PDA

View Full Version : Laissez-faire preservation

Fred
11-09-2009, 07:48 AM
What do you think about unenforced preservation vs enforced integration? This is different than the liberal mythology of forced preservation vs unenforced integration and actually seems to be the true case of things. Which of the four do you identify with?

Eldritch
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Perhaps you could explain what you mean by those terms a little more clearly?

Fred
11-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Well, do you prefer a heavy-handed or libertine approach for ensuring that people preserve, or dissolve? It is a values-based question and more than one response if you wish to give one.

BlasphemousDeception
11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Carrot and stick.As long as people can be reasonably relied upon to make the right decision,fine and dandy.If,however,it appears to beyond their capacity to make the sensible decision then it's time for some serious ass kickin'.

Liffrea
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Forcing people would defeat the point, if they see no merit in racial and/or cultural preservation then who am I to force them to reconsider? Personally I don’t give a damn who others choose to marry or if they want to abandon their heritage, no business of mine. I associate with people (real individuals not cyber space “buddies”) who do care about preservation.

Live your own life, let others live theirs.

Manifest Destiny
11-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I believe in unenforced preservation. I wouldn't force a person to care about the future of their people, just as I wouldn't allow someone to force me to NOT care about the future of mine.

Tabiti
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
We all see what is the result of "free personal choice" politics, so in the current state of development some things should be forced if we want to reach something. Sad but true, people aren't "grown enough" to take their own decisions.

Arrow Cross
11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Europe desperately needs a new set of Nürnberg Laws.

Fred
11-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I have allowed this thread to go its own way by not touching it for a while. My "laissez-faire" approach has led this to be an open debate. I don't presume to control it. I think that a more down-to-earth approach to preservation can be best done on an individual basis, but am open to suggestion...