PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these two Welshmen would pass more easily as a South Italian?

Tooting Carmen
12-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Here's the photo:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/soagc4.jpg

Smaug
12-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Neither I think, but I'd pick the one on the right.

Tooting Carmen
12-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Neither I think, but I'd pick the one on the right.

Thanks. Anyone else?

Sikeliot
12-09-2013, 09:32 PM
The one on the left looks German as hell, he would not pass. Even when some southern Italians look almost German, it's never a Borreby/Faelid type.

The one on the right.

Tooting Carmen
12-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks to those who have contributed so far. Anyone else?

Sikeliot
12-09-2013, 09:46 PM
If you didn't agree with me when I said I could see the Sicilian in Britney Spears, I am unsure how you think the guy on the left even has a snowball's chance of passing in southern Italy.. he barely even can pass in the north.

Tooting Carmen
12-09-2013, 09:51 PM
If you didn't agree with me when I said I could see the Sicilian in Britney Spears, I am unsure how you think the guy on the left even has a snowball's chance of passing in southern Italy.. he barely even can pass in the north.

I made this poll to see whether people thought that a very blond guy or a very swarthy guy would pass more easily in Southern Italy, given how much Italian forum users get touchy when people point out the significant proportion with not-so-milky-white skin. Regarding the very swarthy guy, he is a rare exotic type, though such types are slightly more common in Wales (and SW England) than in the rest of the UK.

Shah-Jehan
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
guy on the Right

Roy
12-09-2013, 10:02 PM
The one on the right easier but I would rather lean into the last option: neither.

Sikeliot
12-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I made this poll to see whether people thought that a very blond guy or a very swarthy guy would pass more easily in Southern Italy, given how much Italian forum users get touchy when people point out the significant proportion with not-so-milky-white skin. Regarding the very swarthy guy, he is a rare exotic type, though such types are slightly more common in Wales (and SW England) than in the rest of the UK.

That is not "very swarthy" for southern Italian standards, but it's darker than average. The blonde would be seen as a tourist.

Tim O'Brien
12-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Neither

Trebal
12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
The one on the left looks German as hell, he would not pass. Even when some southern Italians look almost German, it's never a Borreby/Faelid type.

The one on the right.

Either you are Polish or you are racially confused. Hell, no one of them looks German!

Sikeliot
12-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Either you are Polish or you are racially confused. Hell, no one of them looks German!

Well whatever the one on the left looks, he cannot pass as a native Sicilian -- and that says A LOT since nearly every look can be found there, to some extent.

Trebal
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Well whatever the one on the left looks, he cannot pass as a native Sicilian -- and that says A LOT since nearly every look can be found there, to some extent.

Yeah then don't put the name of my country in your ignorant mouth and next time use your brain before you spread bullshit :)

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Bump