PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Ambassador to Britain: West’s policies on both Iran and Syria risk the stability and security

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Saudi Ambassador to Britain: "West’s policies on both Iran and Syria risk the stability and security of the Middle East...we will not stand idly by"

Obama's kowtowing to Iran threatens to make the world a far more dangerous place than it already is, and in short order. The U.S. should not have gotten involved militarily in Syria in the interests of installing an al-Qaeda regime there, but the Saudis have no such compunction, even though such a state might ultimately threaten them -- they have been playing that particular double game for decades now.

"Saudi Arabia Will Go It Alone," by the Saudi Ambassador to Britain, Mohammed bin Nawaf bin Abdulaziz al Saud in the New York Times, December 17:

London — Saudi Arabia has been friends with our Western partners for decades; for some, like the United Kingdom where I serve as ambassador, for almost a century. These are strategic alliances that benefit us both. Recently, these relationships have been tested — principally because of differences over Iran and Syria.
We believe that many of the West’s policies on both Iran and Syria risk the stability and security of the Middle East. This is a dangerous gamble, about which we cannot remain silent, and will not stand idly by....

And yet rather than challenging the Syrian and Iranian governments, some of our Western partners have refused to take much-needed action against them. The West has allowed one regime to survive and the other to continue its program for uranium enrichment, with all the consequent dangers of weaponization.

This year’s talks with Iran may dilute the West’s determination to deal with both governments. What price is “peace” though, when it is made with such regimes?...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/12/saudi-ambassador-to-britain-wests-policies-on-both-iran-and-syria-risk-the-stability-and-security-of.html

MarkyMark
12-19-2013, 02:21 AM
It only risks their chance for power in the region. This is nothing more than a chess game between Iranian Shi'ites and Arab Sunnis.

Tooting Carmen
12-19-2013, 02:23 AM
It only risks their chance for power in the region. This is nothing more than a chess game between Iranian Shi'ites and Arab Sunnis.

Precisely. Furthermore, the Saudi Government is among the last in the world that has the right to criticise the behaviour of other regimes, given its own less-than-sterling human rights record. In fact, compared to Saudi, Syria and even Iran are feminist paradises.

Baluarte
12-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Here's a curious exercise, reread the topic title replacing "Saudi Arabia" with "Israel" and the sentence remains equally credible.

Heh, I even googled something quickly and came up with this:

Netanyahu urges world powers to take tough line on final Iran deal
http://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-world-powers-must-demand-iran-change-39-180843932.html

Long live the Saudi-Israeli Alliance.

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Here's a curious exercise, reread the topic title replacing "Saudi Arabia" with "Israel" and the sentence remains equally credible.

Heh, I even googled something quickly and came up with this:

Netanyahu urges world powers to take tough line on final Iran deal
http://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-world-powers-must-demand-iran-change-39-180843932.html

More likely both the Israelis and Saudis are independently correct and have come to the same conclusion.

Baluarte
12-19-2013, 03:06 AM
More likely both the Israelis and Saudis are independently correct and have come to the same conclusion.

So the Saudi Israeli Alliance is actually a myth and both Tel Aviv and Riyad took the same foreign policy decisions :O?
Wow, that's a real coincidence.

Also quite plausible... :laugh:

Drawing-slim
12-19-2013, 03:18 AM
A nuclear Iran and Syria with Assad surviving will for sure present a threat to all Sunni Muslims and Israel and maybe even beyond that. So if Iran gets the bomb at the very least Saudi should get two big fat bombs. Only fair.

Loki
12-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Fuck the Saudis.

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 03:30 AM
So the Saudi Israeli Alliance is actually a myth and both Tel Aviv and Riyad took the same foreign policy decisions :O?
Wow, that's a real coincidence.

Also quite plausible... :laugh:

Israel prefers Assad than the Sunni Rebels so I'm not sure why you see a conspiracy.

Drawing-slim
12-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Fuck the Saudis.

Why is that exactly?! It seems to me that Saudi Arabia UAE & Kuwait have a very good living standards, which is not surprising these three countries including Jordan have great relationship with the west and Israel at the same time. Another words they can co-exist with all nations as it is proven so far.
What's the problem here?

