PDA

View Full Version : I would vote for Britain to leave the EU -- 43% YES; 37% NO

Graham
12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Interesting wee poll by the Sun this Month. Independence from EU at Still winning.

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/5010/6sww.jpg

morski
12-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Interesting wee poll by the Sun this Month. Independence from EU at Still winning.

That's with or without the Scots.:D What are the percentages for yes/no up there?

Lábaru
12-19-2013, 08:46 PM
I would also vote yes(for Spain).

Graham
12-19-2013, 08:47 PM
We are the end of the poll stats. Scotland is generally pro-European compared to England. That is no surprise.

morski
12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
We are the end of the poll stats. Scotland is generally pro-European compared to England. That is no surprise.

So without the Scots there'd be even more popular demand for the UK to exit the Union.

Graham
12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
So without the Scots there'd be even more popular demand for the UK to exit the Union.

Yes and also without the Scots. They EU referendum would be more possible. Scots all vote Labour, who don't want a vote. UKIP are non-existent here.

ALSh
12-19-2013, 09:17 PM
If Britain leaves EU, i think this might couse a chain effect.

Petros Houhoulis
12-19-2013, 09:18 PM

First of all, it looks like 43% to me. Secondly, the pro-Europeans are the younger generations. Third, the most educated choose to stay in Europe too.

Conclusion...

Petros Houhoulis
12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
If Britain leaves EU, i think this might couse a chain effect.

Yeah... Scotland shall declare independence in order to get back into the E.U.!!!

Graham
12-19-2013, 09:23 PM
First of all, it looks like 43% to me. Secondly, the pro-Europeans are the younger generations. Third, the most educated choose to stay in Europe too.

Conclusion...

Sorry i meant to edit that. :P lol

At least I know you are paying attention. heh

HellLander87
12-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Britain must leave the EU, for the best of humanity.

Graham
12-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Britain would lose some jobs, but overall I think would be ok Economically to leave. As it has strong trading with the other Anglo Countries.

Jackson
12-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Yes and also without the Scots. They EU referendum would be more possible. Scots all vote Labour, who don't want a vote. UKIP are non-existent here.

I think it'd it be a good idea if we went our ways. :D

cyrus
03-18-2014, 10:56 AM
"I would vote for Britain to leave the EU"

I totally agree with you. UK should remain what it always was, the last bastion of western civilisation.

Fakirbakir
05-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Britain would lose some jobs, but overall I think would be ok Economically to leave. As it has strong trading with the other Anglo Countries.

Britain would need at least 25 years to recover from the split and there would be no guarantee of success. "Some jobs" means thousands of jobs. Compared to the unified European market Britain is just a "small" country. Economically, it would lose its leading role in Europe (it's already losing, the finance sector is "the last stand") . Britain is not Norway where the population is scant but possesses huge resources.

Anglojew
05-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Anglosphere unite

Graham
05-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Britain would need at least 25 years to recover from the split and there would be no guarantee of success. "Some jobs" means thousands of jobs. Compared to the unified European market Britain is just a "small" country. Economically, it would lose its leading role in Europe (it's already losing, the finance sector is "the last stand") . Britain is not Norway where the population is scant but possesses huge resources.

If Britain retains its EEA status, don't see how this would have as much impact. You can still be in the EUs single market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_market), that allows the free movement to business without being in the EU. Like Switzerland & Norway.

Leliana
05-29-2014, 08:46 PM
EU should be dissolved. Then we could make a EU-light with focus on wares, enonomics and goods (without inferences of national finances, social matters or a political union) with Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finnland and maybe France when it ever becomes sane again.

Fakirbakir
06-24-2014, 08:56 AM
If Britain retains its EEA status, don't see how this would have as much impact. You can still be in the EUs single market (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_market), that allows the free movement to business without being in the EU. Like Switzerland & Norway.

The EEA status means Britain would have to retain almost all EU legislation related to the single market. But, Britain does not want the EU's internal market because it opposes its regulations (free movement of goods, capital, services, and people). Leaving the EU would be either an economic or diplomatic disaster (or both). About fifty percent of Britain's trade is with the European Union whereas the average EU country has less than ten percent of its external trade with Britain. Britain is closely tied to the EU.

Switzerland is not part of the EEA.

Breedingvariety
06-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Leaving the EU and closing borders, except for international billionaires, would be beneficial to ordinary British people.

Neon Knight
06-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Regaining full control of our borders is the main thing.