books, real life, and sometimes for no damned reason at all!!!!!!

Drives me crazy!

PetiteParisienne
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I cried last night because I'm grieving for my grandmother. She died a few days ago.

rhiannon
02-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I cried last night because I'm grieving for my grandmother. She died a few days ago.

I am very sorry to hear that. Interwebz hug for you::hug2:

PetiteParisienne
02-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I am very sorry to hear that. Interwebz hug for you::hug2:

Thank you. :hug:
She had been ill for a long time, and bed-bound for nearly 6 years, so it wasn't a shock.

Defiance
02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, it was late last year or early this year.
As for why.....that's my business. And no one can ever know.:....

I cry all the damned time. Thanks mom......NOT. I cry over movies, books, real life, and sometimes for no damned reason at all!!!!!!

Drives me crazy!
Bipolar much?

rhiannon
02-25-2012, 01:32 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, it was late last year or early this year.
As for why.....that's my business. And no one can ever know.:....

Bipolar much?

Nope. Just sensitive and emotional....lol

I don't get those highs and lows that characterize a person who is truly bipolar.

PetiteParisienne
02-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Bipolar much?

She just sounds like an emotional person, not like she is manic-depressive.

rhiannon
02-25-2012, 01:35 PM
She just sounds like an emotional person, not like she is manic-depressive.

Eh....he's a dude. Dudes usually don't get emotional, anyway....and many of them (not all) tend to see a woman's tendency toward emotional expressivity as a weakness:ohwell:

02-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Eh....he's a dude. Dudes usually don't get emotional, anyway....and many of them (not all) tend to see a woman's tendency toward emotional expressivity as a weakness:ohwell:

You think it's not?

rhiannon
02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
You think it's not?

Certainly not always;)

StonyArabia
02-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I often cry when I am sad, or when there is sadness in books, movies and songs, and especially the latter it really shockes your emotions.

This song is really sad it makes me cry everytime I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrduTei7yw

Lithium
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
The last time I cried was at my grandfather's funeral, that was one year ago. I don't cry often and I dont usually show my real emotion to people who aren't close to me. I think that self control is a very important thing nowadays, I am glad I have it.

billErobreren
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't even..... in high school:confused:

I seriously don't remember but I would watch movies like Grave of the Fireflies to make myself cry...at the time I found it cathartic, I always had plenty of pent up anger so it seemed like an OK idea at the time.

Supreme American
02-26-2012, 07:49 PM

Unfortunately.

Supreme American
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
I often cry when I am sad, or when there is sadness in books, movies and songs, and especially the latter it really shockes your emotions.

This song is really sad it makes me cry everytime I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSrduTei7yw

Wow a guy who is more emotional than I am.

Hurrem sultana
02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
yesterday,watching a turkish tv serial :D it was a sad episode :D

Flintlocke
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
yesterday,watching a turkish tv serial :D it was a sad episode :D

Need a shoulder to cry honey?

Osweo
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
When my dog died a year and a bit ago, just before Christmas. :( Poor old thing.

My brother emigrated today, which got me surprisingly sad on the drive back from the aeroport. Not quite crying, though. :p Reminds me of the wakes for those who sailed west. Ah well, it's a good life, Down Under. :)

Amapola
02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't remember, few days ago, sometimes without apparent reason.

02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Certainly not always;)

Such as when it gets you what you want?

Defiance
02-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Nonsense. I'm actually quite emotional; I have no trouble admitting it and I'm not ashamed of it in the slightest. In fact, I think I may very well be the most sensitive guy here.

- Spoke too soon.

Loki
02-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Eh....he's a dude. Dudes usually don't get emotional, anyway....

How many dudes do you know? :D :p

Stars Down To Earth
02-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Haven't cried since I was about 10 years old. I do feel emotions from time to time, but it's never accompanied by sobbing and teary eyes.

The closest I got to crying in adulthood was when my brother died. Still, I couldn't bring myself to actually do it.