Baluarte
12-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Israel prefers Assad than the Sunni Rebels so I'm not sure why you see a conspiracy.

Oh dear God, Do you really expect me to be that STUPID? I find that to be truly offensive.

Michael Oren himself stated that Israel always preferred to see Assad gone, and that it was Israel's position from the very beginning of the revolt. Furthermore everyone in the know is aware of how much the Mossad really "helps" Assad's government.

It's however extremely shocking to see you taking this sort of position. Denying the existance of the Saudi Israeli Alliance, denying the fact Israel is against Assad, even when Zionist high echelons and most of Netanyahu's government has no problem admitting their real position.

Why do you have this sort of denial mixed with lying position then? Not really coherent with the people you seek to defend

Loki
12-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Why is that exactly?! It seems to me that Saudi Arabia UAE & Kuwait have a very good living standards, which is not surprising these three countries including Jordan have great relationship with the west and Israel at the same time. Another words they can co-exist with all nations as it is proven so far.
What's the problem here?

Because they are anti-Western?

Saudi only has high living standards because of oil. When sanctions are lifted against Iran they will become similarly rich.

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Oh dear God, Do you really expect me to be that STUPID? I find that to be truly offensive.

Michael Oren himself stated that Israel always preferred to see Assad gone, and that it was Israel's position from the very beginning of the revolt. Furthermore everyone in the know is aware of how much the Mossad really "helps" Assad's government.

It's however extremely shocking to see you taking this sort of position. Denying the existance of the Saudi Israeli Alliance, denying the fact Israel is against Assad, even when Zionist high echelons and most of Netanyahu's government has no problem admitting their real position.

Why do you have this sort of denial mixed with lying position then? Not really coherent with the people you seek to defend

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?105645-Israel-prefers-Assad-to-Islamists

Baluarte
12-19-2013, 04:46 AM
That guy is a grunt (military not politician in the know) who was discharged before the current Syrian war.

A higher ops like Oren (who was the Israeli Ambassador to the United States, most important delegation of the Israeli FM), who was part of Netanyahu's government till last September did state it openly:

http://www.jpost.com/Syria-Crisis/Oren-Jerusalem-has-wanted-Assad-ousted-since-the-outbreak-of-the-Syrian-civil-war-326328

"We understand that they are pretty bad guys,” he said, adding that this designation did not apply to everyone in the Syrian opposition. “Still, the greatest danger to Israel is by the strategic arc that extends from Tehran, to Damascus to Beirut. And we saw the Assad regime as the keystone in that arc. That is a position we had well before the outbreak of hostilities in Syria. With the outbreak of hostilities we continued to want Assad to go.”"

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 04:57 AM
That guy is a grunt (military not politician in the know) who was discharged before the current Syrian war.

A higher ops like Oren (who was the Israeli Ambassador to the United States, most important delegation of the Israeli FM), who was part of Netanyahu's government till last September did state it openly:

http://www.jpost.com/Syria-Crisis/Oren-Jerusalem-has-wanted-Assad-ousted-since-the-outbreak-of-the-Syrian-civil-war-326328

"We understand that they are pretty bad guys,” he said, adding that this designation did not apply to everyone in the Syrian opposition. “Still, the greatest danger to Israel is by the strategic arc that extends from Tehran, to Damascus to Beirut. And we saw the Assad regime as the keystone in that arc. That is a position we had well before the outbreak of hostilities in Syria. With the outbreak of hostilities we continued to want Assad to go.”"

I personally think Iran, Alawites and Israel should form an alliance against the Sunnis.

Loki
12-19-2013, 04:59 AM
I personally think Iran, Alawites and Israel should form an alliance against the Sunnis.

I agree.

Petros Houhoulis
12-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Baluarte, you are making a grave error of judgement.

Israel does not want Assad down. They want Hezbollah down. If Hezbollah bleeds to death, or keeps distracted at fighting the Sunnis 'till the end of time, Israel won't have a problem with Assad, or even Iran!!!

Drawing-slim
12-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Because they are anti-Western?

Saudi only has high living standards because of oil. When sanctions are lifted against Iran they will become similarly rich.
And Iran and Syria is not?

