PDA

View Full Version : Can you please classify my friend?

noell
12-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Can you classify her, please? Also- where could she pass? Thank you in advance!

Kalimtari
12-19-2013, 08:06 PM
stylish lady

oh-nahhh
12-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Med-Alpine

fenix978
12-19-2013, 08:09 PM
I would say Dinaric + Alpine, but I would like to see a picture from side (profile).

noell
12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Med stands for Mediterranean, right? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this terminology :)

Any other opinions? What is she the most and where could she possibly pass?

Unfortunately, I can't find any profile pics, I only have two more pictures of her.

Mark
12-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Slightly Dinarized Alpino-Med + very subtle Baltid influence.

armenianbodyhair
12-19-2013, 08:47 PM
pics are to big I can't/

ChocolateFace
12-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Pred Alpinoid + Med with possibly minor Dinaric influences. I'm guessing she is Serbian.

ChocolateFace
12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Alpinoid might be approaching Gorid which possibly indicates some Baltid presence. Med stands for Mediterranean.

noell
12-19-2013, 09:06 PM
She's actually not Serbian :) Her nationality is American, but I have no info about her ethnicity, and not gonna lie it's kinda interesting to me. Could she pass in Italy for one? Or any other Southern European country? Because that's what she gets told quite often.

Btw, how can you tell whether she's Med, Dinaric, Alpine etc.? Or Baltid, even if it's super slight? That's really interesting! What dominates in her? Med, Dinaric or Alpine?

fenix978
12-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Any other opinions? What is she the most and where could she possibly pass?

I think she could pass in Bulgaria, Romania and Greece.

morski
12-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Turanid.

Styrian Mujo
12-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Dinaricized alpinid-mediterranid with minor baltid.

dude
12-19-2013, 09:22 PM
She's actually not Serbian :) Her nationality is American, but I have no info about her ethnicity, and not gonna lie it's kinda interesting to me. Could she pass in Italy for one? Or any other Southern European country? Because that's what she gets told quite often.

Btw, how can you tell whether she's Med, Dinaric, Alpine etc.? Or Baltid, even if it's super slight? That's really interesting! What dominates in her? Med, Dinaric or Alpine?

:) You know. Most people in the US call Italian looking anyone who looks white, but not white enough to be anglo, and white enough to not be Mexican looking. You will learn a lot of that stuff in this place. The classification was quite good too, she looks kind of Balkan and not Italian.

noell
12-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Ok, stole a profile pic from her account, lol :D

Tacitus
12-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Think she's too Eastern Euro to pass in Italy IMO.

I think she could pass in Bulgaria, Romania and Greece.

I'd agree with this.

fenix978
12-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Turanid.

When looking third and fourth attachment, it seems to me that her eyes and cheeks would also suggest this admixture. But in next moment I think to myself that instead of Turanid she has some Middle-Eastern admixture. Really strange indeed.

noell
12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
When looking third and fourth attachment, it seems to me that her eyes and cheeks would also suggest this admixture. But in next moment I think to myself that instead of Turanid she has some Middle-Eastern admixture. Really strange indeed.
Turanid? What's that? I mean, where do the representatives of this type come from? Turkey, or what? I mean, the name kinda associates with Turkey, that's why I thought of it :) So Turanind & Middle-Eastern are kinda close to each other? And btw, where do you spot this "Middle-Easterness" in her? Yes, you mentioned her eyes and cheeks, but what exactly about them?

Btw, I'm so happy that I found this forum! It's amazing. I've always been really interested in people's ethnic backgrounds and this forum gives such a great opportunity to learn so many interesting things! Good to be here :) I'm afraid I might get addicted, tho :D

fenix978
12-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Turanid? What's that? I mean, where do the representatives of this type come from? Turkey, or what? I mean, the name kinda associates with Turkey, that's why I thought of it :) So Turanind & Middle-Eastern are kinda close to each other? Yes, you mentioned her eyes and cheeks, but what exactly about them?

Btw, I'm so happy that I found this forum! It's amazing. I've always been really interested in people's ethnic backgrounds and this forum gives such a great opportunity to learn so many interesting things! Good to be here :) I'm afraid I might get addicted, tho :D

Well, Turanids are some semmi-mongoloid type related to some small nationalities in Russia.
Mongolid types have (usually) broad cheeks...

And btw, where do you spot this "Middle-Easterness" in her?

Dont know for sure, in some moment she reminded me on some Levantine or similar types I've seen.

ChocolateFace
12-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I think she can def pass in Italy and most of southern Europe.

noell
12-20-2013, 06:18 AM
I think she can def pass in Italy and most of southern Europe.

Where would you place her in Italy?

Mark
12-20-2013, 06:31 AM
>> Thread moved to Personal Taxonomy

ChocolateFace
12-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Where would you place her in Italy?

Throughout.

noell
12-20-2013, 04:05 PM
So basically to kinda sum up: She's Med+Alpine+Dinaric with some slight Middle-Eastern/Turanid admixture, right?

Corvus
12-20-2013, 04:08 PM
So basically to kinda sum up: She's Med+Alpine+Dinaric with some slight Middle-Eastern/Turanid admixture, right?

Discard the Middle Eastern/Turanid part. Thats nonsense. She looks South European. Rather East than West.
Could pass as Italian though

noell
12-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Discard the Middle Eastern/Turanid part. Thats nonsense. She looks South European. Rather East than West.
Could pass as Italian though

Sure :) I was just trying to sum up everything what's been already said :) Ok, so she's East Med.
Btw, what is the type Italians usually represent? Is it East or West Med or does it distinctly vary depending on the region?

Faklon
12-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Looks somewhat Uzbek or maybe Latin-American to be honest.

Rather not Southern-Euro.

noell
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Looks somewhat Uzbek or maybe Latin-American to be honest.

Rather not Southern-Euro.

Thank you for another opinion! Where do you think she could pass in Latin America?

Faklon
12-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Thank you for another opinion! Where do you think she could pass in Latin America?

Better ask Latinos.

morski
12-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Reminds me of this Bulgarian singer, who's Turanid, imo.

http://www.bliasak.bg/uploads/newBroi/file34524.jpg

fenix978
12-20-2013, 05:45 PM

He probably meant that she has some Mongoloid traits, since Indian races in Americas emerged as result of mixing of Aboriginal races which came from Oceania with Mongols which came from Asia across Bering Sea. :p

noell
12-20-2013, 09:16 PM
He probably meant that she has some Mongoloid traits, since Indian races in Americas emerged as result of mixing of Aboriginal races which came from Oceania with Mongols which came from Asia across Bering Sea. :p

Woah! I really admire your knowledge, guys. I'm not quite sure if I understood that right- so she has some Native Latin American, or what? I dunno, I might have confused something, but from what I've heard, Mongoloid features are quite common among Native people in Latin America. Isn't that right?

I'm really diggin' this whole investigation, but to be honest I'm super confused right now and I totally don't know what is she :D

fenix978
12-20-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm really diggin' this whole investigation, but to be honest I'm super confused right now and I totally don't know what is she :D

You could try to investigate starting on these places:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?772-Where-Do-You-Begin

http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/index2.htm

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-Anthropology