PDA

View Full Version : Moldovan court rules official language is romanian

Vlach
12-05-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/05/moldovan-court-rules-official-language-is-romanian-replacing-soviet-flavored/

In Moldova, they now officially speak Romanian.

The Constitutional Court ruled Thursday the country's official language should be changed to "Romanian" from "Moldovan."

Moldovans and Romanians speak the same language with slight variations due to different historical influences. The language was renamed Moldovan under Soviet rule to separate the country from Romania and the word reminds many of the country's communist past.

Moldova's remaining Communists opposed the change.

In neighboring Romania, officials welcomed the decision. President Traian Basescu called it "an act of justice."

Moldova was part of Romania until 1940, when it was annexed to the Soviets. Moldova declared independence from the crumbling Soviet Union in 1991.

Last week the pro-European government initialed an association agreement with the European Union.

Zmey Gorynych
12-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Some very interesting changes occurring in Moldova these days.

The language was renamed Moldovan under Soviet rule to separate the country from Romania and the word reminds many of the country's communist past.
The soviets created and promoted this fake moldovan identity but it was the moldovans who perpetuated the existence of the "moldovan language". They could've easily changed the name to romanian language and establish it through the constitution but they didn't.

Nurzat
12-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Now let's all go to Pungești, Vaslui County.

RandoBloom
12-08-2013, 12:09 PM
How diferent are Romanians and Moldovans

Zmey Gorynych
12-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Not that different. Moldovans speak a slightly russianized moldovan subdialect of the romanian language. Moldovan mentality is somewhat different from that of romanians, more eastern/russian inspired. Genetically moldovans cluster closer to eastern slavs than romanians do (higher amount of north-eastern european and less middle-eastern). You'll find a lot more north-slavic looking people and generally moldovans are lighter.

All in all moldovans and romanians form one nation.

RandoBloom
12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Not that different. Moldovans speak a slightly russianized moldovan subdialect of the romanian language. Moldovan mentality is somewhat different from that of romanians, more eastern/russian inspired. Genetically moldovans cluster closer to eastern slavs than romanians do (higher amount of north-eastern european and less middle-eastern). You'll find a lot more north-slavic looking people and generally moldovans are lighter.

All in all moldovans and romanians form one nation.

But if they are so diferent how do they form one nation?
How do they view neighbours and Balkans in general? Both, Romanians and Moldovans.
And who do they like and dont?

dralos
12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
How do they view neighbours and Balkans in general? Both, Romanians and Moldovans.
moldovans like alboz alot :D

Zmey Gorynych
12-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't think these minor differences really matter ... after all they speak the same language, have the same traditions and religion, pretty much look the same. What sets romanians/moldovans apart from balkanites is that while romanians (moldovans included) always strived for unity (they had 3 unions, probably will have a 4th in the future) balkanites did nothing but bicker and fragment their respective nations/states.

Moldovans are not really informed or interested in what's happening in the Balkans, I doubt your average Joe will have an opinion on serbs or bosniaks or albanians. Moldovans are culturally closer to eastern slavs and obviously know more about what's happening there, what are ukrainians or russians like. Public opinion is divided in Moldova, some (nationalisitic zealots) will die for their romanain identity and deeply dislike eastern slavs while others don't care much for Romania and like eastern slavs.

Romanians are closer to Balkans, they like serbs (the only neighbour they didn't had a conflict with) and are neutral to bulgarians. From what I gathered romanians dislike ukrainians and even more hungarians.

moldovans like alboz alot :D
Very few know what albanians are like, of those that know almost none will like albanians as they usually side with slavs/orthodox (russians and serbs by extention). Individually some might befriend albanians (when they're abroad) but that's the exception. There's a strong antipathy for islam in Moldova and to them it doesn't matter if muslims are practising or not.

dralos
12-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't think these minor differences really matter ... after all they speak the same language, have the same traditions and religion, pretty much look the same. What sets romanians/moldovans apart from balkanites is that while romanians (moldovans included) always strived for unity (they had 3 unions, probably will have a 4th in the future) balkanites did nothing but bicker and fragment their respective nations/states.