Óttar
02-27-2012, 05:46 AM
A couple of weeks ago. I was piss drunk from Jameson and listening to some Icelandic song. :embarrassed

This thread reminds me of this song:

KsrVvSaUkbI

Neanderthal
02-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Never. Nah, I did cry a year ago when my dog died to be honest, he was a fine pup, fucking distemper is a horrid way to die. R.I.P. Gandalf.

rhiannon
02-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Such as when it gets you what you want?

Sod off, lol

No. That was not what I meant.

Pretty sure if women ceased to show any emotional expression, our men wouldn't like it very much:rolleyes:

Women are the nurturers, on the most part.

rhiannon
02-27-2012, 06:15 AM
How many dudes do you know? :D :p

I was trying to be nice:) Some dudes are like that....certainly not all.....and most certainly not the dude I'm married to:)

My husband and I are rather similar, actually.

rhiannon
02-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Nonsense. I'm actually quite emotional; I have no trouble admitting it and I'm not ashamed of it in the slightest. In fact, I think I may very well be the most sensitive guy here.

Didn't seem that way when you made the leap about my being bipolar. But okay.:)

I'm not ashamed to be emotional....but it would be nice if I didn't cry so easily sometimes...lol

rhiannon
02-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Haven't cried since I was about 10 years old. I do feel emotions from time to time, but it's never accompanied by sobbing and teary eyes.

The closest I got to crying in adulthood was when my brother died. Still, I couldn't bring myself to actually do it.

My father died when I was only 18. At the time, my senses and emotions were totally numb....I couldn't cry either. Crying didn't happen until several years later.

Hevneren
02-27-2012, 07:00 AM
It was maybe a month or so ago. I thought about someone I missed.

02-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Sod off, lol

No. That was not what I meant.

Pretty sure if women ceased to show any emotional expression, our men wouldn't like it very much:rolleyes:

Women are the nurturers, on the most part.

I don't think most men would object if their women didn't start skriking at the drop of a hat.

rhiannon
02-29-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think most men would object if their women didn't start skriking at the drop of a hat.

shriek?

My, I can see you have great admiration for the female half of the species:rolleyes:

02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
shriek?

My, I can see you have great admiration for the female half of the species:rolleyes:

No, skrike. Women are fine, but being overly emotional is a weakness. Nowadays we are expected to believe that being weak is actually a source of strength, it's not.

Laubach
03-01-2012, 02:33 AM
February 20, when my son was born!!!

billErobreren
03-01-2012, 02:44 AM
February 20, when my son was born!!!

oh that happened already?:eek: Congratulations man :)

Supreme American
03-01-2012, 02:47 AM
No, skrike. Women are fine, but being overly emotional is a weakness. Nowadays we are expected to believe that being weak is actually a source of strength, it's not.

What is too emotional, what is not emotional enough?

There are times when I am too emotional and don't like it and seek to change it, but to other people maybe they think it is appropriate emotionalism, but to me it is not, especially in situations when it alienates people.

StonyArabia
03-01-2012, 04:25 AM
When I was wed to my Circassian princess

rhiannon
03-01-2012, 04:28 AM

Fair enough. I just found out what skrike was, also...lol

Gamera
03-01-2012, 05:19 AM
When the dog I had since I was a child died, in 2010. He was 14.

zack
03-01-2012, 05:29 AM
I wish i could cry sometimes...i just fucking can't

StonyArabia
03-01-2012, 05:59 AM
I wish i could cry sometimes...i just fucking can't

I cried, when the girl given me the ring for marriage, and my father approved it was wonderful feeling. Now only the weeding takes place probably I will cry and it will be traditional Circassian style. You will cry if you meet a girl and be wed to her trust me:p

Sabinae
03-01-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm feeling a bit down...so.. I suspect it might be today... The past year has been unexpectedly rough, and try as i might, memories just barge in at times. I miss those dear to my heart, that... I will never see again.

Grumpy Cat
03-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm feeling a bit down...so.. I suspect it might be today... The past year has been unexpectedly rough, and try as i might, memories just barge in at times. I miss those dear to my heart, that... I will never see again.

I hear you. I have been crying a lot lately, myself.

Somedays I just don't see if there is a point... I've kind of been keeping to myself about it.

Loki
03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Yesterday and again today. I very rarely cry.

