PDA

View Full Version : international community condemns india, leading congress party said will fight for gay sex

Mortimer
12-13-2013, 04:15 AM
http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/12/12/india-rights-gay-congress-idINDEE9BB07520131212

"To say in this day and age that LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender)rights should not be recognised is extremely regressive and extremely disappointing," Chidambaram told reporters.

I wonder what the BJP and conservative Hindu Nationalist Parties have to say

Óttar
12-13-2013, 04:22 AM
This is certainly a step in the wrong direction. While in classical India, homosexuality and other sexual deviance was seen as abnormal, homosexuals and other "queers" were still given a respectable place in society. Queers often had jobs as masseurs and hair-dressers. "Queer" sexuality was seen as a part of life, albeit one that deviated from social norms.

With the advent of Islam in India, and with the coming of stuffy British Victorian mores, homosexuality was criminalized and condemned.

Mortimer
12-13-2013, 04:26 AM
This is certainly a step in the wrong direction. While in classical India, homosexuality and other sexual deviance was seen as abnormal, homosexuals and other "queers" were still given a respectable place in society. Queers often had jobs as masseurs and hair-dressers. "Queer" sexuality was seen as a part of life, albeit one that deviated from social norms.

With the advent of Islam in India, and with the coming of stuffy British Victorian mores, homosexuality was criminalized and condemned.

im not sure, i didnt read too much into it, could be gay propaganda. i think manusmirtis law forbid homosexuality and put it under punishment

GrebluBro
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
India would be the last Muslim minority to approve homosexual marriages..it will take long long time...

asingh
12-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Actually the Supreme Court upheld a ruling by the High Court. The matter has gone to the Parliament to decide. BJP is homo-phobiac. I think Congress will let this one pass...!

armenianbodyhair
12-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Chidambaram is right.

asingh
12-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Chidambaram is right.

That ends all negotiations. LOL.

armenianbodyhair
12-16-2013, 06:04 AM
That ends all negotiations. LOL.
damn STRAIGHT.

Mortimer
12-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Actually the Supreme Court upheld a ruling by the High Court. The matter has gone to the Parliament to decide. BJP is homo-phobiac. I think Congress will let this one pass...!

good then i need to support them.

portusaus
12-16-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm pro-LGBT in general, but for an international alliance to try to coerce a nation to change their policies on things they have previously shared their stance on is ridiculous to me. This should not be allowed.