PDA

View Full Version : Second Lenin Statue is Attacked as Protests Continue in Ukraine

Krystal Meth
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
KIEV, December 9 (RIA Novosti) – Protestors in Ukraine have vandalized another statue of Vladimir Lenin, hours after a monument to the Communist revolutionary was toppled in the capital Kiev.

Police in the southern town of Kotovsk said that an unidentified group cut off the upper part of a concrete monument to the founder of the Soviet Union late on Sunday, leaving fragments scattered on the ground. Detectives have begun an investigation.

The incident occurred shortly after protestors tore down a statue of Lenin in central Kiev as hundreds of thousands of people attended an opposition rally to demand the resignation of President Viktor Yanukovych for his rejection of an Association Agreement creating closer links between Ukraine and the European Union.

Police said that a criminal investigation for “vandalism” and “mass unrest” had been launched.
http://en.ria.ru/world/20131210/185404247/Second-Lenin-Statue-is-Attacked-as-Protests-Continue-in-Ukraine.html

This is the face of the pro-EU opposition in the Ukraine: anti-Russian and pro-fascist; they fly the counter-revolutionary flag of 1917—1920 and the black/red flag of Nazi collaboraters, Ukrainian Insurgent Army. They are a gang of thugs.

If the Ukraine chooses stronger ties to the EU, it will be nothing but a US/NATO puppet like the Baltic states and Poland.

Virtuous
12-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Great news (y) down with communism, the destructive ideology that has caused the starvation and death of millions through failed collectivization and the stripping of the fundamental right to private property - and thus liberty.

It is the motivation to why Ukranians have done it which I dislike, they want to join an equally bureaucratic EU in the same style of the USSR that is only shining on the outside.

Loki
12-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Appalling. This is an American and EU-funded 'revolution'. :rolleyes:

Loki
12-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Great news (y) down with communism, the destructive ideology that has caused the starvation and death of millions through failed collectivization and the stripping of the fundamental right to private property - and thus liberty.

It is the motivation to why Ukranians have done it which I dislike, they want to join an equally bureaucratic EU in the same style of the USSR that is only shining on the outside.

This is not about communism, though. It's about anti-Russian sentiment.

Furnace
12-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Should have been removed a long time ago.. but better late than never they say.

Virtuous
12-10-2013, 10:47 PM
This is not about communism, though. It's about anti-Russian sentiment.

Yeah, the motivation wrong.

ALSh
12-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I wasn't aware that a Lenin statue was still up in a "democratic" state.

alb0zfinest
12-10-2013, 10:58 PM

I agree. With the first part.........

Loki
12-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I wasn't aware that a Lenin statue was still up in a "democratic" state.

There are Lenin statues even in America (Seattle) and England.

ALSh
12-10-2013, 11:13 PM
There are Lenin statues even in America (Seattle) and England.

Why would erect US or England his statues, they fought against his ideology.

Loki
12-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Why would erect US or England his statues, they fought against his ideology.

Dunno, ask them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25299153

Seattle, US:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/71626000/jpg/_71626860_seattle_composite_ap624.jpg

Baluarte
12-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Interesting. I finally have something to like from these Ukrainian Orange Revolution - wannabes :laugh:

Manifest Destiny
02-20-2014, 04:40 PM
http://en.ria.ru/world/20131210/185404247/Second-Lenin-Statue-is-Attacked-as-Protests-Continue-in-Ukraine.html

This is the face of the pro-EU opposition in the Ukraine: anti-Russian and pro-fascist; they fly the counter-revolutionary flag of 1917—1920 and the black/red flag of Nazi collaboraters, Ukrainian Insurgent Army. They are a gang of thugs.

If the Ukraine chooses stronger ties to the EU, it will be nothing but a US/NATO puppet like the Baltic states and Poland.

As opposed to all the years it spent under the thumb of genocidal Russians in Moscow?

I'd prefer that Ukrainians be nationalists who are skeptical of both Russia and the EU.

RussiaPrussia
02-20-2014, 05:38 PM
As opposed to all the years it spent under the thumb of genocidal Russians in Moscow?

I'd prefer that Ukrainians be nationalists who are skeptical of both Russia and the EU.

genocidal russians? It were russians who died most under communis and nazi invasion.

You americans killed 40 million native american and enslaved blacks, murdered 2 million vietnamese dropped there more napalm bombs than in whole Stalingrad battle together and were the only one who ever used nuclear weapons on civilians, you have no leverage to lecture us about genocides.

RussiaPrussia
02-20-2014, 05:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbADgtO9-pI

your government also supports heroin production which killed millions of russians

Manifest Destiny
02-20-2014, 05:42 PM
genocidal russians? It were russians who died most under communis and nazi invasion.

You americans killed 40 million native american and enslaved blacks, murdered 2 million vietnamese dropped there more napalm bombs than in whole Stalingrad battle together and were the only one who ever used nuclear weapons on civilians, you have no leverage to lecture us about genocides.