Moldovans are not really informed or interested in what's happening in the Balkans, I doubt your average Joe will have an opinion on serbs or bosniaks or albanians. Moldovans are culturally closer to eastern slavs and obviously know more about what's happening there, what are ukrainians or russians like. Public opinion is divided in Moldova, some (nationalisitic zealots) will die for their romanain identity and deeply dislike eastern slavs while others don't care much for Romania and like eastern slavs.

Romanians are closer to Balkans, they like serbs (the only neighbour they didn't had a conflict with) and are neutral to bulgarians. From what I gathered romanians dislike ukrainians and even more hungarians.

Very few know what albanians are like, of those that know almost none will like albanians as they usually side with slavs/orthodox (russians and serbs by extention). Individually some might befriend albanians (when they're abroad) but that's the exception. There's a strong antipathy for islam in Moldova and to them it doesn't matter if muslims are practising or not.
the moldovans in italy are good with alboz and romanians are very good with alboz from albania,with us from kosova they have few contact

Szegedist
12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
It seems Romanian fascism is strong these days. They should stop their chauvinistic politic against the sovereign and independent people of Republic of Moldova. Freedom for Moldovans from Wallachian Bucuresti oppression!

RandoBloom
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM

Well if they look diferently, have even diferent skin colour, linguistical diferences I dont see how they are same. (not provoking you, I simply dont know much about that area of world and yet love Moldavia for some strange reason XD)
As for Balkanites I dont see how they fragmented their nation states.
They united in supranational state but under domination of one nation trying to asimilate others. That cant work due to national diferences.

Thats too bad, Bosniaks like Romanians.

Why is there antipathy for islam in moldova? Any special reason or is it something recent?

Zmey Gorynych
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
the moldovans in italy are good with alboz and romanians are very good with alboz from albania,with us from kosova they have few contact
Not really attuned to diaspora dynamics but I know one guy who spent a lot of time in France and he got along with serbs, that doesn't mean moldovans hate albanians, it's juts that if they contact another nation it will be someone culturally closer to them.

dralos
12-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Not really attuned to diaspora dynamics but I know one guy who spent a lot of time in France and he got along with serbs, that doesn't mean moldovans hate albanians, it's juts that if they contact another nation it will be someone culturally closer to them.
i think this proves that moldovans still see balkanites as closer to them since in italy they hang out alot with alboz and not russians or ukranians and in france with serbs

Szegedist
12-08-2013, 01:07 PM

Simple, between 1346–1859, Moldavia was it's own nation, until it got annexed by Wallachia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldavia

A part of Moldavia was then liberated by Russians from Bucuresti oppression, which is why this part (today rep of Moldova), is more civilized than the Wallachians.

RandoBloom
12-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Simple, between 1346–1859, Moldavia was it's own nation, until it got annexed by Wallachia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldavia

A part of Moldavia was then liberated by Russians from Bucuresti oppression, which is why this part (today rep of Moldova), is more civilized than the Wallachians.

Is that why they are diferent in skin colour? Werent ruled by Ottomans directly?

BeerBaron
12-08-2013, 01:10 PM
moldova has been an annexed state from romania for half a century, it is the poorest country in europe, it even makes romanians look wealthy. its doing what it must to stay alive

Szegedist
12-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Is that why they are diferent in skin colour? Werent ruled by Ottomans directly?

They are different skin colour because they didn't mix with gypsies, but Slavs instead.

Zmey Gorynych
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Well if they look diferently, have even diferent skin colour, linguistical diferences I dont see how they are same. (not provoking you, I simply dont know much about that area of world and yet love Moldavia for some strange reason XD)
As for Balkanites I dont see how they fragmented their nation states.
They united in supranational state but under domination of one nation trying to asimilate others. That cant work due to national diferences.

Thats too bad, Bosniaks like Romanians.

