PDA

View Full Version : Suicide bomber kills 18 people at Iraq's funeral

Baluarte
12-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Suicide bomber kills 18 people at Iraq's funeral

http://cdn.ruvr.ru/2013/12/10/1184948847/7highres_00000402717521.jpg

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_12_10/Suicide-bomber-killes-18-people-at-Iraqs-funeral-8726/

A suicide bomber attacked a Shiite shrine in Iraq Tuesday, killing 11 people, including some mourning seven who were shot dead earlier in the day, police and a doctor said.

The blast at the Abu Idris shrine in Baquba, northeast of Baghdad in the religiously and ethnically mixed province of Diyala, also wounded 19 people, the sources said.

The victims of the bombing included people who were mourning the deaths of seven Shiite shepherds who were gunned down northeast of Baquba earlier on Tuesday.

Members of Iraq's Shiite majority are frequently targeted by Sunni militants, who consider them to be apostates.

Violence in Iraq has reached a level this year not seen since 2008, when Iraq was just emerging from a period of brutal sectarian killings, and the surge in violence has raised fears the country is falling back into all-out conflict.

It took just eight days for this month's death toll to surpass that for the entire month of December last year, according to AFP figures based on security and medical sources.

Voice of Russia, AFP

SardiniaAtlantis
12-11-2013, 02:43 AM
Isn't religion wonderful?!
Again the hypocrisy of these people never fails to astound me.

Baluarte
12-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Isn't religion wonderful?!
Again the hypocrisy of these people never fails to astound me.

All sectarians instrumentalize religions for their aims, but not all religious people fall for sectarianism. Although one cannot hide that Sunni/Shia coexistence has never been easy, today's frictions have been artifically boosted by foreign powers.

SardiniaAtlantis
12-11-2013, 02:50 AM
I agree. The strongest enemy of these people is blind faith and not enough education in their own religion.

Petros Houhoulis
12-11-2013, 04:46 AM
This is not even news Baluarte! Muslims blowing up! This is why you were correct to put it in the Islam section...

Loki
12-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Sunni terrorists ... just as I thought.

I think by now we can safely say that Sunni Islam is not a religion of peace, but one of suicide bombers.

SardiniaAtlantis
12-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Could it be then a religion of pieces??