I'll take Holodomor for $1000, Alex. The fact that the American government has committed historical wrongs doesn't absolve the USSR of its guilt. And it sure doesn't change the fact that Ukrainians would be better off without the EU or Russia involved in its affairs.

RussiaPrussia
02-20-2014, 05:48 PM
I'll take Holodomor for $1000, Alex. The fact that the American government has committed historical wrongs doesn't absolve the USSR of its guilt. And it sure doesn't change the fact that Ukrainians would be better off without the EU or Russia involved in its affairs.

more russians died in 1921 russian famine than in holdomor, yet you dont see russians bitching about

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu4g3l_russians-suffered-most-under-communism-not-ukrainians-or-baltics-9-million-death-people-forgotten_news

Manifest Destiny
02-20-2014, 05:54 PM
more russians died in 1921 russian famine than in holdomor, yet you dont see russians bitching about

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu4g3l_russians-suffered-most-under-communism-not-ukrainians-or-baltics-9-million-death-people-forgotten_news

And your point is? My comment was about what was better for the Ukraine, not whether the Russians also murdered their own people.

RussiaPrussia
02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
And your point is? My comment was about what was better for the Ukraine, not whether the Russians also murdered their own people.

soviet union was multiculrtural society, lenin was jew and stalin was georgian

Manifest Destiny
02-20-2014, 06:35 PM

I meant "Russians" as in the government of the USSR. Everyone was worse off under communism and nations today are better off without having to constantly answer to outside entities over domestic policy. Ukrainians need nationalism and self determination far more than they need Russia or the EU.

RussiaPrussia
02-20-2014, 06:46 PM
I meant "Russians" as in the government of the USSR. Everyone was worse off under communism and nations today are better off without having to constantly answer to outside entities over domestic policy. Ukrainians need nationalism and self determination far more than they need Russia or the EU.

thats not true, eastern europe was most wealthy under communism than they were ever been under capitalism now and before communism.
https://downloader.disk.yandex.com/preview/7b687958ee39d5783256844c42451a5a/mpfs/gf3H-kn5Qe8xiTg1JFOn8WaOxgDNjfKmqx4t8e6H2KjlGbOqFhbKGRv Iie-GqsQtX8Yflo7YS1FlFLOFVKVETw%3D%3D?uid=0&filename=communismeasterneuropepng&disposition=inline&hash=&limit=0&content_type=image%2Fpng&size=XXL&crop=0

Its normal progress that if you try to change to another system you have to deal with problems and turmoil, what communist countries experienced back then was nothing more what they are experienced and some still experiencing during shock therapy to capitalism.

Russia lost many of its population from 147 million people to 143 while ukraine lost from 52 million to 44 million. More polish people flee their country than during communist times. So if a drought in communism is genocide for you? Is this also genocide in your logic?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Population_of_Ukraine_v.2.PNG

Manifest Destiny
02-20-2014, 06:49 PM
thats not true, eastern europe was most wealthy under communism than they were ever been under capitalism now and before communism.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26281

Its normal progress that if you try to change to another system you have to deal with problems and turmoil, what communist countries experienced back then was nothing more what they are experienced and some still experiencing during shock therapy to capitalism.

Russia lost many of its population from 147 million people to 143 while ukraine lost from 52 million to 44 million. More polish people flee their country than during communist times. So if a drought in communism is genocide for you? Is this also genocide in your logic?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Population_of_Ukraine_v.2.PNG

Migration and genocide aren't the same thing. And comparing migration now to migration during the communist era is kinda pointless, since most communist countries were reluctant to let people leave.

Pure ja
02-20-2014, 08:19 PM

Yes, and that is tragic - the part that russians are not bitching about it, but instead plot to raise the Džeržinski monument again.

Pure ja
02-20-2014, 08:20 PM

The soviet people was to become just another incarnation of the russian nation - speaking russian language.

RussiaPrussia
02-20-2014, 08:25 PM
The soviet people was to become just another incarnation of the russian nation - speaking russian language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM2Ql3wOGcU

Yaroslav
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Very ironic because these protesters are funded by the same interests who funded the Bolsheviks. :rolleyes2:

Ivan Kramskoď
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Honstly better attack statue of lenin than tsarist figures.

Yaroslav
02-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Honstly better attack statue of lenin than tsarist figures.

The Czars were filthy bastards themselves, the Lord allowed the Bolsheviks to eradicate their dynasty. They sinned, and made God's people to sin (only someone who reads the Word of God knows where this comes from.) When Jesus returns, the great Catholic Russia of Vladimir will be restored, and Christ and the Blessed Virgin will reign over it from the New Jerusalem forever and ever. Maranatha, amen.

Pure ja
02-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Very ironic because these protesters are funded by the same interests who funded the Bolsheviks. :rolleyes2:

Something good came out of it: Finland, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.
Should I continue?

Yaroslav
02-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Something good came out of it: Finland, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.
Should I continue?

Those are Russian lands, they illegally seceded.

DeaththeKid
02-21-2014, 12:16 AM
I can understand why Ukrainians are pissed of with life since they are even poorer then Belarus. I think Russia should either annex it or let it join the EU.