Why is there antipathy for islam in moldova? Any special reason or is it something recent?
The phenotypical and linguistic difference was acquired (or lets say exacerbated) after the russian rule of Moldova (which lasted almost 150 years). The difference is not as big as you might think, it's not like moldovans are nordic gods and romanians complete wogs :)

Islam is a no go in Moldova (cultural thing), a few years back a minor islamic community wanted to open a house of prayer in some moldovan town and the locals chaced them with shovels for that (pretty primitive and funny at the same time). Orthodox people are less tolerant than other factions of christianity. A few days ago I witnessed an orthodox demonstration against the celebration of Hanukkah in Chisinau (the capital).

i think this proves that moldovans still see balkanites as closer to them since in italy they hang out alot with alboz and not russians or ukranians and in france with serbs
Hardly any russians or ukrainians in Italy otherwise they would hang around with them. Moldovans that don't go abroad and do not interact with dozens of other ethnicities can not be closer to balkanites as they don't have any cultural ties with them and even those that do go abroad will have very little in common with balkanites. What usually binds them together is the same work sphere (low paid jobs like construction or whatever they do out there)

RandoBloom
12-08-2013, 01:19 PM
The phenotypical and linguistic difference was acquired (or lets say exacerbated) after the russian rule of Moldova (which lasted almost 150 years). The difference is not as big as you might think, it's not like moldovans are nordic gods and romanians complete wogs :)

Islam is a no go in Moldova (cultural thing), a few years back a minor islamic community wanted to open a house of prayer in some moldovan town and the locals chaced them with shovels for that (pretty primitive and funny at the same time). Orthodox people are less tolerant than other factions of christianity. A few days ago I witnessed an orthodox demonstration against the celebration of Hanukkah in Chisinau (the capital).

So a biggotted society :P

Doesnt matter still like them haha :D

(Didnt Romanians give that land in exchange for Russian suport?)

Zmey Gorynych
12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
So a biggotted society :P
Pretty much :)

(Didnt Romanians give that land in exchange for Russian suport?)
No, it was taken from them.

RandoBloom
12-08-2013, 01:37 PM
So opinions about Bosniaks there would be... :D ?

Zmey Gorynych
12-08-2013, 01:45 PM
So opinions about Bosniaks there would be... :D ?
The minute moldovans find out (in case they don't know already) bosniaks are muslims they'll have strong reservations without knowing anything else about Bosnia or bosniaks. On an individual level I'm sure moldovans (at least some) would befriend bosniaks once they get to know them.

Vlach
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
It seems Romanian fascism is strong these days. They should stop their chauvinistic politic against the sovereign and independent people of Republic of Moldova. Freedom for Moldovans from Wallachian Bucuresti oppression!

But hungarian fascism isnt strong?
Why you can say Transylvania is Hungary and we cant say Basarabia (R.Moldova) is Romania?
Probably the moldavians will choose their future... the will vote it
Are you mad because Romania is growing up and Hungary is still a little shitty country without mountains and sea?

Stefan_Dusan
12-08-2013, 04:40 PM

My family has helped many Moldovans immigrate to USA, from my experience I say they have more eastern European/Russian mentality than Balkan mentality. But that doesn't stop people from being friends, lots of albanians in USA befriend Poles/Ukrainians.

Anyways, funny short story, my friends introduce me to this girl, says she's from eastern europe.

So I ask where are you from, and she goes Russia.

So I become all enthusiastic, and tell her about how I lived in Russia, etc etc.

She embarrassedly foots around, well I'm from Ukraine, I just say Russia because everyone knows that.

So I laugh, I have many friends from Ukraine. I know all the cities, where are you from in Ukraine?

Well, I'm not from Ukraine either, but Moldova.

:laugh:

Szegedist
12-08-2013, 04:44 PM
But hungarian fascism isnt strong?
There is no fascism in Hungary. Unlike your Conducator Basescu who is Ion Antonescu reincarnated.

Why you can say Transylvania is Hungary and we cant say Basarabia (R.Moldova) is Romania?
Because Transylvania is Hungary, and Bassarabia is Moldavia, not Wallachia/Romania.