Susi
03-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Last night during Muay Thai training because I hadn't washed my make up off and the sweat rolled it into my eye and my eye started to cry cos it stung :D

calxpal
04-19-2024, 07:14 AM
I just cried thinking about how I'm 27 and still unmarried/without a lover while many of my social media connections are an it's obvious it hurts my social standing. I also cried because I'm worried about getting on the older side and being viewed as less desirable for having kids with, but I admit I honestly do struggle to appeal sexually to guys. I am also really scared of what might happen when I graduate school after 30 and if people learn why I didn't complete school earlier, will they have a stigma against me? I hope not.

~Elizabeth~
04-19-2024, 07:20 AM
Well, I've wiped away tears from my left eye tonight (it's 3:19 am April 19th) and yesterday (April 18th) during my doctor's appointment. My doctor asked me why I was crying. I didn't know I had tears coming out. And I cried a few times this past week. I cried myself to sleep one night but I don't remember which night that was. I usually feel better after I've slept.

edit: It's a good thing I'm on anti-depressants.

another edit: I didn't say why. I'm lovesick.

CosmoLady
04-19-2024, 07:49 AM
I just cried thinking about how I'm 27 and still unmarried/without a lover while many of my social media connections are an it's obvious it hurts my social standing. I also cried because I'm worried about getting on the older side and being viewed as less desirable for having kids with, but I admit I honestly do struggle to appeal sexually to guys.
But you have had lovers before, so you are not hopeless, right? :)

I believe that you will find love.

But if you do not, then you are hardly unique, more and more people are alone,
and (hopefully) learning to be happy and satisfy themselves in other ways.

Only about half of adults are married, and this percent is decreasing. Most kids are now born out of wedlock.
And those who are married are often unhappy, since half of them divorce.
Even those who stay together may not always be happy, despite the facade they create.

Your internal peace of mind, livelihood, and health (physical, mental, spiritual) are the most important things. :thumb001:
Love can appear when you least expect it, if you are open to it.
And don't worry about kids. Focus on more practical things for now.

You really don't need to convince others (or yourself) with external signs of success,
such as a house, a family, and a prestigious job.

I am also really scared of what might happen when I graduate school after 30 and if people learn why I didn't complete school earlier, will they have a stigma against me? I hope not.
Don't worry about this at all, no one cares.

calxpal
04-19-2024, 07:59 AM
But you have had lovers before, so you are not hopeless, right? :)

I believe that you will find love.

But if you do not, then you are hardly unique, more and more people are alone,
and (hopefully) learning to be happy and satisfy themselves in other ways.

Only about half of adults are married, and this percent is decreasing. Most kids are now born out of wedlock.
And those who are married are often unhappy, since half of them divorce.
Even those who stay together may not always be happy, despite the facade they create.

And don't worry about kids.
Focus on finishing school, finding a decent job, and finding happiness, and ideally, love. These are already great accomplishments! :thumb001:

You really don't need to convince others (or yourself) with external signs of success, such as a house, a family, and a prestigious job.

Your internal peace of mind, livelihood, and health (physical, mental, spiritual) are the most important things. :thumb001:
Love can appear when you least expect it, if you are open to it.

Don't worry about this at all, no one cares.

Well that's a tough question. I have met people who I believe MAY have loved me, but things never materialized so I don't really count it tbh. But yes I do believe there are people who would love me. It's hard to get back up and believe that though because it seems like recently when I've tried to be the best person and be nice I just get tossed aside still or worse ghosted.

But yes I do realize marriage is not an entirely happy facade like it is portrayed at all. In fact maybe those who post about their relationship a lot on social media actually have a lot of problems with their spouse or lover that they hide.

I'll try not to :). I'm a bit worried about the possibility of needing in-vitro though, you can call me crazy for this though.

I actually strongly dislike the use of external things as a measure of success, as I really believe they shouldn't be and I personally do not value them in others at all. But still people on modern society unfortunately tend to the materialistic mindset.

Internal peace is definitely important I am trying to obtain that.

And if you say so :).

Anyways I'm sorry for all the posts with a negative connotation I've made, I hope it isn't bothersome.