Drawing-slim
12-19-2013, 08:50 AM
I personally think Iran, Alawites and Israel should form an alliance against the Sunnis.lol

Loki
12-19-2013, 09:14 AM

Correct.

Drawing-slim
12-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Correct.
Incorrect.
Iran held American hostages for three years, American hostages incase you didn't hear me, the epitome of western culture and values, especially considering the time in history.
And the sadest irony of this, under the president Carter, the biggest supporter of Islamic people that will ever ever come to live in the White House. The biggest supporter of the Palestinian cause. Now that's really anti western.

Petros Houhoulis
12-19-2013, 10:39 AM

Various Arab emirates have a hell lot of oil and no virtually no people. Saudi Arabia has a lot of oil and some people. Iran has some oil and a hell lot of people. Syria has virtually no oil and some people.

Baluarte
12-19-2013, 08:52 PM

:lol: No words for this.
Everybody knows Sunni governments are much closer to both NATO and Israel. Except probably for Hamas in Gaza.

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
:lol: No words for this.
Everybody knows Sunni governments are much closer to both NATO and Israel. Except probably for Hamas in Gaza.

Israel's closest Muslim ally is Shia Azerbaijan. Israel and Iran used to be very close allies. I disagree entirely.

Baluarte
12-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Israel's closest Muslim ally is Shia Azerbaijan. Israel and Iran used to be very close allies. I disagree entirely.

They used to be great allies when Iran was brutally ruled by a puppet of the US/UK interests like Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, who committed the utmost dishonouring a man could ever attemp, when he kissed the feet of the same guys that overthrew and exiled his father, the same guys that organized a coup against his Prime Minister in 1953, and who always cared more about the financial sheet of the Anglo Iranian Oil Company over the interests of the Persians.

As imperfect as the Islamic Republic may be, at least its a real Iranian authority, who hasn't backed down when bullied by the biggest scum of the contemporary world: The Anglo-American power and the Zionist /proIsraeli interest networks.

Drawing-slim
12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
They used to be great allies when Iran was brutally ruled by a puppet of the US/UK interests like Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, who committed the utmost dishonouring a man could ever attemp, when he kissed the feet of the same guys that overthrew and exiled his father, the same guys that organized a coup against his Prime Minister in 1953, and who always cared more about the financial sheet of the Anglo Iranian Oil Company over the interests of the Persians.

As imperfect as the Islamic Republic may be, at least its a real Iranian authority, who hasn't backed down when bullied by the biggest scum of the contemporary world: The Anglo-American power and the Zionist /proIsraeli interest networks.Clearly I'm not pro Iran for obvious reasons but they have shown some balls time and time again.. they ought to be respected in this regard.

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 10:21 PM

As imperfect as the Islamic Republic may be, at least its a real Iranian authority, who hasn't backed down when bullied by the biggest scum of the contemporary world: The Anglo-American power and the Zionist /proIsraeli interest networks.

No, Israel was allied with Iran when it was ruled by King of Kings and Light of the Aryans, the legitimate ruler of Iran by right.

The biggest scum on Earth is you and your commie and Islamist friends.

Tacitus
12-19-2013, 10:26 PM

Ah, the love that dare not speak its name.

I can see the logic behind this, but it would take some about-face by Israel for this to happen (and the US too, should they follow suit). The Saudi-US-Israel triangle is much too tight to break off.

Shah-Jehan
12-19-2013, 10:30 PM
No, Israel was allied with Iran when it was ruled by King of Kings and Light of the Aryans, the legitimate ruler of Iran by right.

The biggest scum on Earth is you and your commie and Islamist friends.
The Iranic word "Aryamehr" doesn't mean "light of the Aryans", it means "Noble light" with Arya meaning noble and mehr meaning light, it also has a Sanskrit and Pali equivalent...

Anglojew
12-19-2013, 10:39 PM
The Iranic word "Aryamehr" doesn't mean "light of the Aryans", it means "Noble light" with Arya meaning noble and mehr meaning light, it also has a Sanskrit and Pali equivalent...

We know Aryan means Noble. Thanks for the info though!