Are you mad because Romania is growing up and Hungary is still a little shitty country without mountains and sea?
Romania was, is and will always be a shithole, infested by a primitive uncultured shepherd people.

dralos
12-08-2013, 04:45 PM
My family has helped many Moldovans immigrate to USA, from my experience I say they have more eastern European/Russian mentality than Balkan mentality. But that doesn't stop people from being friends, lots of albanians in USA befriend Poles/Ukrainians.

Anyways, funny short story, my friends introduce me to this girl, says she's from eastern europe.

So I ask where are you from, and she goes Russia.

So I become all enthusiastic, and tell her about how I lived in Russia, etc etc.

She embarrassedly foots around, well I'm from Ukraine, I just say Russia because everyone knows that.

So I laugh, I have many friends from Ukraine. I know all the cities, where are you from in Ukraine?

Well, I'm not from Ukraine either, but Moldova.

:laugh:
if you asked abit more she would have said that she is a gypsy :p

rashka
12-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Shouldn't Moldava have 2 official languages, the other being Slavic?

Vlach
12-08-2013, 04:50 PM
There is no fascism in Hungary. Unlike your Conducator Basescu who is Ion Antonescu reincarnated.

Because Transylvania is Hungary, and Bassarabia is Moldavia, not Wallachia/Romania.

Romania was, is and will always be a shithole, infested by a primitive uncultured shepherd people.

You are incredible =)))))))
Why Transylvania is Hungary and Basarabia is Moldova?
The vlachs/romanians from Transylvania,Wallachia,Moldavia have the same language same culture same traditions same religion.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/editorials/2013/05/17/hungary-and-across-europe-neo-fascists-gain-disturbing-force/ymKzrVZ3AxfKezzMegG4XO/story.html

Szegedist
12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
You are incredible =)))))))
Why Transylvania is Hungary and Basarabia is Moldova?
The vlachs/romanians from Transylvania,Wallachia,Moldavia have the same language same culture same traditions same religion.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/editorials/2013/05/17/hungary-and-across-europe-neo-fascists-gain-disturbing-force/ymKzrVZ3AxfKezzMegG4XO/story.html

The Vlachs in Transylvania were more civilized than in Regat, and not as dark and gypsy looking as wallachians.

However thanks to ceausescu, who transplanted millions of Wallachians into Transylvania, this is not the case anymore.

And dont forget, Romania is a fascist country ruled by a fascist leader, Conducator Basescu.

Szegedist
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM

blogen
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM
The soviets created and promoted this fake moldovan identity

This is the Romanian nationalist propaganda. But the Moldova identity existed since centuries, the Soviets use it longer only. The only ahistorical identity is the Romanian. Since this is a creation of the nationalism and not organic development. The short history of the Moldovan identity:

1350-1400: birth of the Moldovan identity
1400-1800: the Moldovan is an independent identity
1800-1850: the creation of the Romanian identity (some elements from the late 18th century)
1850-1920: the Moldovan identity loses from the significance in Moldova
1920-1990: the Soviets restrengthened the Moldovan identity in Eastern Moldova
after 1990: fight between the Moldovan and a Romanian identity in Eastern Moldova

dralos
12-08-2013, 04:55 PM
also alboz have ruled over moldavia if i'm not mistaking so we have right over it too

blogen
12-08-2013, 04:56 PM

The Moldovans highly mixed with the Eastern Slavs, the Wallachians less.

dralos
12-08-2013, 04:57 PM
An Albanian community inside the Danubian Principalities was first attested in Wallachia under Prince Michael the Brave: a report drafted by Habsburg authorities in Transylvania specified that 15,000 Albanians had been allowed to cross north of the Danube in 1595; Călineşti (a village in present-day Floreşti, Prahova County) was one of their places of settlement, as evidenced in a document issued by Michael's rival and successor, Simion Movilă, who confirmed their right to reside in the locality.[5] The community's presence was first recorded in Bucharest around 1628.[6] In Moldavia, an ethnic Albanian, Vasile Lupu, became Prince in 1634.[5]
The Albanian community was strengthened during the Phanariote epoch, when numerous immigrants opened businesses in a large number of cities and towns, and were employed as bodyguards of Wallachian princes and boyars (being usually recorded as arbănaşi, akin to Arvanites, and its variant arnăuţi, borrowed from the Turkish arnaut).[5][7] In 1820, a survey indicated that there were 90 traders from the Rumelian town of Arnaut Kioy present in the Wallachian capital, most of whom were probably Albanians and Aromanians.[8]
The Rilindja Kombėtare movement of Albanian nationalism inside the Ottoman Empire was present and prolific in Wallachia, the center of cultural initiatives taken by Dora d'Istria, Naim Frashėri, Jani Vreto, and Naum Veqilharxhi (the latter published the first ever Albanian primer in Bucharest, in 1844).[5] Aleksandėr Stavre Drenova, a resident of Bucharest, authored the lyrics of Albania's national anthem, Hymni i Flamurit, which is sung to the tune of Pe-al nostru steag e scris Unire, composed by the Romanian Ciprian Porumbescu.[5] At the time, Albanians were present, alongside other Balkan communities, in Bucharest's commercial life, where many worked as street vendors (specializing in the sale of soft drinks or confectionery items).[9]

The newspaper Sqipetari/Albanezul, published by the Albanian community (1889)

Albanian schoolbook printed in Bucharest in 1887
Among the new groups of immigrants from various Balkan regions to Romania were the families of poets Victor Eftimiu and Lasgush Poradeci.[5] At the time, the independence movement gathered momentum, and, for a while after 1905, was focused on the activities of Albert Gjika. An Albanian school was opened in 1905 in the city of Constanţa — among its pupils was poet Aleksandėr Stavre Drenova.[5] In 1912, at a Bucharest meeting headed by Ismail Qemali and attended by Drenova, the first resolution regarding Albania's independence was adopted.[5]
In 1893, the Albanian community in Romania numbered around 30,000 persons. In 1920 almost 20,000 Albanians lived in Bucharest.[5] A new wave of Albanian immigrants, many of them Muslims from Yugoslavia,[5] followed in the wake of World War I.[4][5] In 1921, the first translation of the Qur'an into Albanian was completed by Ilo Mitke Qafėzezi and published in the city of Ploieşti.[4] Many Albanians settled in Transylvania, where they generally established confectionery enterprises.[5]
The community was repressed under the communist regime, starting in 1953 (when the Albanian cultural association was closed down).[3] Rights lost were regained after the Romanian Revolution of 1989, but the number of people declaring themselves Albanian has decreased dramatically between 1920 and 2002.[2][3] Traditionally, members of the community have been included among a special "among others" category in the censuses, but have first received a special seat in Parliament after the 2000 elections.[2]

Vlach
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM
The Vlachs in Transylvania were more civilized than in Regat, and not as dark and gypsy looking as wallachians.

However thanks to ceausescu, who transplanted millions of Wallachians into Transylvania, this is not the case anymore.

And dont forget, Romania is a fascist country ruled by a fascist leader, Conducator Basescu.

Ceausescu transplanted millions of Moldavians into Transylvania ;)

This is the Romanian nationalist propaganda. But the Moldova identity existed since centuries, the Soviets use it longer only. The only ahistorical identity is the Romanian. Since this is a creation of the nationalism and not organic development. The short history of the Moldovan identity:

1350-1400: birth of the Moldovan identity
1400-1800: the Moldovan is an independent identity
1800-1850: the creation of the Romanian identity (some elements from the late 18th century)
1850-1920: the Moldovan identity loses from the significance in Moldova
1920-1990: the Soviets restrengthened the Moldovan identity in Eastern Moldova
after 1990: fight between the Moldovan and a Romanian identity in Eastern Moldova

http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deport%C4%83rile_din_Basarabia_%C8%99i_Nordul_Buco vinei
Thats how soviets restrengthened Moldovan identity?

cezar211091
12-16-2013, 08:51 PM
the only fascist here is you